2nd Glastonbury World Cup

Guest hogga

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sorry that we didn't get there - I'd like to make up some really important excuse but that would be a lie - as it happened, hubby had just arrived so I was sweltering at Gate D waiting for him to get through so he knew where we were camped. Sounds like you all had a fantastic time and raised a great amount for a worthy cause!

I hope that everyone who took the time to come and watch the match enjoyed themselves. :)

According to what hogga's told me, WaterAid have told him that the total raised was in excess of £9,000. :D

That's a superb effort by everyone with their donations, and of course all only possible thanks to the efforts of hogga and his many helpers & players - I can't say 'thank you' enough to everyone involved, including those who came to watch the match.

After having the worst festival in ten years of going to glasto I can honestly say that i thought it was going to be one of the best after watching the match and the bands, the atmosphere was excellent and the craic was mighty!

The match was great even if the ROTW got beat :P, Junkyard dogs were brilliant!! and great fun, Supernova started of brilliantly and was expecting another great performance, pity about the sound from speakers.

I can now say "I Played at Glasto" ok, it was a spoon and a dish but I still played at Glasto :), I gave the washboard player one of my Glasto world cup badges and he pinned it straight on.

You guys/girls should be so proud of yourselves that is an amazing amount of money to raise and I will donate next year again even though I may not attend Glasto due to my expierences this year.

My daugter took plenty of pictures of the match and some video, only just home an hour ago so once I get a much needed shower I'll sort through them and post them up here.

Thanks for a great couple of hours!

P.S. I was sitting very close to the guy filming from The Community Channel whilst Junkyard Dogs were playing, we are on camera quite a bit, I dont get that channel in NI so if anyone knows how to get the footage, it would be most appreciated!

After having the worst festival in ten years of going to glasto I can honestly say that i thought it was going to be one of the best after watching the match and the bands, the atmosphere was excellent and the craic was mighty!

The match was great even if the ROTW got beat :P, Junkyard dogs were brilliant!! and great fun, Supernova started of brilliantly and was expecting another great performance, pity about the sound from speakers.

I can now say "I Played at Glasto" ok, it was a spoon and a dish but I still played at Glasto :), I gave the washboard player one of my Glasto world cup badges and he pinned it straight on.

You guys/girls should be so proud of yourselves that is an amazing amount of money to raise and I will donate next year again even though I may not attend Glasto due to my expierences this year.

My daugter took plenty of pictures of the match and some video, only just home an hour ago so once I get a much needed shower I'll sort through them and post them up here.

Thanks for a great couple of hours!

P.S. I was sitting very close to the guy filming from The Community Channel whilst Junkyard Dogs were playing, we are on camera quite a bit, I dont get that channel in NI so if anyone knows how to get the footage, it would be most appreciated!

I had a bloody good time watching that. Here are some photos as requested:

37444_443623800015_591785015_6364598_6106014_n.jpg

37444_443623805015_591785015_6364599_792261_n.jpg

37444_443623820015_591785015_6364602_380846_n.jpg

Thanks to Hogga and Chaz for such a top event. Awesome fun!

What's all this crap about disallowed goals? I scored a perfectly good goal for England in the last minute and that was also disallowed. Fair victory for England I reckon.

Anyway, after going to ground after a tackle my hand started hurting. Within about 30 minutes of the game ending, my middle and ring fingers were swollen and were agony all weekend. Got home yesterday and went to A&E, turns out I've got a broken knuckle and sprained ligaments! possibly 6 months to heal!

Bugger.

Great fun though guys and nice to meet you all. Great amount of cash raised too.

Anyway, after going to ground after a tackle my hand started hurting. Within about 30 minutes of the game ending, my middle and ring fingers were swollen and were agony all weekend. Got home yesterday and went to A&E, turns out I've got a broken knuckle and sprained ligaments! possibly 6 months to heal!

Bugger.

Great fun though guys and nice to meet you all. Great amount of cash raised too.

Glad you enjoyed it but another injury after Party Animals last year makes me think it is time to seriously think about calling an end to this. We've had two fantastic years and some brilliant moments and memories but it's not worth ruining people festival over. I hope you recover quicker than 6 months mate.

vespa - thanks for putting the photos up.

thank you again to hogga and chaz for organising the world cup, i had a fantastic timeas did all the guys i was there with.

for people who dont know who i am i was the one who was bing called heskey in disguise untill i silenced my critics with a headed goal :rolleyes: unlike heskey :P

if this was to be organised again it would be a pleasure to play once more. we were all told at the start of the match about staying on your feet and the rules and that it was all for a bit of fun and charity but i was also to wiped out by a sliding tackle which i was lucky enough not to become injured from. having saying that wouldnt of changed anything from the game whatsoever thought the row put up a much better fight than last year but lost to a better england team :P

hogga and chaz you are 2 fantastic guys giving up a lot of your personal time and glastonbury time to do this for charity and raise a lot of serious cash over the last 2 years. i would like to thank you once again for everything and already counting days to next years glastonbury and will see you 2 guys at the world cup or the ciderbus!! :D:D:D