Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a fairly solid suggestion that The Libertines would headline The Other Stage on the Sunday? If so, it could be Pulp under Beyonce (put like that, it sounds quite good for Jarvis!) on The Pyramid and then the mother of all crushes while the entire field tries to get to get round to The Other for The Libs. This would NOT be good booking. So I guess Pulp could play under U2 and someone very bland could play before Beyonce, so as not to have a huge crowd movement - I guess Leona Lewis might be suitable. Or Westlife - they've sold loads of records, you know!

if pulp are on the other stage its gonna be a HUUGE crowd.

everyone we go with would choose pulp over any of them.

Whilst this pyramid top 3 looks poor, if you think the other stage is now likely to be TBC / Chemical Brothers / Pulp that is looking really strong.

who else could headline other?

Wasn't there a fairly solid suggestion that The Libertines would headline The Other Stage on the Sunday? If so, it could be Pulp under Beyonce (put like that, it sounds quite good for Jarvis!) on The Pyramid and then the mother of all crushes while the entire field tries to get to get round to The Other for The Libs. This would NOT be good booking.

I personally find the whole "big enough" chat absolute nonsense tbh.

So you reject the only empirical measure - quite condescendingly I might add.

And you make it subjective. Which I'm afraid leaves the only response as "in your opinion". After all, U2 and Coldplay are pardigms of interest. "In my opinion" if interestingness was the measure of how we picked Pyramid headliners Yo La Tengo, Emeralds and Menomena would be headlining to a field of 200 people

It all comes down to personal taste, and is therefore totally subjective. I won't be watching Beyonce, but the people I'm going with will be. On Friday I'll be watching U2 and they probably won't.

Beyonce isn't for me and I'm indifferent to Coldplay, i also think Bono is a moron, but I think the bookers have made three good solid bookings.

I think all 3 are worthy of headlining, it's just none of them interest me in the slightest. The Other stage headliners are shaping up nicely, I'm sure there'll be at least one I want to see and on the other nights it's a great excuse to go to West Holts on the way to Shangri La. I've been 5 times and have only seen 3 Pyramid headliners in all those years so it's not really a big deal that I'm not overly enamoured with the 3 who've been chosen

Hmmmm, not the most exciting for me personally, but can see the merits of all.

Think that Beyonce would be best suited to a lower slot, but I'll just be somewhere else I reckon.

Dependent on what comes about might be spending a lot of time in the evenings at The Park/John Peel, which I've always had to sacrifice acts on past few years as really wanted to see people on The Other or Pyramid, whereas could catch the "smaller" acts again.

Edited by 1mills

I've seen Beyonce live before and she was good for about an hour of a two and a half hour set the rest of the time I was quite bored. It'll be interesting to see if she can pull of a headline set but I think she knows how important Glastonbury can be for you as since Jay-Z headlined his stature in the UK has rocketed.

I don't think anyone can claim she isn't big enough to headline. She's been one of the biggest pop artists for the past 10 years or so and is definately big enough. Whether or not she can pull it off is another question. . .