2nd Glastonbury World Cup

Guest hogga

Just to let everyone know that the final fundraising tally was over £9000!

It was a huge success and to raise half again on the amount that Michael challenged us to is fantastic and it is all down to the generosity of you all and shows what can be done when a forum community gets together. Even more surprising is the fact that we are going through hard economic times and people still went and donated.

The day was fantastic and it was good to see the game a lot tighter with England winning 6-4

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who got involved this year from people like Chaz, Nicky, Neil (efestivals), players, cheerleaders, all the spectators, referee, team doctor, Englands barmy army, Neil and Lea (Pilton.com) and especially to the people who donated.

I'd also like to thank a few more thank you's. First a huge thank you again to Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs for helping make the event what it is. Without their unique style and humour I don't think we'd have had half as many spectators. Also to the other bands Wronghorn and The Supernovas (who were doing brilliantly until the festival started testing the speakers and drowned them out). I'd also finally like to thank the people who believed in the event like Worthy FM, Pat Gilbert (Q magazine), The community channel, justgivings camera crew, John the flyer guy and especially Brothers for the match win bonus!

I've tried to think of everyone but I'm really sorry if I've missed anyone but please understand I'm knackered at the moment :)

I'd also like to say a big sorry to anyone who stayed back to see Michael Eavis present the trophy. I really thought he was going to show up and I didn't mean to make people waste their time waiting for him.

I hope you all enjoyed it and have had a brilliant festival :D

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed this last year due to the traffic, so thought it might be nice to go this year, and I must say it was fantastic. One of my festival highlights in fact. Lovely weather, a load of fun, some cracking banter, a great cause and a hell of a lot of money raised. Well done Hogga and Chaz, you should be very proud.

I missed this last year due to the traffic, so thought it might be nice to go this year, and I must say it was fantastic. One of my festival highlights in fact. Lovely weather, a load of fun, some cracking banter, a great cause and a hell of a lot of money raised. Well done Hogga and Chaz, you should be very proud.

Because effectively we were robbed, a perfectly good goal disallowed and a travesty of refereeing which resulted in awarding a goal which never should have been allowed resulted in Englan getting that win - it should have been a draw. In fact if you include the goal scored whilst the goialies were changing gloves - England lost this one too.

Because effectively we were robbed, a perfectly good goal disallowed and a travesty of refereeing which resulted in awarding a goal which never should have been allowed resulted in Englan getting that win - it should have been a draw. In fact if you include the goal scored whilst the goialies were changing gloves - England lost this one too.

The goal was probably disallowed due to being about 2 meters wide! I had the perfect view from where I was, also had a perfect view of the goal we scored that I assume your complaining about, as I scored it! Nothing wrong with the decision, just some really bad keeping! For those that weren't there (or didn't see it) a long pass\cross got caught by the keeper who then decided to toss the ball on the floor to do a goal kick style boot, as the ball never went out of play I thought I'd have some of that and tapped it in!

I'm the one they call Jesus by the way, no idea why they decided to support me but I did enjoy the chants! Although "Jesus, Jesus, we're going to pile on you" was a bit distracting near the end! Got a bruised knee from the resulting pile on as well. The barmy army kept appearing throughout the rest of the weekend (they obviously have a great taste in music!) and starting the chants again.

Huge thanks to all those who organised it, definetly one of the highlights of the festival and for such a great cause :)

Edited by 5co77ie

I'm the one they call Jesus by the way, no idea why they decided to support me but I did enjoy the chants! Although "Jesus, Jesus, we're going to pile on you" was a bit distracting near the end! Got a bruised knee from the resulting pile on as well. The barmy army kept appearing throughout the rest of the weekend (they obviously have a great taste in music!) and starting the chants again.

Huge thanks to all those who organised it, definetly one of the highlights of the festival and for such a great cause :)

A VERY VERY well done to you Hogga and to Chazz, you both worked really hard and it was a job exceptionally well done.

Neil and I had great fun on the day. I know I speak for all the cheerleaders when I say....we really must do some sort of routine next time :ph34r:

A VERY VERY well done to you Hogga and to Chazz, you both worked really hard and it was a job exceptionally well done.

Neil and I had great fun on the day. I know I speak for all the cheerleaders when I say....we really must do some sort of routine next time :ph34r:

The goal was probably disallowed due to being about 2 meters wide! I had the perfect view from where I was, also had a perfect view of the goal we scored that I assume your complaining about, as I scored it! Nothing wrong with the decision, just some really bad keeping! For those that weren't there (or didn't see it) a long pass\cross got caught by the keeper who then decided to toss the ball on the floor to do a goal kick style boot, as the ball never went out of play I thought I'd have some of that and tapped it in!

**Round of applause**

Well done Chaz and Hogga. Amazing amount of money raised!! Was great to meet everyone, and a lot of faces from last year. Really enjoyed the match despite my knee looking like a balloon now.

Getting closer. We'll have you next year lads! :)

Edit: Nearly forgot the England cheerleaders in the corner who jumped on "Jesus" at the end. 2 hours of solid singing, chanting, taking the piss (In the nicest way possible :) ), Mexican waves et al. Kept the thing moving along, very funny.

Hope Scoobs is ok after falling off that stretcher. :lol:

Edited by The Nal