Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

these two are interesting as I know I would only go into the Hari Krishna tent if it was dead wet but I cant recall ending up there later than the middle 90's { so late 80's early 90's } that stage looks that it has a banner hanging from it.It looks far younger than the other stage image 

what got me about that Hari Krishna tent was the guy holding up the words { they do that song for about 40 minutes }

I need a big warehouse so that I can sort though the paper photos - there is so many of them - far easier with digital film

all we know for sure it had to have been taken before 1994.

now which year I cant say for certain.

Scan2-6.jpg

you could make such an incredible book with loads of your photos in if you ever managed to sort through them all 

you could make such an incredible book with loads of your photos in if you ever managed to sort through them all 

just don't have the time but I have kept all the negatives so I may go crazy one of these days - all I have been doing is a scan from a 7 by 5 paper print but the negatives could be blown up far larger than that.   

in the 80's there was a cracking photo book that had a limited print - if the Internet was about then they would have cleaned up - it was covered in photos - catching the crowds and the many stalls and the smaller stages so really reflecting the festival rather than shots of the main stages -  

a more recent book is ' Glastonbury Festival Tales '  –  3 June 2004 by Crispin Aubrey and John Shearlaw ISBN-10: 0-091-89599-5    #     ISBN-13: 978-0091895990                              

although it was claimed to be ' Condition: Used - Very Good ' it was in fact brand new and had never been opened and I was able to get it for £2.29 { free postage } from a Amazon market seller - they are missing a trick as I am sure that they could sell loads if they took a stall at Glastonbury.

it only covers 1970 to 2003 -  but you cant have everything.

just don't have the time but I have kept all the negatives so I may go crazy one of these days - all I have been doing is a scan from a 7 by 5 paper print but the negatives could be blown up far larger than that.   

in the 80's there was a cracking photo book that had a limited print - if the Internet was about then they would have cleaned up - it was covered in photos - catching the crowds and the many stalls and the smaller stages so really reflecting the festival rather than shots of the main stages -  

a more recent book is ' Glastonbury Festival Tales '  –  3 June 2004 by Crispin Aubrey and John Shearlaw ISBN-10: 0-091-89599-5    #     ISBN-13: 978-0091895990                              

although it was claimed to be ' Condition: Used - Very Good ' it was in fact brand new and had never been opened and I was able to get it for £2.29 { free postage } from a Amazon market seller - they are missing a trick as I am sure that they could sell loads if they took a stall at Glastonbury.

it only covers 1970 to 2003 -  but you cant have everything.

I would love to be able to sift through all your photos it would be incredible. I love that photo you've posted a few times before of the pyramid stage in the background and with a few tents in the foreground, I had it as my desktop wallpaper for a while. 

That book looks pretty good actually I might grab a copy. 

I would love to be able to sift through all your photos it would be incredible. I love that photo you've posted a few times before of the pyramid stage in the background and with a few tents in the foreground, I had it as my desktop wallpaper for a while. 

That book looks pretty good actually I might grab a copy. 

here is two that I have just scanned so no  one on this board has seen before - now I know Amazon marketplace is still selling the book but its all down to luck as to its condition - I was lucky because there was no postage -  just look out for ' Condition: Used - Very Good ' - one seller World of Books Ltd is selling it at £1.64 + £2.80 UK delivery - search for Glastonbury Festival Tales (Hardcover) - if its in good condition you should be well pleased -The cover price is £17.99 { in 2004 } - I had no clue about that book but one of my Team spotted it in a Charity shop and bought it for me - I was so pleased over it I went to buy a second for a friend and they sent a brand new copy !! -it splits up the years and covers people who work for GFL so its not just a photo book.

These two shots were taken with a Pentax Super-A SLR with a 28mm to 90mm zoom - by the looks of the first one I would guess this was taken at 40mm so wider than a standard 50mm - this makes objects look further away so that is still in the field we know today as the pyramid area with drug alley behind the camera - whatever the year it looks a hot one.

Scan203-5-7.jpg

Scan203-5-8.jpg

here is two that I have just scanned so no  one on this board has seen before - now I know Amazon marketplace is still selling the book but its all down to luck as to its condition - I was lucky because there was no postage -  just look out for ' Condition: Used - Very Good ' - one seller World of Books Ltd is selling it at £1.64 + £2.80 UK delivery - search for Glastonbury Festival Tales (Hardcover) - if its in good condition you should be well pleased -The cover price is £17.99 { in 2004 } - I had no clue about that book but one of my Team spotted it in a Charity shop and bought it for me - I was so pleased over it I went to buy a second for a friend and they sent a brand new copy !! -it splits up the years and covers people who work for GFL so its not just a photo book.

These two shots were taken with a Pentax Super-A SLR with a 28mm to 90mm zoom - by the looks of the first one I would guess this was taken at 40mm so wider than a standard 50mm - this makes objects look further away so that is still in the field we know today as the pyramid area with drug alley behind the camera - whatever the year it looks a hot one.

Scan203-5-7.jpg

Scan203-5-8.jpg

Proper tents and proper haircuts!

Not sure on the shorts though.

Edited by Gnomicide

Managed to get tickets this year after 6 years of trying so decided to incorporate our wedding in to the weekend . After hearing so many great things I wasn't left disappointed ,oh my god what a place we had the time of our lives ,I've literally just got over the depression of not being there ,now I live in the fear of not getting tickets for next year

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/mickybmick/638EA6B2-931D-41E5-B247-DBFDE219FE69_zpsyhcwmnbx.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/mickybmick/F3539B61-14BB-4063-B018-1AA87BAF0588_zpsjucevzgo.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/mickybmick/00B54311-AB1D-4092-B162-5E7271FA5A03_zpsq6iietog.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/mickybmick/FFA41DB4-66A4-479F-9F91-578D38E00698_zpscg3ygs7s.jpg

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this, and it was honestly one of the highlights of the festival. It was so lovely and magical to watch!

I'm really glad you enjoyed , such a beautiful day and absolutely red hot too , compare that to the miserable darkness that's outside my window as I type this it seems a life time ago . Thankfully the Glastonbury gods smiled on us and we managed to get tickets for next year so we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary where it all began ,yessssssss!!!!!!

Proper tents and proper haircuts!

Not sure on the shorts though.

well at least with those shots I know for sure it was not 1985 { that holds the record ' even now ' for being the wettest Glastonbury so for sure it was not that year }

I have the raw image so easier to zoom in - just behind the blue tent there is two orange tents and there is a motorbike.

anyone recall which year they stopped people being able to do this ?

Scan203-5-7.jpg

Scan203-5-8.jpg

Love the top photo glasto-worker. The kind of tent I first started going to Glasto with. I think my tent lasted about 7 Glasto's and numerous holidays before I had to admit to myself it was time to get a new one.

Love the top photo glasto-worker. The kind of tent I first started going to Glasto with. I think my tent lasted about 7 Glasto's and numerous holidays before I had to admit to myself it was time to get a new one.

I used to be in the Scouts { from cubs to ending up being a Scout Leader both in Glasgow and then in London } so I am sure at least for a few years we would have been using a proper canvas 8 man Army tent  { the one with the massive two inch thick wooden poles } and for sure it never had a built in ground sheet - those tent walls could be folded up when it was warm - impossible to carry in but for the early ones we could park beside the tent - after the 85 mud bath many dropped out so I went for something smaller - have lost track on how many I have used but I now favour The Vango Alpha 400 - some on my team show up with these massive compartment tents where you can stand up inside but will stick with the Vango for now - it has a neat porch - essential when its muddy so that I can ditch my boots before going into the main part - as you know a good tent and a good sleeping bag are essential for festivals.

well at least with those shots I know for sure it was not 1985 { that holds the record ' even now ' for being the wettest Glastonbury so for sure it was not that year }

I have the raw image so easier to zoom in - just behind the blue tent there is two orange tents and there is a motorbike.

anyone recall which year they stopped people being able to do this ?

1990 was the last year you could take vehicles in. No festival in '91 then vehicle passed required for the first time in '92.

1990 was the last year you could take vehicles in. No festival in '91 then vehicle passed required for the first time in '92.

cheers for that - thinking about the CND logo that may have been dropped in 92 as they switched to Greenpeace and Oxfam.

I wonder if the banner by the speakers may have been celebrating the twentieth anniversary and if that was correct then it may be from 1990

That's helped me out - I have never been able to remember the first year that I went to Glastonbury but now I know that it must have been '92 or later. I recall my brother and his friends telling me that when they first went you could park your car (if you had one - they didn't) next to your tent. It seems like bliss that does. That said, I'm not surprised that the car next to tent angle had to go for a variety of health and safety reasons. I do remember that some people just set up stalls wherever they wanted to though. There was one near Top Webbs Ash that sold prison issue rolling papers. I know this because HM prison Service written on them. They also sold tea cheap.

I used to be in the Scouts { from cubs to ending up being a Scout Leader both in Glasgow and then in London } so I am sure at least for a few years we would have been using a proper canvas 8 man Army tent  { the one with the massive two inch thick wooden poles } and for sure it never had a built in ground sheet - those tent walls could be folded up when it was warm - impossible to carry in but for the early ones we could park beside the tent - after the 85 mud bath many dropped out so I went for something smaller - have lost track on how many I have used but I now favour The Vango Alpha 400 - some on my team show up with these massive compartment tents where you can stand up inside but will stick with the Vango for now - it has a neat porch - essential when its muddy so that I can ditch my boots before going into the main part - as you know a good tent and a good sleeping bag are essential for festivals.

I've got a 4 man pop up myself. It's just right for me and my wife and some kit. I don't exactly know how but the last two times that I have used it I have actually managed to get it back in to it's bag again - easier said than done.

I've got a 4 man pop up myself. It's just right for me and my wife and some kit. I don't exactly know how but the last two times that I have used it I have actually managed to get it back in to it's bag again - easier said than done.

I had thought about a pop up before but one year at Latitude I spotted two pop up's ' pop up and take off ' - flew right over a dense forest - at the same time - this was in the crew area so a whole mob went after them - one was recovered the other was not - lucky the WBC keep a few spare tents so they were not left out in the cold - same thing happened at Hop farm - really put me off the idea .

Last year my tent bag zip came out of its track - contacted Vango and they sent a free replacement - not a exact match but close enough and is a 1/2 inch wider than the original - makes all the difference - god knows why they make them such a tight fit so I know what you mean.

I had thought about a pop up before but one year at Latitude I spotted two pop up's ' pop up and take off ' - flew right over a dense forest - at the same time - this was in the crew area so a whole mob went after them - one was recovered the other was not - lucky the WBC keep a few spare tents so they were not left out in the cold - same thing happened at Hop farm - really put me off the idea .

Last year my tent bag zip came out of its track - contacted Vango and they sent a free replacement - not a exact match but close enough and is a 1/2 inch wider than the original - makes all the difference - god knows why they make them such a tight fit so I know what you mean.

Me and the wife saw a whirlwind touch down at Wychwood Festival in 2014. We were just sat there outside our campervan looking over at other campervans and tents across the field when all of a sudden a tent and loads of belongings were whisked up extremely high in to the air. The owners of the stuff made half hearted attempts at running after the trail of their stuff but it went so high and had travelled so far over neighbouring fields that they were never going to get that stuff back. Which reminds me of a similar event caught on film at Glastonbury. I'm sure everybody's seen it already but just in case there's the odd one out there that hasn't, then here it is;

Me and the wife saw a whirlwind touch down at Wychwood Festival in 2014. We were just sat there outside our campervan looking over at other campervans and tents across the field when all of a sudden a tent and loads of belongings were whisked up extremely high in to the air. The owners of the stuff made half hearted attempts at running after the trail of their stuff but it went so high and had travelled so far over neighbouring fields that they were never going to get that stuff back. Which reminds me of a similar event caught on film at Glastonbury. I'm sure everybody's seen it already but just in case there's the odd one out there that hasn't, then here it is;

That is strange because 2010 it was very Hot but we were camped next to Gate D so a fair distance from that crew site - have never seen that video before

spent most of the time under this fridge truck { far cooler than the tent }

my best story about weather was 2005 - the crew camp had a good old sloop and I made sure my tent was up on a high point - anyway was walking inside the camp and came across these new volunteers - they were pitching right at the bottom so I went over to advise them to pick a higher area - they looked at me as if I was nuts so I thought stuff it ' let them find out for themselves ' and they did - streams was all over that field and they got the whole lot - now it was not as bad as other areas { where people had to swim to their tent } but their tents were washed away - never did see them again - they should have listened.

2010-wbc-19.jpg