Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Under the Dome doesn't need anything put up against it to show that it's shite. Manages that all by itself.

I concur. I quite enjoyed the first season but have to force myself to stay awake with this one.

I caught Z Nation on Pick last night. It's obviously a rip off of Walking Dead but I found it quite enjoyable although a little silly. 

Watched the pilot/premier of Man in the High Castle, an Amazon Prime original based on the Philip K Dick "what if the Axis had of won" sci-fi novel of the same name.

It's excellent and quickly shows-up Under The Dome to be the capsule of shite it really is.

Has been "picked up" and the rest of the season will start to show this autumn.

I've been meaning to watch this, The Man in the High Castle is probably Dick's most controlled novel.

I miss Sons. Kurt Sutter's new show starts later this year (The Bastard Executioner) and Charlie :wub: Hunnam has a new show... Or film... I dunno, there were some tight trousers in the photos.

I watched up til the penultimate episode, then deleted the lot from the hard drive, never watching the last one, just because the last couple of series were so unwatchably bad at times.  Any scene featuring the 2 lead females was like nails on a blackboard for me.

I still haven't watched the wire, I expect I'll get round to that at some point.  Currently working through Orange is the new black.  I have to say that the closing scenes of series 2 are the best end to a TV series I have ever seen and that includes any of the series finales of breaking bad or Game of thrones.  It was brilliant, shocking and I've never come away from a TV show feeling like that.

Wow!  I don't think I'd have the willpower / nerve to do that.  When I've invested so much time in something, I'd want to see the end, even if it was given terrible reviews.  I'd always doubt whether the other views would match mine, what if I found it gave sufficient closure and the others just didn't get it.  Unlikely, but still.    Mind, wish I'd done that for Lost!

Currently at 7.2 in SOA, and it's still pretty good.

I don't think I disliked much about sons other than the finale. I was still pretty much with it all the way through. There were a few story developments that were preposterous, and I didn't notice much bad acting (I'm not saying it wasn't there), however Dexter was rubbing me up the wrong way for a long time. 

I may have given sons a bit more wriggle room for pissing me off than is normal, I normally have a very low tolerance for tv that pisses me off.

And I can't bear to listen to Charlie Hunnams faux "neither here nor there" american/english accent any more. He was on Joe Rogans podcast and it was painful, Dominic Monaghan has exactly the same affliction.

Loved Sons from start to finish, except parts of the Ireland phase which was a bit of a dip.

The only comeuppance I disliked was Unser. He should have been a survivor. 

Chibs and Tigg should have bought the farm too.

Gave up on Boardwalk Empire though. Watched every episode, got the last ones downloaded, and couldn't even be bothered to watch the final one. That was one boring show... I think I only kept watching to see if it would get any better. Oh god that series was boring. The only redeeming feature I can immediately think of were the amazing suits the back guys wore... I wish I had their dress sense, budget, and flair-for-the-debonaire suaveness.

Edited by viberunner

Gave up on Boardwalk Empire though.

Died a death yeah. Was shit after Gyp Rosetti, who both saved and destroyed the show. Saved it after a fairly boring series 2 and destroyed it because they couldn't reach those heights again.

Have given up on TV shows altogether. So much time wasted and they're all the same really. Boardwalk got shit, Mad Men is incredibly boring, GOT is laughable nonsense, House of Cards got very dull quick, the last season of Sherlock was pooh, The Wire is ok but I'm arsed if I'm committing 60 hours or whatever to it, same for Breaking Bad.

I gave up on Dexter about halfway through the 3rd series, shame as it had such promise.

Sons just annoyed me, frequently.  Viberunner mentions the Irish series...christ on a bike that was bad.

I got to the end of the 3rd series of Orange is the new black, a real ride on the feels train and some great acting and writing, now I have to impatiently wait for more.

Is anyone still enjoying True detective?  What was great about the first series was the strong lead characters, that just feels totally lacking in this series with the possible exception of Vince Vaughn, who at least has had some sort of character journey.  The other 3 I care nothing for.

I tried watching episode 5, but got bored and turned off halfway through.

Final series of Boardwalk was very good. The 8 episodes was such a tease. The massive jumps in time left you wondering what would of it been like had they not pulled it. I agree it got dull in season 2 but it did pick up again and they very much finished it well for me, unlike some shows that totally crash and burn..............

Final series of Boardwalk was very good. The 8 episodes was such a tease. The massive jumps in time left you wondering what would of it been like had they not pulled it. I agree it got dull in season 2 but it did pick up again and they very much finished it well for me, unlike some shows that totally crash and burn..............

It really could've done with an extra 3-4 episodes for me. Wrapped up to quick in the end.

I'm now 2 episodes behind in True Detective, and struggling to inspire myself to catch up. I loved the first season, liked ep1 of this one, then have just felt lost and "meh" at every turn. I just don't care about any of them. Nor do I care about who actually killed that fella at the beginning. Its a shame. The

bus shootout

bit was good though. (end of ep 3)

Watched episode one of new True Detective last night and struggled to work out what was going in at all! Will persevere but probably when the whole series is finished and we can binge watxh

Third series of house of cards was pretty shite but first two were excellent and think you're being harsh on sherlock. You should give breaking bad a go. It's not like you have to give the sixty hours up all in one week if you don't want to.

First two of HOC were great yeah. Same for Sherlock. Looking forward to the next season of Sherlock though. In 18 months. <_<

Well, a Victorian era special due at Christmas.

I must be the only person on the planet who thinks that Sherlock is massively overrated tosh.  At first it was an enjoyable caper and the characters were entertaining, but it quickly became something of a satire of itself (even the release schedules are taking the piss).

It really could've done with an extra 3-4 episodes for me. Wrapped up to quick in the end.

I defo agree to a point but I did enjoy the last series. I found myself looking forward to a episode rather than with some TV shows were you dont care too much that you let them slide by

One thing I was disappointed about was the fast forward past Capones final rise and power grab

Same will happen with the wire. Am enjoying it so far. If I only end up watching two or three series cos it gets shitter that will be fine. I haven't signed anything that's forcing me to finish it.

Seasons 3 and 4 of the wire are definitely the best. Incredible stuff. So many layers and twists. 5 isn't bad although it is a step below.