2nd Glastonbury World Cup

Guest hogga

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos, well done!!

Also a massive well done to everyone that took part and to Hogga and Chaz for organising it!

By the way a few people said they were following me on twitter but i wasnt following them - PM me your twitter names and i'll follow you back or just tweet me :)

MY DEFENCE - BY THE REFEREE

2. The goal scored by Stuster (no relation) was legal. I had previously advised both keepers that goal kicks should be taken from the ground as they were just dropkicking them and I felt this was not helping the game. The ball had not gone out of play and when sco55ie put the ball on the ground, Stuster had every right to play the ball. The ROW captain (The Nal) accepted the goal was correctly given. I feel it was less a mistake than the foot of the son of god.

Had an absolutely amazing time. Was great meeting eveyone and the banter was amazing. I think England had about three players that won the game for them but It was a good match, although at times reminded me of Primary football with everyone running after the ball and everyone going up front.:lol:

Definately a great effort by all involved and in the end the score didn't matter, it was all about raising money for a great cause and evryone involved should feel very proud.

Tolywoly you have just made my day and started a bit of brotherly arguements hahaha.

What could be done instead of football for charity? Any idea how much was donated on the day from "the crowd"

Me and our lot had a top time shouting 'Are you Hesky in disguise' at 4AssedMonkey and watching him bust his finger in the first half whilst drinking far too much cider... Here are a few photies I took.

(Oh and 4Assed's goal look a clear goal from where I was standing btw)

4AssedMonkey

047.JPG

And again

048.JPG

Once again

049.JPG

Warming up

050.JPG

Action shot

052.JPG

I had physio for my knees yesterday - apparently the football didnt help which is why i only played about 10 mins, but for me it was just the taking part the counted and knowing i was just a small part in something that was raising money for sucha great cause.

If I can help with facebook groups and spreading the word with anything again next year let me know, just not sure how involved I can be :s

Thanks to Chaze and Hogga for organising this! Was one of the highlights of my festival, a great laugh and all for a good cause. Hope it goes ahead next year, I shall try to drink slightly less before the game!

Got a great video of Nal's appalling challenge which ended my game but it jumps just as the 'tackle' was made! The 'stretcher' was actually my mates camp bed so he ended up on the floor all weekend but was worth it!

I'll get my pics and video uploaded soon but my glasto blues and having to be at work are draining my enthusiasm for pretty much everything at the moment!

That was so much fun guys. I have plenty of pics but no laptop currently.

Thanks for letting me join as a cheerleader and I do agree with Funkyfairy and Pilton that we need routines ready if doing anything next year.

A suggestion for next year though...having been to Nimbin in Oz and the Mardi Grass Festival, they hold the Hemp Olympics there. With it being Olympic year in 2012, although I know how much organisation goes into an event, could the EFestivals Olympics/Sports Day be a possibility? This way many more of us could get involved and compete and there would also then be less post game arguing over dodgy ref decisions.

Egg and Spoon races, Sack race, Welly throwing and so on? :D

I took a year off from LusciousLucy this year but she'd probably be happy to come back next year and help arrange such an event? This year gave me the peace I needed, next year is a total other ball game. :D

What do you reckon?

one of the highlights of this years festival yet again :lol: i htought we put up a great show this year ! next year i say we play in germany shirts, just the thought will have them boys in red crying :D a huge thanks yet again to all involved !!! chaz norainplease and hogga cappello! was great to play yet again ! any help i can hand out for any future ideas just let me know

p.s bring on the dublin efest meet :D

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. The only person who is keeping really quiet is Chaz. I think he must be still licking his wounds :P

I know I keep saying this but thanks everyone who was there over the last two years for making it so enjoyable, it is something I'll always remember and gives me a big grin thinking about it. I've made some brilliant friends and all this because of a drunken ten minute conversation :D

:D

ok firstly

A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO EACH AND EVRYONE OF YOU WHO DONATED TO MAKE SUCH AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF MONEY.

I am so proud to know that our silly little kick around, as been enjoyed by so many people, and even with some of you saying it was a highlight of your festival, this is (while slightly mad :)) amazing to hear, so thank you for that.

I think we can all agree for the folks who took part it was quite a special day, with all the good natured chanting etc, and because the game was so close it made it great for me watching and "managing". hopefully it was equally enjoyable for all of you that watched, we may have stretched it out too much, but this is done very off the cuff, and although it may look a slick operation (ahem :rolleyes: ) we have to be constantly changing schedules and little bits and pieces. so it more of a work in progress, live and learn type thing.

I would like to say thank you so so much to the ref, who did an absolutley sterling job, as its not a job too many people want to do, so Kudos to you for that.

I would like to say thank you to all the Bands that played, esp Hobo & JYD's for again pulling in a massive crowd for the game, they never dissapoint, and i caught them on the Avalon Stage on the Friday, and its one of my highlights of Glasto 2010.

Nal - Legend played whole game despite gammy knees, correct to make him captain.

Barton Bros, pretty imense good luck to them v fatblokes from around the world we did pretty good id say :ph34r::D

I would also like to Echo what Hogga said, if it wasnt for a drunken 10 min chat we randomly had in 2008 cider bus meet, none of this wouldnt have happened, and i have made so many new very very close friends off the back of it.

Now for the future i dont know - I think myself hogga and Norainplease have to sit down and really think what we want to do. We do realise you all enjoy this, but as the the years go on, it is eating more and more into our "real life" and "festy time", it is an honour to do, and with more of you offering help even more so, but we really must decide what to do in the future, then let you know. For me right now, just a week after the event, im very much undecided whether i want to do it again. but it is only fair we let you know, as soon as possible what we are thinking, as so many of you have also poured time and effort into this thing aswell.

Again Thank you all so so much

Chaz

P.s.

Pictures shall follow (hopefully)