Seems a bit, erm, quiet in here

Guest sifi

So I've been busy working for the dark-side the last five months or so, and only occassionally dropped in here, but it occurs to me that it's gone from being fairly vibrant just after Christmas to having slightly less life in the old dog then, erm, my dog that passed away in 2000. I know it's festie season, but I don't think I've ever seen a three day old thread on the front page. And of the threads I've perused, there seems to be only a few old grizzly regulars and hardly any fresh meat. So where everyone go? What's happened here? It's like coming back to your old hometown to find it's been ravaged by some terrible disease and there are only a few old faces lobotomised and dribbling into their pints.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking the exact same thing for a while now. If anything I personally am here a little bit more again these days (it died down for a while when I started new job but now I come here via my ipod most of the time) but have noticed there isn't really much for me to reply to and not many new threads being started.

Perhaps people really did "get bored and wandered off..."

I have been thinking the exact same thing for a while now. If anything I personally am here a little bit more again these days (it died down for a while when I started new job but now I come here via my ipod most of the time) but have noticed there isn't really much for me to reply to and not many new threads being started.

Perhaps people really did "get bored and wandered off..."

Edited by sifi

Has been getting rather quiet in the old discussions area.

Maybe it needs a re-launch laugh.gif

Or maybe the link to the discussions board should be higher up the messageboard homepage to attract the people just browsing the festival boards.

Edited by Alcatraz

Maybe it's just discussions, this is the only sub forum I use now. Worm hasn't been around/is banned? Football season is over. Facebook is around.

I don't know though, Facebook and forums provide me two distinctly difference services. This isn't the only place I tall about various topics but I don't leave when they're not getting talked about. I don't think any perticularly person starts all the threads. It's just been getting quieter.

I've really noticed it these last few weeks. In the summertime it used to be you only noticed the threads slow down the actual weekend of one of the big festivals (or smaller ones people on here frequent in numbers, bear theory, beautiful days etc.)

Who knows, it is kind of weird to see so little activity in here.