Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

I like Scala except that it's too much of a pain to get a drink, Underworld is probably my favourite venue because it's the one I have been to the most.

Underworld - Sticky floors, horrendous toilets, permanent odour of b.o., urine and stale beer. I fucking love it. Proper gig venue.

• Upvote 1

I do like the atmosphere at the Garage, for some strange reason I've never made it to Koko.

Me to, nice and small but the bar is still great, it's easy to be in the crowd and go to the bar :P

And yes Brixton is great, think it has a strong argument for best. It's at that size, where it feels like a "big gig" without feeling like your miles from the stage.

I'm off to The Fratellis at Shepard's Bush on sunday! (I've grown out of love with this venue in the last couple of years :()

Edited by LondonTom

Wristband bollocks has happened at the last two or three gigs I have been to.

It seriously held up entry to Wembley for The Wall (not really helped by the traditional laidbackness ;) of the people doing the wristbanding).

Same with Happy Mondays this week (in a really tiny venue).

I think it may have something to do with having to go outside for a smoke these days.

Wristbands are for standing only so they can easily spot seating people trying to get on the floor. Apparently.

Yup, Queens were amazing. I thought they'd be good, but I didn't think that good. That's the best ive ever seen them. Josh was obviously loving it too.

Great setlist too. Better Living Through Chemistry was huge!!

They played it at glasto 11 also. Highlight of that set there too.

Would have liked one track from QOTSA, instead of wit chu (not a big fan of that track). But can't fault it really.

Misfit Love is about the only song off Era Vulgaris I'd actively want to see live, was certainly excellent last night. Something off the self-titled would have been nice, and maybe one of the mellower ones off SFTD, but it was still stunning.

Yeah Queens was fucking great, I didn't have a problem with wistbands and it's better than it use to be as they would take your tix away from you completely and give a wristband, then you'll have to find a steward after the show to get the tix back for a momento.

They had this gorgeous poster I wanted and decided to wait til after the show to get it incased in got bent in the crowd but I went to the merch stand and it was sold out.

Yeah Queens was fucking great, I didn't have a problem with wistbands and it's better than it use to be as they would take your tix away from you completely and give a wristband, then you'll have to find a steward after the show to get the tix back for a momento.

They had this gorgeous poster I wanted and decided to wait til after the show to get it incased in got bent in the crowd but I went to the merch stand and it was sold out.

Is that the one with the woman on the bike? No lie, I actually bought the last one

Is that the one with the woman on the bike? No lie, I actually bought the last one

That was the one you lucky fucking bastard! I found the company that made it, Jacknife and they are charging £33 for it with shipping, I can't decided if it's worth it or not.

Edited by jump

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Chas 'n'' Dave. I was lucky enough to catch them twice in a tiny pub just down the road from me and in a massive tent at Glastonbury within the space of a couple of years..

Ain't No Pleasin' You is a masterpiece.

With added Gertcha and Rabbit.

Editted to add that they were both umpteen sheets to wind when playing at said pub.

Edited by MrZigster

Yeah Chas 'n'' Dave. I was lucky enough to catch them twice in a tiny pub just down the road from me and in a massive tent at Glastonbury within the space of a couple of years..

Ain't No Pleasin' You is a masterpiece.

With added Gertcha and Rabbit.

Editted to add that they were both umpteen sheets to wind when playing at said pub.

Excellent.. Wanted to catch them for years, they'll probably do Glastonbury again next year..

Agreed, Ain't No Pleasing You is beautiful

Edited by Osama Jim Laden
  • Upvote 1