Day Splits

timeforheroes

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liking the fact we got days splits so early,plenty I like on all days, plenty of clashes throughout the weekend though to decide

Im surprised by the negativity towards the main stage on the Sunday, I know its not the indie nostalgia fest that we expect at Kendal calling but never get a full weekend of that

Nothing but thieves> Slaves > Seasick Steve > Frank Turner > TInie Tempah isn't a bad run of acts in my opinion

Pleased White have got a main stage slot too

19 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

liking the fact we got days splits so early,plenty I like on all days, plenty of clashes throughout the weekend though to decide

Im surprised by the negativity towards the main stage on the Sunday, I know its not the indie nostalgia fest that we expect at Kendal calling but never get a full weekend of that

Nothing but thieves> Slaves > Seasick Steve > Frank Turner > TInie Tempah isn't a bad run of acts in my opinion

Pleased White have got a main stage slot too

I think it is the divisiveness of the last two acts, if Tinie was swapped for the Manics there wouldn't be anything like as many complaints in my view. There was also a lot of people on FB who thought Frank Turner should be above Tinie.

For me there is only Nothing but thieves that I am half interested in seeing. I'd watch Seasick again if the weather is nice supping a beer on the hill and Mrs BR wants to see Tinie.

I'm liking Sunday's line up. I didn't really know much from any of them but created a playlist as soon as the line up came out and I love all of them, especially Tinie and Frank. Not so much Seasick Steve. I've always thought I should like him, and I've tried, but he just doesn't do it for me. Someone mentioned earlier By the river had cancelled... is this true? Have I even got the right band?

Edited by Curlygirl

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm liking Sunday's line up. I didn't really know much from any of them but created a playlist as soon as the line up came out and I love all of them, especially Tinie and Frank. Not so much Seasick Steve. I've always thought I should like him, and I've tried, but he just doesn't do it for me. Someone mentioned earlier By the river had cancelled... is this true? Have I even got the right band?

I'd definitely give seasick Steve a listen live. He's not someone I listen to much but seen him live quite a few times and he's great! Very talented and endearing. Kinda sucks you in and has good crack with the crowd.

Just now, Clarkysteph said:

I'd definitely give seasick Steve a listen live. He's not someone I listen to much but seen him live quite a few times and he's great! Very talented and endearing. Kinda sucks you in and has good crack with the crowd.

Depending on who's on when he is then I may do. Thanx

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Someone mentioned earlier By the river had cancelled... is this true? Have I even got the right band?

Yes they have cancelled...I messaged them on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed they have cancelled all their shows for the rest of 2017...they should have been playing Chai Wallahs on Thursday...bit gutting really as they were one of the better reggae bands for the weekend.

16 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Who are your festival recommendations @Curlygirl for this year?

3 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Has anyone got some pictures of their lanyard with times from last year? I can't find any on Twitter or anything, just to get an idea of times, I assume they're usually quite similar?

I've got them at home, doesn't really change much over the years. Which stage you after ?

5 hours ago, ramragon said:

I've got them at home, doesn't really change much over the years. Which stage you after ?

Well as many as you can give me I was planning on making a clashfinder to have some idea and then I'll update it on the Thursday with the actual times when we get them instead of buying a program each for the family, anything you've got helps though

Edit - Also it may be a matter of opinion but they seem to have most of the big names for the glow tent on Friday?

Edited by Chaarlie

28 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Well as many as you can give me I was planning on making a clashfinder to have some idea and then I'll update it on the Thursday with the actual times when we get them instead of buying a program each for the family, anything you've got helps though

Edit - Also it may be a matter of opinion but they seem to have most of the big names for the glow tent on Friday?

Someone's started a clashfindet but it's in it's early stages.  http:///s/kendal2017/

Kendals been notoriously hard over the years to do clashfinders for so dont be disappointed if it comes to nothing

41 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

People would disagree but I don't really see the point of a clash-finder for Kendal, they're really useful for Glastonbury where it can be a 30-45 minute walk between stages, but the longest walk between stages at KC is what, 5 mins tops?

and yeah, mentioned a few times but you're blob on about the Friday Glow Tent, of the 7 acts i'd want to see in there over the weekend 5 are on Friday, but then I do much prefer House/Tech-House to DnB and Jungle which takes up a lot of Sat/Sun.

Edited by cincoveces05

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Anyone got news on any timings yet ?

The clashfinder still looks way out to me. I'm still interested in main stage start times as it seems to vary each year and for each day.

I'm keeping an eye on twitter incase any one leaks it.