TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

Would agree the line up is basically T without the dance/pop acts on the Saturday and Sunday but the Friday is refreshingly different with Radiohead and Belle and Sebastian.

It only takes me 15 minutes to get to Glasgow Green so I'm strongly considering a 3 day ticket as I'm a fan of all 3 headliners and there's some good bands down the bill too.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also only got Friday for now. If lineup improves for rest of the weekend will get two day ticket and only lose out about £10 compared to the three day ticket.

Don't hold out much hope though as I imagine those bands announced are likely to be the biggest bands on each day.

Ended up just getting Friday as well. Didn't mind the look of Saturday or Sunday at first but the more I looked at it I realised I didn't want to pay ~£55 for a day headlined by Biffy Clyro when I'm not a fan and similar for Kasabian given I've probably not listened to them in over 2 years and seen them loads. Same with the undercard on those days, anyone I like enough to go and see like The 1975, Circa  Waves and Blossoms I've seen before enough.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ended up just getting Friday as well. Didn't mind the look of Saturday or Sunday at first but the more I looked at it I realised I didn't want to pay ~£55 for a day headlined by Biffy Clyro when I'm not a fan and similar for Kasabian given I've probably not listened to them in over 2 years and seen them loads. Same with the undercard on those days, anyone I like enough to go and see like The 1975, Circa  Waves and Blossoms I've seen before enough.

It's annoying though to have a festival so close and then not really have that much interest. It's not even the headliners, as those were to be expected I suppose, but the undercard is also full of bands than regularly tour Scotland or play t.

I hope it does well though as would be good to be a regular option.

2 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Fact that I live in Glasgow and so don't have to pay for a hotel and can eat/sleep/drink at home made 3 days a lot easier for me

That's the reason I reckon I'll eventually buy the other days as I don't think I could not attend while a festival is going on so close. I only bought a Friday ticket for now as my protest vote.

23 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

That's the reason I reckon I'll eventually buy the other days as I don't think I could not attend while a festival is going on so close. I only bought a Friday ticket for now as my protest vote.

Yeah exactly - the cost of a 3 day is pretty small compared to 3 days at TITP when you had to buy food to take & while there, pints, transport, etc. 

28 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

It's annoying though to have a festival so close and then not really have that much interest. It's not even the headliners, as those were to be expected I suppose, but the undercard is also full of bands than regularly tour Scotland or play t.

I hope it does well though as would be good to be a regular option.

Yeah I agree, though tbf going by twitter it's the Saturday and Sunday, Saturday especially that seem to have had the best reaction. Like yourself I'm leaving the option of going the other days open in case anything else good gets announced on those days but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah I also just got a Friday ticket, I don't actually mind the other headliners but need to see more of the lineup before deciding. Considering its running from 2 to 12 makes me think there's still quite a few more acts to be added and hopefully the 2nd stage will have more alternative acts (although it sounds like it might just be the usual T break lineup of local bands) . 

Edited by addicted2noise

Funny how Glasgow City Council stressed it was not T in the Park coming to Glasgow and yet the Tin the Park email department are touting the festival and selling tickets for it! In other news I was surprised to see the Lafontaines announced for Download today. That's like landing on a triple word score in Scrabble :)

7 minutes ago, devilman said:

Funny how Glasgow City Council stressed it was not T in the Park coming to Glasgow and yet the Tin the Park email department are touting the festival and selling tickets for it! In other news I was surprised to see the Lafontaines announced for Download today. That's like landing on a triple word score in Scrabble :)

Yeah that one was odd I thought - do love The Laftontaines live so will be interested to see how they go down at Download

10 minutes ago, Klyde said:

Any idea when the headliners stop?

Thinking in terms of getting back to Queen street in time for a train to Edinburgh.

Fri & Sat around 23:00, Sun 22:45 most likely.  30/40 mins for you to get to the station as it'ss be busy getting out of the green.

Buzzing for the Friday. Not see Radiohead before and now seeing them twice in 3 days!!

Can anyone confirm if this the Waste Headquarters (https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/jknb56441wsqGG) site is legit?

Why can you buy tickets here just now if they do not officially go on sale until Friday?

Thanks

I live in queensferry so decided to book the premier inn through booking.com. Free cancellation and no payment til check in. £67 for a twin room for the friday.

Big green buses are saying £24 return from Edi, but no idea on timetable and how rammed it will be. And how busy the toilet will be :D.

51 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Buzzing for the Friday. Not see Radiohead before and now seeing them twice in 3 days!!

Can anyone confirm if this the Waste Headquarters (https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/jknb56441wsqGG) site is legit?

Why can you buy tickets here just now if they do not officially go on sale until Friday?

Thanks

Had a look on Radiohead website and links to those tickets are from there so they'll be perfectly legit. They also don't charge 2.50 to print at home like ticketmaster 

Bought a full weekend ticket mainly because I live in Glasgow and don't have to bother about transport and hotels.

Dont know if I'll make every day right enough. When you're camping at a festival obviously it's a lot different, but going home to my actual bed each night and then having to get up and go with a nasty hangover is gonna test me...