Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Just outside Oropesa. Would definitely recommend it, decent pubs and clubs, quality beach and constant shuttle buses to the festival.

How much would me and a mate be talking for somewhere to stay from say Wednesday to Monday? Don’t need anything special, just a place that’s close enough to the shuttle buses etc 

6 minutes ago, danz026 said:

How much would me and a mate be talking for somewhere to stay from say Wednesday to Monday? Don’t need anything special, just a place that’s close enough to the shuttle buses etc 

You could easily get a 2 bedroom apartment on Rentalia for less than 200 quid each. Everything's quite close together, it's just one big stretch of road.

8 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Internet fella !!!

48 minutes ago, Scrubb said:

Quality! Feel like this thread may be slightly biased, but looking to go to an EU festival this year for the first time, would you recommend FIB or suggest another? As it being my first festival abroad looking for what will offer the best experience overall rather than just the lineup :)

I wouldn’t say biased. More so the fact that I’m returning for my 7th year on the bounce, as do many others who post here frequently, speaks volumes for the overall Benicassim experience. It’s more than just the line-up each year.

3 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I wouldn’t say biased. More so the fact that I’m returning for my 7th year on the bounce, as do many others who post here frequently, speaks volumes for the overall Benicassim experience. It’s more than just the line-up each year.

True say. What do you think of Mrs Toad?

7 minutes ago, andytommo said:

9th year for me Andy..and as you say its the overall experience..What do you say Mr.Ged K?

12 hours ago, Scrubb said:

Quality! Feel like this thread may be slightly biased, but looking to go to an EU festival this year for the first time, would you recommend FIB or suggest another? As it being my first festival abroad looking for what will offer the best experience overall rather than just the lineup :)

I disagree with a few people's previous assessments of the festival. It really depends what you mean when you say 'overall experience'.

Benicassim (similar to, say, Reading & Leeds) as a festival is simply an arena with a few stages built in for you to go and watch gigs. If by 'festival' you mean 'watching gigs' then Beni is perfect for what you're after. They also have the beach, as said.

Because you've said you're after 'the best experience overall rather than lineup' I'm gonna take that to mean you like experiencing everything festivals have to offer, the 'mini-city environment' if you like. Like Glasto, Bestival or Boomtown. I'm going to Sziget for the first time this year so I can't offer you loads in the way of knowledge about it but if you take a look at how it's laid out and everything that goes on there it sounds a little closer to what you're after imo.

Both options good depending on what you're after, I'm more of a mini-city guy personally. Glastonbury is the only festival in the world which can offer both that and an A-List lineup, which is why it's the best.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I'm going to Sziget for the first time this year so I can't offer you loads in the way of knowledge about it but if you take a look at how it's laid out and everything that goes on there it sounds a little closer to what you're after imo.

I'd go to Benicassim for the experience as well. Same for Exit, even if it's arenas.

But nothing tops Sziget! It's an immersive experience, and they have a small beach too :D

If you have any question ask me on the Sziget topic! Cheers

6 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I disagree with a few people's previous assessments of the festival. It really depends what you mean when you say 'overall experience'.

Benicassim (similar to, say, Reading & Leeds) as a festival is simply an arena with a few stages built in for you to go and watch gigs. If by 'festival' you mean 'watching gigs' then Beni is perfect for what you're after. They also have the beach, as said.

Because you've said you're after 'the best experience overall rather than lineup' I'm gonna take that to mean you like experiencing everything festivals have to offer, the 'mini-city environment' if you like. Like Glasto, Bestival or Boomtown. I'm going to Sziget for the first time this year so I can't offer you loads in the way of knowledge about it but if you take a look at how it's laid out and everything that goes on there it sounds a little closer to what you're after imo.

Both options good depending on what you're after, I'm more of a mini-city guy personally. Glastonbury is the only festival in the world which can offer both that and an A-List lineup, which is why it's the best.

Completely agree, nothing comes close to Glastonbury overall. One thing that's amazing at Beni though and can't be underestimated is how convenient everything is. Easy access to bars and toilets, right next to the campsite (well, one of them) and the best of all...the guys walking round selling Heineken, even in the pit! That saving of a trip to the bar during a big act when the main stage is rammed is brilliant. Fair play to those guys, must be such hard work getting through all those people with those massive things on their backs.  

Get 10% discount on packages, accommodation, and extras if buying from festicket using the code 10FEST

Festivals included:

Primavera Sound 2018 
NOS Primavera Sound 2018 
Bilbao BBK Live 2018 
FIB: Festival Internacional de Benicassim

Edited by JBarbour

17 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Get 10% discount on packages, accommodation, and extras if buying from festicket using the code 10FEST

Festivals included:

Primavera Sound 2018 
NOS Primavera Sound 2018 
Bilbao BBK Live 2018 

Nice one mate. Do you know when this one expires? Cheers

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Festivals included:

Primavera Sound 2018 
NOS Primavera Sound 2018 
Bilbao BBK Live 2018 

Crrrrrrrroak 15FEST works too ;)

• Upvote 1

Now, a press release announcing the The Libertines states that they have “commenced writing their fourth studio album” and that the LP is “scheduled to be released in summer 2018”.

Could be a decent last headliner.

But taking into account past FIB editions, last headliner should be electronic act, should't it?

15 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

Could be a decent last headliner.

But taking into account past FIB editions, last headliner should be electronic act, should't it?

I'd have thought the last headliner would be a HUGE act, seeing as there are two small, and one big but not exactly wowing headliner so far. Electronic act may be announced as a coheadliner with either LG or Travis whoever 

1 minute ago, DRH0503 said:

I'd have thought the last headliner would be a HUGE act, seeing as there are two small, and one big but not exactly wowing headliner so far. Electronic act may be announced as a coheadliner with either LG or Travis whoever 

Totally agree. But who do you consider as a huge act? Can't see anyone huge with possibility to play Beni.

17 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

Do you not reckon they would've announced them as a co-headliner though? If that's the case, they've unnecessarily made their lineup look weaker than it is.