Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Just now, zahidf said:

Dont forget, they won the triple last year (Jose counted the charity shield...)

Haha yeah. A bit silly. 

Just pointing out that in Utd worst period in living memory, a few decades, they're still winning. 

Not disputing that a shitload of money has been wasted though. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Just pointing out that in Utd worst period in living memory, a few decades, they're still winning. 

I’ve known it worse.

for example from 1968-1990 utd won a paltry 2 trophies, although I didn’t start going back until 1980.

Edited by thetime

Just now, thetime said:

Question 

klopps football or trophies that Utd have won in the last 3 years?

Ask Coutinho, Suarez, Alonso, Mascherano, Sterling, Torres....

No issue with spending money if a club has it or not spending if they don't. But you can't expect to win, consistently anyway, without opening the wallet up. 

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Would LOVE to win the FA Cup this year however.

Always a great day to be fair. 

Liverpool have a good shot at the Champions League too. Can beat anyone on their day and the big European giants have dipped in standard. Madrid are in the bin. "Fucked up" as Zidane said last yesterday. 

some of us remember them being relegated. 

That was a great year. :lol:

:lol:

I'm sure you still have a poster of the league table on your bedroom wall!

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"Fucked up" as Zidane said last yesterday. 

ooo, just reminded me that Klopp said "fuck" in his (going out live) interview with NBC yesterday.

"As a manager I can say we should have done this and that better or if you're looking at it as a football fan you're thinking 'what the fuck was that?"

And then, with no apologies...

"Oh, I thought in America it's OK. In England, it's not possible" 

:lol:

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I feel like we will be making a mistake if we don''t replace Coutinho this window. 

RB Leipzig have come out and said they aren't letting Naby Keita leave until July........

Not exactly a replacement for Coutinho but........

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Great stuff from Liverpool yesterday. Seems Klopp is the only one of the few who knows how to beat Guardiola. 

fixed. ;) 

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Thats what we're in it for mate, no? You've said it yourself, current incumbent in Old Trafford is a spoofer.

No idea what a spoofer is, must be down with the kids or a bit of an Irish saying. :P

If you are trying to imply that I think Jose is a dickhead that plays rubbish football, then that’s pretty accurate. 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

If you are trying to imply that I think Jose is a dickhead that plays rubbish football, then that’s pretty accurate. 

I'm starting to get convinced that he cut a deal with a few agents 15+ years ago, that if they sorted him with a few top players he'd promise to buy their shit from them for a decade afterwards.

If utd are lucky, that decade is almost up. :P

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm starting to get convinced that he cut a deal with a few agents 15+ years ago, that if they sorted him with a few top players he'd promise to buy their shit from them for a decade afterwards.

If utd are lucky, that decade is almost up. :P

To be fair Jose signings for united have been more hit than miss, or you can understand signing them. 

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

No idea what a spoofer is, must be down with the kids or a bit of an Irish saying. :P

Thats exactly what implying.

since he gave up being Utd manager, i've really warmed to LvG. :P

I'm loving his latest. :lol:

Louis van Gaal has revealed he rejected the Belgium manager’s job in an act of “revenge” towards Manchester United so his former club would have to continue paying up the remainder of his contract after sacking him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-alexis-sanchez-liverpool-arsenal-city-rumours-latest-naby-keita-a8159386.html

Looks like Sunderland are ripping up Jack Rodwell's £70k a week contract and releasing him at the grand old age of 26.

I still remember being in a bar in Amsterdam 8 years ago and getting chatting to a bloke who worked at the Ajax Academy. The minute I mentioned I supported Everton all he wanted the talk about was Rodwell and was absolutely raving about him. I know he's had some really bad injuries but I guess the money he's been paid means he can give up and not try to rebuild his career.

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hes so bitter. And hes only earning about 5m by turning down the Belgian job. He could be managing a really good team in a world cup this summer instead. Glad he was sacked. What a shitty attitude.

Lets not forget what happened under his reign.

Phil-Jones-preparing-to-take-a-corner-fo

18 minutes ago, lost said:

Looks like Sunderland are ripping up Jack Rodwell's £70k a week contract and releasing him at the grand old age of 26.

Messi would be shit at that club. 

Edited by The Nal

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hes so bitter. And hes only earning about 5m by turning down the Belgian job. He could be managing a really good team in a world cup this summer instead. Glad he was sacked. What a shitty attitude.

Lets not forget what happened under his reign.

Phil-Jones-preparing-to-take-a-corner-fo

Messi would be shit at that club. 

He was sacked the day after he won the FA cup. And was undermined in his last months by the club openly courting Jose.

He isnt perfect but id probably say Utd didnt really treat him that well.

Edited by zahidf

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ha Ha! I find that hilarious :lol: 

He was treated poorly so he has every right to enact his revenge as he sees fit. Im sure no one at Utd gives a flying toss, but it is a nice little "fuck u" none the less...........