BRING BACK BROTHERS 2LT BOTTLES

Guest bianco

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO DON'T BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another consideration was the amount of the plastic bottles that where just ending up going to landfill. Thousands of the bottles just left every morning to clear up all over the field.

GFL would be barking mad to allow it again.

Now we've just got paper cups/plates and discarded food to deal with, though at least they stamp flat.

I liked the bottles, they didn't spill, and were easier to carry and get served, but weren't legal (being 2L, not 4 pints) as I understand it. Reckon we'd still have them if more people gave a shite about the litter.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

I thought the reason for not having them was down to the Licensing Authorities and/or local Council who were disturbed by the vast numbers of drunk people crashed out or staggering around the Jazz World field surrounded by the plastic bottle debris rather than it being Carlsberg throwing their weight around.

As OP said nothing to do with Carlsberg all to do with getting the licence...

NO DON'T BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another consideration was the amount of the plastic bottles that where just ending up going to landfill. Thousands of the bottles just left every morning to clear up all over the field.

GFL would be barking mad to allow it again.

Edited by staggerlee

The easy and environmentally acceptable solution is much the same as when considering options various for dealing with the need for cider recycling at night: Simply pack an appropriate bottle - and also a funnel if needed :P

Packing List

#1: 1 - 2l Comfort Bottle ... specifically for cider recycling purposes

#2: 2l pop bottle ... specifically for cider replenishment purposes

#3: Other stuff various as required

They don't call them Comfort bottles for nothing BTW :P and needless to say that it's always best to ensure 2 *VERY* different bottles are used for each of these duties of course to avoid any potential for confusion no matter what ! Ditto for funnels if you need 'em of course - pack of several different sizes/colours for not very much at your local el-cheapo store or £shop etc.

Find that 2l is never quite enough for you ? Then may I recommend one of these:

jerry%20can.jpg

Not that I have one myself but they do kinda seem like a good idea for Pear Cider on the move and all that ... providing you have a Sherpa with you anyway :P

Edited by mikeb

The easy and environmentally acceptable solution is much the same as when considering options various for dealing with the need for cider recycling at night: Simply pack an appropriate bottle - and also a funnel if needed :P

Packing List

#1: 1 - 2l Comfort Bottle ... specifically for cider recycling purposes

#2: 2l pop bottle ... specifically for cider replenishment purposes

#3: Other stuff various as required

They don't call them Comfort bottles for nothing BTW :lol: and needless to say that it's always best to ensure 2 *VERY* different bottles are used for each of these duties of course to avoid any potential for confusion no matter what ! Ditto for funnels if you need 'em of course - pack of several different sizes/colours for not very much at your local el-cheapo store or £shop etc.

Find that 2l is never quite enough for you ? Then may I recommend one of these:

jerry%20can.jpg

Not that I have one myself but they do kinda seem like a good idea for Pear Cider on the move and all that ... providing you have a Sherpa with you anyway :P

FFS - with regards to the 2ltr bottle - was there any deaths, riots, alcohol poisoning, violence - NO

It's about some arsehole(s) having their stuck up views being imposed on people because of a their few worries

litter? get real, it's clean the next day, its a festival, not that i'm for littering but put it into context will you.

edit: bring back the 2ltr bottle by popular demand

Edited by wweerr208

FFS - with regards to the 2ltr bottle - was there any deaths, riots, alcohol poisoning, violence - NO

It's about some arsehole(s) having their stuck up views being imposed on people because of a their few worries

litter? get real, it's clean the next day, its a festival, not that i'm for littering but put it into context will you.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Edited by mikeb

Hmmmm, I couldn't quite decide whether that deserved ...

a troll.jpg or a roadsign.jpg or even a wnka.gif response

but never mind, I don't much care cos they're all very appropriate so just take your pick :P

The bottom line I think is simply that some peeps (i.e. peeps apaprently like YOU) can't/wont act reasonably and responsibly then expect to be treated like a child/moron and all that :lol:

but never mind, I don't much care cos they're all very appropriate so just take your pick :P

The bottom line I think is simply that some peeps (i.e. peeps apaprently like YOU) can't/wont act reasonably and responsibly then expect to be treated like a child/moron and all that :P

i'm not going to bite,

but for all you deluded people who want a green festival then stay at home - it better for the environment

the festival is a huge f**king carbon foot print - go and witter about banning supermarket plastic bags while buying products from all over the world

the % of litter produced is so minute it unbelievable

why not ban the the fireworks for putting heavy metals into the atmosphere

or all the inefficient light bulbs all over the site,

etc..

your just concentrating on the minor points - open your eyes

Edited by wweerr208

The bottom line I think is simply that some peeps (i.e. peeps apaprently like YOU) can't/wont act reasonably and responsibly then expect to be treated like a child/moron and all that :P