Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

On 01/02/2017 at 11:27 AM, jcarb said:

They always put on a good show so it's all good, wonder if they'll have new music by then?

Kinda wanted to go to The Wonder Years but I just can't get into No Closer to Heaven and I've seen their setlist was heavy on that album.
I'd love an Upsides/Surburbia heavy setlist but I think gone are those days now :(

And I'd settle for Tonight Alive headlining Key Club stage, really not too bothered about seeing them aha!

I liked No Closer To Heaven but they should have dropped Palm Reader and Thanks For The Ride on this tour. Definitely the lowest point both times I saw them. Was gutted that they didn't play Ernest Hemingway off that album, easily the best song though I got to see them do it in their soundcheck (even the one before the VIP people got in) as I was there  at tge venue waiting to interview Tiny Moving Parts :P

Would love them to do The Upside and Suburbia tour in 2020/2021. Would love to hear Coffee Eyes, Hoodie Weather, And Now I'm Nothing, All My Friends Are In Bar Bands and Dynamite Shovel. Would be great

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I liked No Closer To Heaven but they should have dropped Palm Reader and Thanks For The Ride on this tour. Definitely the lowest point both times I saw them. Was gutted that they didn't play Ernest Hemingway off that album, easily the best song though I got to see them do it in their soundcheck (even the one before the VIP people got in) as I was there  at tge venue waiting to interview Tiny Moving Parts :P

Would love them to do The Upside and Suburbia tour in 2020/2021. Would love to hear Coffee Eyes, Hoodie Weather, And Now I'm Nothing, All My Friends Are In Bar Bands and Dynamite Shovel. Would be great

I listened to The Upsides to absolute death! All my friends are in bar bands would be awesome! but I'd be happy with pretty much anything from that album other than Hey Thanks!
I could easily see Slam Dunk bagging them to play either one of those albums in full at the festival or book the tour for them!

I'm currently just waiting on Set Your Goals announcing their anniversary tour tbf, which I was hoping would be at Slam Dunk but I guess they played last year!
Wish they'd just do a joint anniversary tour with Four Year Strong.
That would be such a perfect lineup!

7 hours ago, jcarb said:

I listened to The Upsides to absolute death! All my friends are in bar bands would be awesome! but I'd be happy with pretty much anything from that album other than Hey Thanks!
I could easily see Slam Dunk bagging them to play either one of those albums in full at the festival or book the tour for them!

I'm currently just waiting on Set Your Goals announcing their anniversary tour tbf, which I was hoping would be at Slam Dunk but I guess they played last year!
Wish they'd just do a joint anniversary tour with Four Year Strong.
That would be such a perfect lineup!

Rather see them in their own headline shows than being put on a shorter main slot if they were going to do an Upside or Suburbia show.

Set Your Goals have confirmed that they are going to be bringing their Mutiny tour over to Europe some point this year. This was said a while back and nothing has been announced yet but I'd love to see them doing a Mutiny show. Easily the best SYG album as the This Will Be The Death Of Us falls a bit short at times and Burning At Both Ends kind of sucks. No idea when they will come over but I'm hoping soon and if their Slam Dunk performance last year was indication they'll awesome :D 

9 hours ago, justanothername said:

Rather see them in their own headline shows than being put on a shorter main slot if they were going to do an Upside or Suburbia show.

Set Your Goals have confirmed that they are going to be bringing their Mutiny tour over to Europe some point this year. This was said a while back and nothing has been announced yet but I'd love to see them doing a Mutiny show. Easily the best SYG album as the This Will Be The Death Of Us falls a bit short at times and Burning At Both Ends kind of sucks. No idea when they will come over but I'm hoping soon and if their Slam Dunk performance last year was indication they'll awesome :D 

Ah true about the whole upsides/suburbia shows, love to see if happen!

Aye, I've seen they've confirmed europe they just need to hurry up and announce it.
I was lucky enough to see them play Mutiny! and most of Reset in full a few years back, they did a couple of headline shows in between supporting You Me at Six on their tour. 
I didn't mind This Will be the Death of Us, obviously wasn't as good but was a pretty solid album. Burning at Both Ends I keep trying to give it another go, but I'm with you on that one. It does suck!
When I saw them do that Mutiny! show it was at Key Club and Slam Dunk generally have a good relationship with them so they'll definitely play Leeds, I'd hope for headline shows but I'd be happy with just Mutiny! at Slam Dunk

I'm loving the amount of anniversary tours/full album tours that are getting announced!

On 2/10/2017 at 5:14 PM, Arun1910 said:

Should give Zebrahead a try, they put on a really fun set, no wonder why they're back for a 4th year in a row :D

I don't dislike them but don't care for them either. Thus far it's looking fairly poor for me, £50 certainly not enough for those two bands but there is time for it tot improve.

7 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Could see Creeper there surely?

Download doesn't often share too many bands with Slam Dunk. Creeper would obviously get a main stage slot at Slam Dunk this year, but I think they'd be better off skipping 2017 and getting an even bigger slot in 2018. It's only Slam Dunk. If Creeper got Main Stage slots at Download and Reading and Leeds this year that would be all the exposure they need. 

Not saying Creeper won't be there and they could well get announced after their tour, but I don't think these young upcoming British bands like Creeper, Moose Blood etc have anything to gain by playing Slam Dunk every year until they're blue in the face. 

Wow, I've missed the The Wonder Years love in :P 

I'd love to see them play Suburbia... in full. It's my second favourite album by anyone ever. 

I thought they weren't great on this last tour, but I agree that Palm Reader wasn't very enjoyable live. Thanks For The Ride is one of my favourites from NCTH so I was pleased with that. I'm not a huge fan of Patsy Cline, myself. The highlights for me were Washington Square Park, Screendoor and The Devil In My Bloodstream. That was just beautiful. I'd just love to see them play ALL of their albums in full :P I'd really like to see them move up the Slam Dunk lineup. Maybe third down on Main Stage on the next album?