Day Splits

timeforheroes

The bigger festivals with >100,000 try to split the crowds, don't think it's such a safety issue at Kendal where even the headline acts aren't really huge names that everyone on site will want to see (other than Noel last year possibly).

Last year Craig David, Shy FX and Redlight who were probably the biggest pulls for The Glow Tent all started well after the Main Stage headliners finished.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're charging for lanyards then it makes sense from a commercial pov to keep the times and splits under wrap for as long as possible.

It's still a shits trick, mind. I cannot understand why they don't split the days out straight away, especially if it's sold out.

6 hours ago, Port-a-loo Pete said:

I couldn't get in to the glow tent for Craaaaig David last year, absolutely rammed. had to re re wind and listen from outside !

Can anybody recall what date we got the splits last year ??

The Glow Tent tends to suffer from what someone on the Glastonbury forum, briiliantly, called crowd crust. 

Even when it's not too busy it can be hard to get in as so many people hang around the edges, i've seen it 10 deep outside, but with loads of space to dance in the middle.

32 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

Here they are...

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/news

And Sunday on main stage looks as shite as we all thought!

Yip main stage pretty pants on the sunday for me anyway, but that has worked to my advantage as apart from Nothing but thieves I don't need to go to the main stage at all.

looks like I will get to see The Coral,Indie Disco, and maybe a bit of beatlemania. So happy days 

9 minutes ago, festival fan from fife said:

....apart from Nothing but thieves I don't need to go to the main stage at all.

Completely agree with you there.

7 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Never seen them do this before either but pretty handy... Frank Turner on same time as Coral??? Calling out will be heaving

Heaving? It will be absolutely rammed, a bit like the secret Killers set at Glastonbury! They'll be stood 10 deep outside to avoid the rain-monger!

Just now, Mr_Grump said:

Completely agree with you there.

Heaving? It will be absolutely rammed, a bit like the secret Killers set at Glastonbury! They'll be stood 10 deep outside to avoid the rain-monger!

They haven't given the splits for Jaegar tent but as Frank Typhoon is headlining there also then guessing it'll be after his mainstage set. Do they realise what they've booked? Can you drink Jaegar in a cardigan? Do you have to put the tambourine down first?

14 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Never seen them do this before either but pretty handy... Frank Turner on same time as Coral??? Calling out will be heaving

I was thinking with indie disco running later, The Coral might be on at the same time as Tinie. At least I'm hoping that's the case.

30 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Wasn't Skepta on the original line up announcement? Seems to have vanished from the lineup

Nah, he'd be well up the line-up.

That's a seriously stacked Friday in The Glow Tent, was hoping to catch Stereophonics but looks like that won't be happening.

I've been listening to Kendal Calling playlist on spotify on shuffle and today Primal Scream came on!

They aren't playing so why is it on the playlist?

If they were playing, Kendal Calling has become even more exciting!

Has anyone any idea why they are on the playlist.

Just to add, not to impressed with Sunday main stage. Calling out and woodlands stage for me on Sunday! 

1 minute ago, gingerchick said:

I've been listening to Kendal Calling playlist on spotify on shuffle and today Primal Scream came on!

They aren't playing so why is it on the playlist?

If they were playing, Kendal Calling has become even more exciting!

Has anyone any idea why they are on the playlist.

Just to add, not to impressed with Sunday main stage. Calling out and woodlands stage for me on Sunday! 

Denise Johnson is playing House Party who has done a couple of songs with Primal Scream.  Be one of them probably.