2nd Glastonbury World Cup

Guest hogga

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Glasto World cup was one of my absolute highlights!

There was a huge audience, the bands were great, everyone had an amazing time and RoW were robbed horribly by a biased ref... all in all lots of drama, lots of fun and lots of money raised!

Hogga and Chaz, thankyou for putting so much time and effort into organising this.

Maybe we should all chip in to help out next years game. Who's up for that? I'm in :)

I thank you both for the offer of help next year and it would be appreciated :)

Like I said earlier though I'm not sure if I can make it next year but if I can or Chaz wants to do it on his own I have an idea that could be less time consuming. I'll be having a word with him in the next few days.

Edited by hogga

I thank you both for the offer of help next year and it would be appreciated :)

Like I said earlier though I'm not sure if I can make it next year but if I can or Chaz wants to do it on his own I have an idea that could be less time consuming. I'll be having a word with him in the next few days.

Thanks for all the effort that you put in hogga, Chazeboy and everyone else, it was a brilliant afternoon - sweated buckets but it was fantastic. Any help you need to put it on next year, just let me know and I'd be happy to volunteer!

Edited by Drinky

Yeah, well done to all. Was a laugh :) Brilliant on the 9k too!

Match wizzed by! Amazingly the heat didn't kill me then, yet I managed to get heatstroke on the Saturday...yeeaaaah.

Cheers for arranging.

At least one England won...

Had an absolutely amazing time. Was great meeting eveyone and the banter was amazing. I think England had about three players that won the game for them but It was a good match, although at times reminded me of Primary football with everyone running after the ball and everyone going up front.:lol:

Definately a great effort by all involved and in the end the score didn't matter, it was all about raising money for a great cause and evryone involved should feel very proud.

Thanks for all the effort that you put in hogga, Chazeboy and everyone else, it was a brilliant afternoon - sweated buckets but it was fantastic. Any help you need to put it on next year, just let me know and I'd be happy to volunteer!

Edited by hogga

I had a fantastic time, and finally played this year after bottling out last time! Was great meeting everyone.

Thanks Chaz and Hogga for all the effort you went to get it organised...and as others have said it was all about raising money for a great cause!

MY DEFENCE - BY THE REFEREE

I have read the previous four pages of posts, much of which seem to question my integrity. I am offended. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1. The only bribe I received was after the game by a lovely Scottish (ie ROW) lady in a white envelope containing vouchers for the Brothers bar. Thank you very much. However I gave one of the pints to my 15 year old son and it was his first experience of festival strength strawberry and he was giddy for the rest of the night.

2. The goal scored by Stuster (no relation) was legal. I had previously advised both keepers that goal kicks should be taken from the ground as they were just dropkicking them and I felt this was not helping the game. The ball had not gone out of play and when sco55ie put the ball on the ground, Stuster had every right to play the ball. The ROW captain (The Nal) accepted the goal was correctly given. I feel it was less a mistake than the foot of the son of god.

3. Whilst accepting I made numerous mistakes I can assure all concerned these were in no way connected to the country of my birth. I love the ROW, especially my wife who is from there.

4. The fact that every time I gave a decision against England, large sections of the crowd started chants of "The referees a w*nker", had no bearing on any future decisions.

5. Allowances should be made for the figure hugging, nipple showing referees shirt I was given to wear. This led to crowd unrest and pisstaking before I had even started to make bad decisions.

6. I now realise that every Saturday when I hurl abuse at Wiley, Halsey, Clattenburg et al then maybe they thought they were right and that it did come off the defender for a corner.

I hope that everybody had as much fun as I did and would like to reiterate how good a job all the organisers did, especially the one who organised the topless streak :P:P .

In the words of Sepp Blatter "I apologise for the mistakes" and maybe you can open the debate of goal-line technology because if a professional ref and assistant can't see whether a ball has gone in the net what chance as a fat bastard from Manchester got.

Edited by stutheblue

MY DEFENCE - BY THE REFEREE

I have read the previous four pages of posts, much of which seem to question my integrity. I am offended. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1. The only bribe I received was after the game by a lovely Scottish (ie ROW) lady in a white envelope containing vouchers for the Brothers bar. Thank you very much. However I gave one of the pints to my 15 year old son and it was his first experience of festival strength strawberry and he was giddy for the rest of the night.

2. The goal scored by Stuster (no relation) was legal. I had previously advised both keepers that goal kicks should be taken from the ground as they were just dropkicking them and I felt this was not helping the game. The ball had not gone out of play and when sco55ie put the ball on the ground, Stuster had every right to play the ball. The ROW captain (The Nal) accepted the goal was correctly given. I feel it was less a mistake than the foot of the son of god.

3. Whilst accepting I made numerous mistakes I can assure all concerned these were in no way connected to the country of my birth. I love the ROW, especially my wife who is from there.

4. The fact that every time I gave a decision against England, large sections of the crowd started chants of "The referees a w*nker", had no bearing on any future decisions.

5. Allowances should be made for the figure hugging, nipple showing referees shirt I was given to wear. This led to crowd unrest and pisstaking before I had even started to make bad decisions.

6. I now realise that every Saturday when I hurl abuse at Wiley, Halsey, Clattenburg et al then maybe they thought they were right and that it did come off the defender for a corner.

I hope that everybody had as much fun as I did and would like to reiterate how good a job all the organisers did, especially the one who organised the topless streak :P:P .

In the words of Sepp Blatter "I apologise for the mistakes" and maybe you can open the debate of goal-line technology because if a professional ref and assistant can't see whether a ball has gone in the net what chance as a fat bastard from Manchester got.

Hey guys had a great time at the world cup!

Me and my group of lads were leading the general chanting and well mannered heckling. We started the jesus singing and me and my pal persuaded Fabio to bring him back on,what a great move fabs! Such a great atmosphere everyone havig a great time, and 'Englands number one' on form as ever. Hopefully this will go ahead next year because me and the barmy army will be more than happy to come along, heckle the ref (w*nker!) and bundle jesus!

p.s ref love you really!

=D

I'm sure those concerned will have been thanked officially by WaterAid but as I was there as a WaterAid volunteer I'd like to add my own thanks for a great event and a tremendous effort in raising £9,000.

If it helps you in the future I could probably get a set of WaterAid t-shirts for one team - presumably ROW?

I'm sure those concerned will have been thanked officially by WaterAid but as I was there as a WaterAid volunteer I'd like to add my own thanks for a great event and a tremendous effort in raising £9,000.

If it helps you in the future I could probably get a set of WaterAid t-shirts for one team - presumably ROW?