BRING BACK BROTHERS 2LT BOTTLES

Guest bianco

i'm not going to bite,

but for all you deluded people who want a green festival then stay at home - it better for the environment

the festival is a huge f**king carbon foot print - go and witter about banning supermarket plastic bags while buying products from all over the world

the % of litter produced is so minute it unbelievable

why not ban the the fireworks for putting heavy metals into the atmosphere

or all the inefficient light bulbs all over the site,

etc..

your just concentrating on the minor points - open your eyes

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from travel, is the carbon footprint of a festival goer higher or lower at a festival as compared to home?

Certainly more is recycled than there would be in the average home at the weekend. Less goes to landfill than would if they where at home. The consumption of gas and electicity and water is far less, saving local resources.

Isn't it. How does it get treated then Mr f**kwit?? Does not the increase of detergents, etc in water increase the chemical oxygen demand of the water? How does that get treated at the water recycling plants Mr f**kwit?. Is it better the stuff at Glastonbury, or the stuff most people will shove down their sinks/toilets at home.

I will tackle all of your questions one by one if I may.

No. Far from it. I was putting water in as an example of things included in the whole "environment thingy"

To be fair Glastonbury claims to be Carbon Neutral as it plants trees to off set it's output. I don't believe Carbon sinks should be used like that, as the carbon emission are still being produced. (The trees will die one day)

However, taken into the whole context of 177,000 people, and the tonnage waste etc against recycling etc, Glastonbuiry compares better than many metropolitan authorities (not rural).

They do as best as H&S will allow.

I am not been a c**t here, as I will happily rip the f**k out of anyone and any thing.

The work inolved in the collection, recycling etc of big plastic bottles is not worth it. Even if they are PET plastic, if that is mixed with others can render it useless. Putting recycled plastic in with others will send the lot to landfill.

You can get 3 pints for a tenner so take that.

(I know when I been played btw, but want to be smart)

the point I originally tried to make is the reason to ban the 2ltr bottles is based on minor, minor, very subjective points - forced on to everyone. when in reality there are better fight to be had?

keep the 2litre bottles and change the light bulbs in glasto to low wattage