Third Other Stage Headliner

Guest blackcockerel

Each to his own, but they are one of the best live acts I've even seen. Even though I can see that they only have one big 'hit' (that average b-side that was used in Trainspotting and became their 'best' song for people who never bothered to check out anything else they did) they have quite a few anthems, particularly to people of a certain age: Dark Train (also in Trainspotting), Rez/Cowgirl (featured on a million 90s dance compilations)

Orbital also only have one 'hit' single and their tracks go on for ages (it's called 'progressive'), that never seemed to bother anyone.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think that they should work hard to get Pulp or Libertines.

I have a lot of 'anti-Glasto' friends who keep harping on about how **** the festival will be this year. I know as well as the rest of you that the three names in CAPITAL LETTERS at the top of the flyer doesn't make/break Glastonbury, but I do hope for the reputation of the festival that it gets a strong 'cooler' set of alternatives for the Other Stage.

Primal Scream, Chems and Pulp/Libertines... that for me is perfect and would mean I spend a lot of time at the Other Stage this year :P

Based on the shit booked this year it wouldn't surprise me if we had Beady Eye headlining with Tinie Tempah on before or something as retarded as that.

On the topic of Underworld, I really really hope not... saw them at Rock en Seine last year and they were by far one of the most boring acts I have ever seen. The lead singer looks like a grade 1 idiot prancing round on the stage like he has Freddy Mercury stature and their songs go on far too long (especially considering they only have 1 song people come to see)

I have a lot of 'anti-Glasto' friends who keep harping on about how **** the festival will be this year. I know as well as the rest of you that the three names in CAPITAL LETTERS at the top of the flyer doesn't make/break Glastonbury, but I do hope for the reputation of the festival that it gets a strong 'cooler' set of alternatives for the Other Stage.

Primal Scream, Chems and Pulp/Libertines... that for me is perfect and would mean I spend a lot of time at the Other Stage this year :P

I saw them at Primavera the month before so Flaming Lips still edged it for me.

But it was great. The bit at the end of Building a Wall when what you thought were the screens collapse in union with the on screen visual and they go into Go West is probably the greatest bit of stagemanship I have ever seen

Pulp. It's got to be Pulp. Oh pleeeaaase let it be Pulp. I'd like to be interested in at least 1 headline act this year. Don't get me wrong, the ones announced are all good bookings, just not my thing.

Out of interest why are people so incessant on Pulp headlining Other? I love them and I'm praying for them to play, and it looks like they will, but I'd much rather see them sub Pyramid.

Out of interest why are people so incessant on Pulp headlining Other? I love them and I'm praying for them to play, and it looks like they will, but I'd much rather see them sub Pyramid.

Edited by sisterofmercy

I was just asking because surely Pulp have more of a connection with Pyramid? Arguably one of the most iconic images of all time of Glasto is Jarvis in '95 on the Pyramid in the black suit pointing out at the sea of people. I think more people adds to a better atmosphere and bigger singalongs. Maybe I'm just trying to recreate '95.

Guest blackcockerel

I'd rather Pulp headline the Other because they'd get a longer set, I want as many songs as possible that we can get from them, because you can bet they won't be back together for long. And for many people like me, having another act on after them at Glasto just seems really wrong.

Another reason I think and hope they will is that they're either headlining or playing second to last at so many other festivals this summer, (just like Primal Scream) it seems inevitable. Underworld just doesn't seem as fitting or likely.

See I hope this doesnt happen, Glastonbury is already seen as the 'Cool' thing to do, by putting on less mainstream acts it might stop that growing population of festival goers who go merely to say they've been and spend the whole time whinging or on Facebook at the chill and charge tent...

(Sorry for sounding a nob, :P )

Pulp and the strokes seems very likely,unless they do an exclusive for leeds and reading,but then again melvin benn is involved with both fests and wouldnt stop them being at both,ide hope not anyway.

morrissey seems feasable with date so close to glasto over here.even if not headliner.

also,im just hoping it happens,but:

Roger Waters,Sunday June 26th,nothing booked!,and playing switzerland on day before,and birmingham day on the monday. Wouldnt even need to be headliner,just to hear great songs live,pyramid mid day slot would do nicely!.

Lou reed and iggy and stooges probably even more likely to happen,both recently played glasto and seemed to do well and enjoy it last time they appeared.

I think Robert Plant could well do a solo set.

I want a nice little group of the great bands and legends to be there in some way or another appearing live.

Tbh,just knowing BB king is there is very exciting for me,just as was seeing stevie wonder and parliament/george clinton last year.

Pulp and the strokes seems very likely,unless they do an exclusive for leeds and reading,but then again melvin benn is involved with both fests and wouldnt stop them being at both,ide hope not anyway.

morrissey seems feasable with date so close to glasto over here.even if not headliner.

also,im just hoping it happens,but:

Roger Waters,Sunday June 26th,nothing booked!,and playing switzerland on day before,and birmingham day on the monday. Wouldnt even need to be headliner,just to hear great songs live,pyramid mid day slot would do nicely!.

Lou reed and iggy and stooges probably even more likely to happen,both recently played glasto and seemed to do well and enjoy it last time they appeared.

I think Robert Plant could well do a solo set.

I want a nice little group of the great bands and legends to be there in some way or another appearing live.

Tbh,just knowing BB king is there is very exciting for me,just as was seeing stevie wonder and parliament/george clinton last year.