Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To true.

sorry your not going. Weather shmether. It will not be that bad. No- it isn't going to be a wall to wall speedo fest but after last years arrest I was hoping this year would be a little cooler. I tried to tell him it was only a potato. It wasn't until I sat down that i realised I'd put it in the back! Poor Potato wasn't even wearing a jacket.

The BBC forecast is definitely looking better than it was this morning. No doubt it will change several more times over the next couple of days but it isn't going to be a wash-out. The weather last year was a one-off. Seriously, how often is it in this country you go for five whole days with absolutely no rain? Especially down here in the West Country! 2007 was awful with rain from start to finish, but I still went back so it couldn't have been that bad! This year's weather is going to be nowhere near as bad as it was then, as things stand at the moment. One, possibly two days with some light rain, rather than five days of persistent heavy rain...

Thanks Ploppy ;-) I've seen some pics from the site from Saturday, and there is some mud about, but we all know it dries quick if it isn't churned up by feet. So by Wednesday it'll be a lot better. The site handles showers well these days, and there is very little chance of anything heavy and persistent. So you'll all have a blast. I'll be back in 2013, and I confidently predict that will be another scorcher. :)

Don't forget folks - you've got a ticket to the best party on the planet. A few showers can't spoil that. B)

At least if the sun isn't blazing into our tent at 4am we may be able to get a bit of shut eye.

Never worn wellies at Glasto. Had 3 years of sunshine in our 3 trips there in the early nineties. So rain will be a novelty. Not that it will rain, of course.

We're coming to the party and will have a ball.

to be honest, as long as it isn't pissing down and blowing a gale by 10am on weds when i hope to be setting up the 5 tents i gotta erect, then the weather can do what the hell it likes after that!!

I'll be at glasto, beer in hand taking it all in for another year!!! :D

Although, friday all day in the sun at 20degrees (according to bbc earlier) will be bloody great!

Must say, I am worried about rain and things as I was at Leeds in 2008 I think when it was pretty horrific it wasn't very nice that's for sure. To me I get the impression its going to be very average, nothing really hot but nothing really wet either. Im hoping nothing gets too messy on site but as I've never been before so it's hard for me to say, but we can only wait n see!

I want to love these people, but what a bunch of tw*ts they turned out to be. Are these the sort of cu*ts I~ want to be hanging out with? It will be OK, deep breaths, deep breaths. Anybody claiming to represent Glastonbury on-line is in no way representative of Glastonbury.

I want to love these people, but what a bunch of tw*ts they turned out to be. Are these the sort of cu*ts I~ want to be hanging out with? It will be OK, deep breaths, deep breaths. Anybody claiming to represent Glastonbury on-line is in no way representative of Glastonbury.

Edited by LondonTom