The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

for those who want a bit of hope in advance of what might turn out to be a depressing Sunday, the efests Glasto ticket competition will hopefully get to go live on Monday.

Brilliant!  I will try to stay positive if I need to after half past nine on Sunday!

(I would of course have given you an upvote if I had any left!)

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

for those who want a bit of hope in advance of what might turn out to be a depressing Sunday, the efests Glasto ticket competition will hopefully get to go live on Monday.

That gives me a shread more of hope. :D

Does anyone know how many tickets are left for Sunday? I'm trying to get tickets for my dad and step mum. If anyone would like to help then that would be amazing too... Althoguh I don't know how that would work really. I've seen lots of people offering but unsure how it would work - would I just have to transfer the money to someone afterwards?

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Does anyone know how many tickets are left for Sunday? I'm trying to get tickets for my dad and step mum. If anyone would like to help then that would be amazing too... Althoguh I don't know how that would work really. I've seen lots of people offering but unsure how it would work - would I just have to transfer the money to someone afterwards?

Some people are arranging it to call and give card details over the phone when they get through 

Right so I have a group of people that I'm trying for tomorrow but if I'm successful I can try for others too. I can't afford to buy them (having paid for mine thursday) but happy to take a phone number and call if I get through (I get there's a huge element of trust in that so it's probably a better option for anyone who feels they know me from here). Would love to help someone out here if I can so PM me details if you need help. Wishing everyone here a huge amount of luck. Don't panic just stay calm and keep refreshing :) 

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read the whole thread, so am unsure if this survey competition has been mentioned before. However, in case it hasn't here it is;

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8JCJH8L

Thanks - hadn't spotted that one.  A few strange questions - including "when did you last go to Glastonbury" and not offering 2016 as an answer!  And not drawn until 20th June!  Yikes - it'd be just like @Lucy92 last year!

I do lurk a lot on this site and don't sign in but good luck to everyone trying for a ticket tomorrow.  Friends managed to get me one last October however having to try to get my husband and 2 friends there tomorrow.  Husband does not want to share bank details so probably a bit stuffed now with gaining further help but hope all  Glastonbury Festival lovers on here get sorted  tomorrow. x

Any help greatly appreciated in tomorrow's resale especially as my boss has told me if I don't get tickets then he's going instead. This has made me even more determined to get tickets tomorrow so if anyone can offer to lend a hand then please do let me know. Copious amounts of beer/cider to anyone who can get me to Glasto! And I do mean copious!!

If you're lucky enough to get through does the lead booker receive an email confirmation immediately after the purchase? Just trying to figure out if someone else , for instance, in here gets tickets on behalf of a total stranger how do you know they've actually got them and isn't spinning you a yarn??

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Any help greatly appreciated in tomorrow's resale especially as my boss has told me if I don't get tickets then he's going instead. This has made me even more determined to get tickets tomorrow so if anyone can offer to lend a hand then please do let me know. Copious amounts of beer/cider to anyone who can get me to Glasto! And I do mean copious!!

If you're lucky enough to get through does the lead booker receive an email confirmation immediately after the purchase? Just trying to figure out if someone else , for instance, in here gets tickets on behalf of a total stranger how do you know they've actually got them and isn't spinning you a yarn??

the email isn't immediate unfortunately and sometimes can take quite a few hours , the money leaving your account ( if thats how you choose to do it is a good sign !!) but if you also get through the site will show that tickets have been purchased using this registration so you can't get them twice , hope this helps 

Hi guys. After a sleepless night imagining my bank might block the transaction if successful (I don't use card much and it's happened before), I rang Barclays this morning on their unblock my card line and got them to put a *large transaction marker* on my account for tomorrow only, to prevent that happening. Might be worthwhile to do with your banks too. Fingers crossed and good luck to all the Unsuccessful tomorrow!! wet wipes.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

the email isn't immediate unfortunately and sometimes can take quite a few hours , the money leaving your account ( if thats how you choose to do it is a good sign !!) but if you also get through the site will show that tickets have been purchased using this registration so you can't get them twice , hope this helps 

Cheers. 

I am desperately looking to get a pair of tickets tomorrow during the re-sale.... 

If anyone is able to help it would be appreciated so much! Happy to provide advance payment details...

Thanks a lot! 

On 20/04/2017 at 9:03 PM, cook555 said:

Feel very lucky to have got tickets in October and today's sales, for myself and others. I'm able to help on Sunday if anyone needs an extra pair of hands - let me know and i'll try my hardest!

^^^ still available to help out tomorrow - I don't have the funds to cover tickets, but if anyone who is happy with some sort of system regarding payment, i'm more than happy to help!  

2 hours ago, Alking said:

To all those who thus far have been unsuccessful, we can do this!! 

IMG_1868.PNG

Not really sure why this deserved two down votes?!? As someone whose so far has been very unsuccessful I'm just trying to think positive - thanks group! :( 

1 hour ago, Alking said:

Not really sure why this deserved two down votes?!? As someone whose so far has been very unsuccessful I'm just trying to think positive - thanks group! :( 

Down votes now fully neutralised. I guess some people are shitting their load about getting tickets tomorrow and don't want false hope, just in case it doesn't pan out. Let's face it, they'll be a few casualties off this site tomorrow. Then it's the secret sales, and they're not exactly secret anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Down votes now fully neutralised. I guess some people are shitting their load about getting tickets tomorrow and don't want false hope, just in case it doesn't pan out. Let's face it, they'll be a few casualties off this site tomorrow. Then it's the secret sales, and they're not exactly secret anymore. 

Understood. I took part in the secret resales last year and was unfortunately unsuccessful. I know how much work people put into this and how painful this process can be. I've got everything crossed for tomorrow and hope everyone's hard work finally pays off.