BRING BACK BROTHERS 2LT BOTTLES

Guest bianco

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the litter was shocking, but that was partly because the bins were overflowing. I dont think that people were simply chucking them away. Also, is the amount of litter an issue if it is sorted and then recycled? who is to say that doesnt happen when the litter pickers clean up.

ps. im all for the 2 litre bottle return. what would you rather carry back from the bar (especially when its crammed), a 2 litre bottle, or 4 full pints. I know which one i would rather

Edited by craiga

ahh so it was to do with plastic

rumours i heard were about people getting wayyy too drunk on the big 2l bottles

Sorry but I don't think people fully understand what power the Local authorities have /index.php?showtopic=116646&st=40&p=2752725&#entry2752725">as per my original post

Since the act was changed the Local authorities can if they wish impose no alcohol to be carried onto the whole festival site and its amazing they have not imposed this condition so far.

It does not matter if you do not see any harm in it its people who sit on a committee miles away that can change the whole structure of what we take for granted and the ban on the Brothers bottles was only the first salvo.

its bugger all to do with Carlsberg or any other sponsor.

Each year when everyone is making their way home a report is making its way to Mendip District Council which will decide what will happen in the future.

Refilling cups is often said to be "against the licensing rules" or not acceptable from an H&S or Environmental Health stylee view but it does still happen in some places and at other festivals. Ive often had my cup refilled at Glasto - but not always, sometimes it's a refusal and I get issued with a shiny new one. I have absolutely no idea what the rules actually are (or perhaps it's really guidelines rather than rules so to speak, hence the subtle differences in applying them around the country) as my only interest in bars is occasionally using their services and very much enjoying their products :P

EDIT: Just seen the official word that appeared whilst typing. Thanks Glasto-Worker, interesting read :P Have to say that I really can't personally see the difference made between buying several separate pints at the same time and buying several pints in a single container mind you but I most certainly do appreciate that it's something you or anyone else with the responsibility for running a bar doesn't have any say in and all that !

Unless you can drink responsibly( :P ) 2ltr bottles would always be a bad idea.

Although, I only have two hands so if it's 3 pints for £10 I might have to dispose of a pint pretty quickly. :P

totally agree rex, thats why I thought they were stopped

bad idea..but handy being able to walk round with a bottle of 2l goodness, rather than trudging along to the bar every 30mins

Yeah its about atmosphere, somewhere like Glastonbury where its perfectly acceptable to wake up and crack open a can to wash bad taste away? That 2ltr will be gone in no time :P

At home, nice size for a night in sitting watching comedy on TV :P

It would be handy but I can why its a bad idea, and why it wouldn't be allowed.

I don't know whether the alleged ban was down to litter, environmental policy, complaints from other establishments, simply because peeps were apparently and very blatantly not drinking responsibly (as if :P ) or legal/licensing issues in general. There seems to be several different versions of what supposedly happened but none of them are particularly official so far as I know. Either way I don't personally support any sort of ban of anything like this simply because it really shouldn't be necessary - but like I said earlier, if sufficient peeps can't/wont act reasonably and responsibly then you ultimately have to expect everyone to be treated accordingly. That's how things tend to work in real life unfortunately, everything generally has to be brought down to a level considered most appropriate for the lowest common denominator and all that by someone who *thinks* they know what's best for everyone.

But there surely can't really be anyone who genuinely can't understand the issues with litter, tons of not necessarily easily recyclable waste and attempts various to encourage responsible drinking in general can there ? It was almost inevitable that it would be stopped as soon as it started getting very silly I think. The sad thing as usual of course is that those who were sensible and responsible (as opposed to the seemingly vast majority who clearly weren't) get to 'enjoy' the ban as well of course. However, there is still absolutely nothing stopping you or anyone else having a 2l bottle to carry around if you want to. You simply need to take the responsibility yourself for making appropriate arrangements. It ain't exactly difficult is it :P If you can't be @rsed to then so be it - go without and continue complaining about the 2l bottles being banned for reason or reasons various - but sorting out your own bottle not only solves the problems but keeps everyone happy into the bargain :lol: I would suggest that there's a greater probability of winning the lottery jackpot several weeks on the trot than seeing the 2l bottles back on site any time soon despite the fact that the bottles could easily be made from materials significantly more environmentally friendly than PET or similar !

I took my own funnel last year and topped up empty bottles of strongbow once I had finished them off.

I was in bed by 7pm on the Thursday! :P

Edit: which might I add was no bad thing, as apparently this was the only time it rained over the entire festival!

Edited by winnets99

I'll be taking a couple of crates of Pear Gaymers, its already flat, refreshing and doesnt taste too bad if its slightly warm.

A bottle of Jaggermeister and a couple of bottles of cheap Red bull substitute for the traditional dinner time jagger bombs.

Im also buying me and my missus, as we get married on Saturday and Glasto is our honeymoon, some "pimp" cups with hubby and wifey on them, found a website in a moment of inspiration after Snoop was announced :P