The Streets

Guest lac999

His first two albums are maybe the best but I think the others have some great stuff on them.

Prangin out, Hardest way to make and easy living, never went to church, everything is borrowed, on the flip of a coin, on the edge of a cliff, Strongest person I know, the Escapist, Outside Inside, Roof of your car, OMG, lock the locks

Agree with Badlands, the piano on empty cans is unbelievable good, best track he's done!

I love his new album, OMG soldiers, lock the locks, blip on a screen etc. Etc. Brilliant album, I couldn't care who I see at glasto aslong as I see mr skinner for the first and last time! I have no idea how I've never been to see him before.

Some of the videos from his tour he has just done look amazing! A grand don't come for free is my favourite ever album, just beating "the stone roses - stone roses"

Music will be a poorer place without him, absolute legend

yeah, new album has got some of his best stuff (Lock the locks is f**king amazing) but also some of his worst (Blip on a screen).

But that's neither here nor there, what I love about him more than anything else is that he hasn't just repeated the debut album 5 times. He;s grown, he's progressed, he's developed. Like we all have since OPM was released 10 years ago. Hasn't always worked, but fair f**king play to him for trying and not just rehashing the same ideas of the first album like so many bands do.

Sunday night, the streets in JP tent is going to be f**king brilliant. I'm considering abandoning all reason and venturing closer to the front. There's no other band I'd do that for, I don't think.

Edited by Mardy

Saddest thing is they are calling it a day after the festival season :(

Some many of their songs remind me of my miss spent years! you can relate to them Blinded by the nights reminds me of sat nights spent in Bagleys :) and The Streets - Original Pirate Material aso takes me back to my weed smoking days! SI Nova mate had one of those.... I feel 17 again :)

Aww Love the Streets will always have a special place in my heart

I love the first two albums and the latest. I've not really listened much to The Hardest Way To Make An easy Living and Everything Is Borrowed but I'm gonna make the effort to give them both a good listen soon.

The first two albums are a work of genius. Most would rate Original Pirate Material as their best work but I just love A Grand Don't Come For Free, it's probably in my top five albums of all time.

I quite enjoy the new album as well, the songs with Rob harvey are fantastic.

new album is amazing. probably the best. it is if you take off the rose tinted specs. original pirate material is amazing but i think it just gets edged.

beyonce swayed my into buying a ticket. and i've seen the streets about 6 times now. but i'm tempted to go for one last time :)

My son and I are both very tempted to check out the streets this year. I've chosen other options in the past and this might be the last chance I get and OPM was the first record that actually sounded like a view of working class britain that wasn't brain dead in a LONG time. The follow up had some great moments (blinded by the lights is probably one of the best songs ever written for the combination of lyric and rising bad pill mish mash twistedness) but I sort of lost them after that, personally.

Call me out of touch with reality but The Streets basically passed me by until earlier when I realised they have some pretty good tunes & I may well end up getting down that way on the Sunday.

BUT, I only know (well) Fit but you know it (from some FIFA days ) & Dry your eyes.

Aside from these, can folk recommend me 8-12 songs that are his finest & most likely to be played.

Thanks! :)

Can't wait for The Streets!

Does anybody know if Rob Harvey will be playing with The Streets?

Also, if Rob Harvey is playing, what are the chances of The Music playing one of the guest slots at The Park?? The Music are doing thier last ever shows soon before they split up.

My ticket arived today!! Roll on 3 weeks!!!

Can't wait for The Streets!

Does anybody know if Rob Harvey will be playing with The Streets?

Also, if Rob Harvey is playing, what are the chances of The Music playing one of the guest slots at The Park?? The Music are doing thier last ever shows soon before they split up.

My ticket arived today!! Roll on 3 weeks!!!

• 2 weeks later...