Day Splits

timeforheroes

5 hours ago, bottonrob said:

Kendal Calling website confirms Frank 'Monsoon' Turner headlines on the Saturday.

Pretty sure that the description for Frank is from the last time he headlined the Saturday. It's definitely his 4th Kendal and not third for a start. So good chance he isn't headlining Saturday in particular.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, generationgav said:

Pretty sure that the description for Frank is from the last time he headlined the Saturday. It's definitely his 4th Kendal and not third for a start. So good chance he isn't headlining Saturday in particular.

That would be a blessing, could see him as a stereos warm up after a late afternoon Seasick Steve beer or two but the festival is too big for the Wet Bandit to be headlining

Apparently Tinnie Tempah is playing Hartlepool Marina early on the Sunday then Kendal the same night. 

Edit. I was told this by someone who helps organise gigs round Hartlepool  but having had a look myself it looks very unlikely so I'd probably just ignore it.

Edited by Pooly JP

Who is more likely to close a day - Tinie on Friday or Frank Tuner on Sunday?

One of  them is on before the Stereophonics whichever day they play, and the other is closing the main stage.

Brian Wilson is subbing for the Manics on Saturday (save for a curveball 'teatime' slot)

Which means we're 1 sub headliner unknown - presumably Editors or Jake Bugg. They are both elsewhere on Sunday, so are Fri or Sat.....does that make Stereophonics after FT more likely? I think it probably does.

Tinie seems to have some kind of weekly residency in Ibiza over the summer.

He's defo in Belgium on Sat and Hartlepool on Sun, so he's either - playing Kendal and Hartlepool in the same day or not playing Ibiza on that Friday.

Bit weird either way innit?

And all of this is because we're impatient and Kendal won't give info out to a sold out event that doesn't offer day tickets!

Thursday 27th

Franz Ferdinand (KC)

Frightened Rabbit (KC)

British Sea Power (KC)

Man & Echo (email sent out?)

The Shimmer Band (email sent out?)

Friday 28th

Jake Bugg (Y Not sat, Cambridge Sun)

Fickle Friends (tour poster)

Bossy Love (FB)

Broken Brass Ensemble (poster)

Saturday 29th

Manics (official)

Brian Wilson (Liverpool Fri, Camp Best Sun)

Reverend and the Makers (tour poster)

Field Music (official)

Mexrissey (official)

Shame (poster)

Sola Rosa (official)

Sunday 30th

Frank Turner (own website)

Slaves (official)

Hotpots (KC FB)

Nothing But Thieves (Y Not Fri Standon Sat)

Idris Elba (Y Not/Standon)

Others (based on eliminating dates)

Stereophonics (Fri or Sun)

Tine Tempah (Apparently he's in Ibiza Friday, Belgium Saturday and Hartlepool Sunday, website states Kendal is Sunday with Hartlepool, suppose him and a DJ are easily choppered over? seems potentially fraught with issues and not doing the residency in Ibiza Friday maybe .akes more sense? )

Editors are Fri or Sat

Kate Nash Fri or Sat

The Hunna Sat or Sun

Honeyblood Fri or Sat

Blaenavon Fri or Sun

Example Fri or Sun

DMAs Fri or Sun

Palace Fri or Sun

Lethal Bizzle Fri or Sun

Still  nothing on when Calling Out headliners Loyle Carner and The Coral are except obviously one is Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Thursday Chai Wallahs is:

By the Rivers

Gypsies of Bohemia

Honeyfeet

K.O.G and the Zongo Brigade

Damn! I was hoping BTR might have clashed with Frankie boy...on the plus side is that they clash with boring FF!

1 hour ago, timeforheroes said:

A KC video advertising Thursday. No idea of running order though. 

Ah ok cheers.

Hoping for something decent late on in there again this year.

Thought last year was really good after the main stage in a few of the tents.....as far as I can remember :-)

Looks like we are on our own if we want to know whose playing the festival on which day before it starts

asked a couple of questions over on faceache and was told it would 'probably be much closer to the festival than the week before when they will release the line up and stage times etc'

I have a couple of weekends at home in June so i'll start to do a bit more digging when Ive some free time