Third Other Stage Headliner

Guest blackcockerel

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pulp aren't headlining The Pyramid I think I'd rather see them mid-late afternoon - in a Specials/Madness type slot. (Was that the sunset slot or the one before? I'm thinking of the one before that anyway - about 4ish)

Jarvis has quite an intimate style, and likes to ramble a bit between tracks. This style may actually struggle with the way the main stages pack out at headline time now. I can remember struggling to hear him before, but now, I think the type of crowd you'd get at headline/sub time on either of the main stages would just start talking amongst themselves, and it would end up feeling a bit shit. It could really work on an afternoon set though.

It also takes away the comparisons with their performances from the past, and with Blur, and just allows them to come and play and enjoy it, and for us to enjoy it as it is now, rather than trying to enjoy it how we remember it. They would pull a large crowd for an earlier time of day and that would have a good feeling in itself.

Also - I already have clashmania going on around the headliners and I don't need it added to!

If Pulp aren't headlining The Pyramid I think I'd rather see them mid-late afternoon - in a Specials/Madness type slot. (Was that the sunset slot or the one before? I'm thinking of the one before that anyway - about 4ish)

I'd rather Pulp headline the Other because they'd get a longer set, I want as many songs as possible that we can get from them, because you can bet they won't be back together for long. And for many people like me, having another act on after them at Glasto just seems really wrong.

Another reason I think and hope they will is that they're either headlining or playing second to last at so many other festivals this summer, (just like Primal Scream) it seems inevitable. Underworld just doesn't seem as fitting or likely.

DEFINITELY NOT THE LIBERTINES! :(

In an email sent out on Carlos Barat's mailing list confirms that they wont be doing any live shows this year (and probably next year too)

it said:

'Dear all,

Just to quell any speculation there will not be any Libertines shows this summer. As perfect as last year was, Peter and I have not written anything new together at this point. We are all busy doing very different things separately. Truly moving as it was to play Reading, Leeds and the Forum it would not be right to do this every year without new material as I'm sure most would agree. You never know though, some day I hope we'll write the next album... '

Personally think it will be Pulp now. Who's favorite for sunday headliner now then?

See I hope this doesnt happen, Glastonbury is already seen as the 'Cool' thing to do, by putting on less mainstream acts it might stop that growing population of festival goers who go merely to say they've been and spend the whole time whinging or on Facebook at the chill and charge tent...

(Sorry for sounding a nob, :P )

Get in! It's got to be Pulp!

it's possible, but perhaps not as likely as you're thinking.

If Pulp are actually playing, then it's very likely they've been booked for a while and that they've been booked with a particular slot in mind.

Given that we know that Glasto's plans were to have the Libs headlining the Other on Sunday night, then Pulp will have been booked for another different slot - presumably one that is to the liking of both Pulp and Glasto.

It doesn't necessarily follow that Pulp &/or Glasto would want to move Pulp into a different slot. There's reasons on both sides why they wouldn't. It's certainly the case that the value to Pulp of playing Glastonbury would come via the TV promotion that a Pyramid slot would give them, which an Other Stage slot wouldn't give them to the same extent.

Guest blackcockerel

This is true Neil, but Beyonce has become a headliner when you suspect she was originally playing below Coldplay on the Saturday. Plus, I'm not sure Pulp would be bothered about TV coverage, would they? Anyway, if it's not the case then high up on the Pyramid is better than nothing.

It doesn't necessarily follow that Pulp &/or Glasto would want to move Pulp into a different slot. There's reasons on both sides why they wouldn't. It's certainly the case that the value to Pulp of playing Glastonbury would come via the TV promotion that a Pyramid slot would give them, which an Other Stage slot wouldn't give them to the same extent.