Morrissey

Charley333

sadly, it just shows him up for what he is - a reasonably intelligent individual continually exposing himself as a psudo-intellectual. He must get on awfully well with Russell Brand.

Never quite understood why people make this type of criticism. Are famous people supposed to shut the hell up because they don't have an MA in a subject? Should they just focus on drinking with other celebrities in London nightclubs?

I also think it's stuff artists have done for decades if not centuries. It's not like George Harrison, or Bob Dylan never broached political issues. Were they both pseudo-intellectuals who should keep schtum too?

• Upvote 1

Never quite understood why people make this type of criticism. Are famous people supposed to shut the hell up because they don't have an MA in a subject? Should they just focus on drinking with other celebrities in London nightclubs?

I also think it's stuff artists have done for decades if not centuries. It's not like George Harrison, or Bob Dylan never broached political issues. Were they both pseudo-intellectuals who should keep schtum too?

George Harrison was a kind spiritual man, who only ever did to help others! you cannot compare him to Morrisey. Morrisey is a horrible horrible insulting man. George Harrison was a vegetarian, you ever hear him saying anything as controversial as Morrisey.

Accidently Upvoted your comment. When you look at it please know its a hollow upvote.

Edited by Bonehead> Clapton

Yeah just ask Ringo! Who was no angel either.

Funny thing, the "best" and most respected band ever and two of them loved slapping the missus about.

I know Peter Hook was is a bit of a horrible bastard but I did not have Barney down for that type of behaviour. Gillian would batter Steven so it would not be them two.

I went to see Morrissey a few years ago at Manchester Central, it was just before Christmas and everyone I went with had broke up from work the day before so we was all very hungover. We had to drive from Hull and all of us agreed our first stop in the venue would be to get a burger, pie ect to mop up the excess booze from the night before, that was until we walked in the venue and all the food stalls were vegetarian, fucking fuming ! Great gig though, he started with "Panic"

Meat is murder at Glasto 2011 was awesome as well so I cant hold to much against his eating habits

Of course one could argue that Morrissey takes the stance he does to help animals.

George Harrison was hardly an angel, but let's not get into that discussion.

everyone makes mistakes but george in his later life was someone who really was a kind man.... Lennon on the other hand...

Yeah just ask Ringo! Who was no angel either.

Funny thing, the "best" and most respected band ever and two of them loved slapping the missus about.

No evidence that george ever did that, John lennon did. George slept with Ringo's missus tho and then Eric clapton slept with George's and eventually married her. Strange!

everyone makes mistakes but george in his later life was someone who really was a kind man.... Lennon on the other hand...

No evidence that george ever did that, John lennon did. George slept with Ringo's missus tho and then Eric clapton slept with George's and eventually married her. Strange!

Morrisey is still a prick though. Lets not forget that.

The point about the highest milk yield is also true, why would that have any effect on the cows being 'happy'? All it means is they're over worked.

I think you're probably wrong on that. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I work on a University Campus that contains both a Dairy Farm and a Veterinary School and so this kind of stuff pops up in conversation from time to time.

Basically, the people who work at our Dairy would definitely argue that high milk yields indicates happy + healthy cattle and is nothing to do with being over-worked - without boring people with the details, the system we have on campus allows cows to effectively choose when they get milked rather than the traditional method of getting called in twice a day, and I suspect that worthy farm does something similar as from what I've been told working to the cows schedule (for lack of a better way of putting it, emptying them when they feel full) noticeably increases milk yields.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hull has an arena? I don't think I'll ever travel or pay over £30 to see Moz again.

You weren't a fan then? I would but starting price of £60+ is bloody heavy. That said, if I was ever going to go it'd be to this intimate tour. I did see him at Glasto in 2011 and it was superb!

You weren't a fan then? I would but starting price of £60+ is bloody heavy. That said, if I was ever going to go it'd be to this intimate tour. I did see him at Glasto in 2011 and it was superb!

Used to be the most massive fan of him, but I don't like the way he's gone since the new album. Stropping off stage with little respect for fans, that shiiiiiiiiiiiit 25:Live film, album being awful, slagging off people that don't deserve slagging off.

Used to be the most massive fan of him, but I don't like the way he's gone since the new album. Stropping off stage with little respect for fans, that shiiiiiiiiiiiit 25:Live film, album being awful, slagging off people that don't deserve slagging off.

I'm tempted to go, I doubt he'll do Glasto again anytime soon and as much as I'm confident I'll get them there is always a chance I'll fail with tickets anyway. He won't play anywhere else I'd go so it's not even probably worth it. reckon I may reluctantly pick up a couple at the cheaper seating price being as it's only 5k capacity and then just turn for for Mozza if the support is dull. It's not exactly a jump around gig anyway and at £74 it's not happening.