Rolf

Guest farewellandgoodnight

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! It's good innocent fun that makes you feel like a kid again. People need to realise that a lot of us grew up with Rolf and it's great to see him still doing his thing after all these years.

I'm 30 now and have been watching him on telly since I was old enough to watch telly.

I could well be wrong here but I would hazard a guess that the people who don't get this are too young to have enjoyed his TV shows back in the 80s or before.

I loved Rolf last year. One of the best set's I saw all weekend. I know it's not really a "proper" band or artist but he made me smile from ear to ear and I was singing along to all his songs, even the ones I didn't know before hand.

I think it would be awesome him opening the Pyramid stage and anyone who doesn't go see him is making a foolish mistake- he will bring a huge smile to your face and will get your right in the Glastonbury spirit.

I'm not being un Glastonbury saying this, but those who don't go to see Rolf will be missing out on one of the gigs of the weekend and it's your loss if you chose to do so.

Yep - while the actual content might be is crap, there's very few that get anywhere close to the charisma he exudes. It's an experience not to be missed.

I loved the "rap entrance" last year and the easy way he worked the audience. The mark of an experienced allround entertainment. Yes the musical content is hardly cutting edge but that is not the point. Particularly if the sun is shining, it will be a far far better start to the festival than Lukewarmplay.

Exxxxxxxxcellent :P

mrburns.gif

Gotta love a not-in-any-way-serious and happy smiley feel good kinda start to the day. I predict a riot a well stuffed Pyramid field as in 2002 (if that's where he's gonna be) even if it's 1st thing rather than midday(ish) ! Here's hoping for some bouncy friends again as well this time :P

roos.jpg

Edited by mikeb

If this is true it's awesome news. I was in the front row for his set last year and met him as he was being driven on site before the set, the man was a gent and his setbrilliant.

I had no idea that he'd got as good a reaction as he clearly did as I didn't realize how full the field was, but Rolf should play every year, 99% of people must love him, surely.

seriously? i've seen a few people say this but i never really took that much notice. me and my group all went to see him but left half way through - we all agreed he was pretty dire. the 5 minute gaps between each song and the constant mumbling about absolutely nothing didn't really do it for me.

I went to see Rolf last year and he was utter dung.

Deeply unfunny, terrible sound, awful songs.

I am the right age to be brought up with his telly show and that was rubbish too. "STOP DRAWING YOU TIRESOME OLD FART AND JUST PLAY THE CARTOONS" I used to roar at the screen.

Incidentally, all the drawings he did of the cartoon characters were lightly drawn in pencil first which he just went over in marker pen.

In fact, if he does play friday morning I am going to storm the stage, drop my slacks on shove my bare arse in his face, across the cheeks of which i will write in big capital letters FRAUD

i'll be extremely disappointed if this is true. yes, i enjoyed Cartoon Time when i was young but i don't need him taking a valuable pyramid slot, esp when we were led to believe we may have 3 big musical artists lined up for them. and his ego...he truly thinks he's the greatest artist to ever play Glasto.

i'm not a massive Coldplay fan, but I quite fancied the idea of Politik opening up the Pyramid on Friday. That would at least have been a musical 'event' to remember, a big act like that opening up the 40th.

these pyramid developments each week have been so bleh - Shakira, Dead Weather, and inow this, if it's true Rolf...

so, this talk about past pyramid headliners from over the years playing various stages for the 40th? I think it's just Ash and Levellers so far, right? (now that i think about it wasn't the person who mentioned this, the singer from Levellers? why should we have listened to him?)

I am the right age to be brought up with his telly show and that was rubbish too. "STOP DRAWING YOU TIRESOME OLD FART AND JUST PLAY THE CARTOONS" I used to roar at the screen.

Incidentally, all the drawings he did of the cartoon characters were lightly drawn in pencil first which he just went over in marker pen.

In fact, if he does play friday morning I am going to storm the stage, drop my slacks on shove my bare arse in his face, across the cheeks of which i will write in big capital letters FRAUD

i'll be extremely disappointed if this is true. yes, i enjoyed Cartoon Time when i was young but i don't need him taking a valuable pyramid slot, esp when we were led to believe we may have 3 big musical artists lined up for them. and his ego...he truly thinks he's the greatest artist to ever play Glasto.

i'm not a massive Coldplay fan, but I quite fancied the idea of Politik opening up the Pyramid on Friday. That would at least have been a musical 'event' to remember, a big act like that opening up the 40th.

these pyramid developments each week have been so bleh - Shakira, Dead Weather, and inow this, if it's true Rolf...

so, this talk about past pyramid headliners from over the years playing various stages for the 40th? I think it's just Ash and Levellers so far, right? (now that i think about it wasn't the person who mentioned this, the singer from Levellers? why should we have listened to him?)

Edited by mikeb

Edited by farewellandgoodnight