Rolf

Guest farewellandgoodnight

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf will be great fun.

I always loved him as a kid, but I've yet to see him, so I'm DEFINITELY going along to watch him this time.

Anyone trying to be critical of his musical 'abilities', choice of playlist or being judgemental about the crowd who will go to see him are missing the whole point IMHO.

He'll make me smile. It'll be a brilliant start to the weekend.

Rolf will be great fun.

I always loved him as a kid, but I've yet to see him, so I'm DEFINITELY going along to watch him this time.

Anyone trying to be critical of his musical 'abilities', choice of playlist or being judgemental about the crowd who will go to see him are missing the whole point IMHO.

He'll make me smile. It'll be a brilliant start to the weekend.

People need to bear in mind that Glastonbury doesn't have the financial clout that some of the other festivals do and it's got to stretch much further.

Personally i'm happy to dispense with the big expensive headliners who are unwilling to drop their prices if it means keeping the variety going.

Would people prefer to lose a lot of the smaller stages, Arcadia etc in favour of a few bigger names on the main stage?

To be fair, the biggest band in the world are headlining the Friday (even though I don't like them really) and there's hardly a lack of variety.

Besides some of the best bands i've seen are ones i've stumbled accross when nothing else was on.

Edited by farewellandgoodnight

People need to bear in mind that Glastonbury doesn't have the financial clout that some of the other festivals do and it's got to stretch much further.

Personally i'm happy to dispense with the big expensive headliners who are unwilling to drop their prices if it means keeping the variety going.

Would people prefer to lose a lot of the smaller stages, Arcadia etc in favour of a few bigger names on the main stage?

To be fair, the biggest band in the world are headlining the Friday (even though I don't like them really) and there's hardly a lack of variety.

Besides some of the best bands i've seen are ones i've stumbled accross when nothing else was on.

That's all well and good, but the bearded tit played last year.

Shows a complete lack of imagination to have the same act on 2 years in a row.

I doubt you'd be saying that if Kloot play next year...... :P

The fact is, Rolf will attract a large audience, therefore he's a good booking. You can say the same about many acts on the bill, some of which I will love (Stevie Wonder, Ray Davies, U2) some of which I'd hate (Muse, Scissor Sisters, Snoop Dogg).

Rolf is well known and well liked for being a feel-good entertainer. I can't see how it could be anything other than a great booking regardless of any individual thoughts.

That's the point! No matter what people say he is a Glastonbury legend which is why he's on this year. If people don't like it there are tens of other stages to go to or just have an extra hour in bed.

Well this will be his sixth appearance since 1996 and he easily drew one of the biggest crowds of the festival on his fifth performance last year and he wasn't even anywhere near a headline slot.

I'm sure a lot of people will agree that that makes him a legend.

http://www.nme.com/news/rolf-harris/45666

Who would you regard as a Glasto legend?