Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

1 hour ago, Arun1910 said:

Really? Cause that's already happened. They played 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Zebrahead keep bringing in the crowds, they do incredibly well. Filled up the parking lot last year in Birmingham and had way more people there than the headliners of that stage and were the first band to have to have doors closed at Wulfrun in 2015 cause the room was overflowing.

Didn't realise they'd played in 14 as well. They had a small crowd at Leeds last year when I was walking past. 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Didn't realise they'd played in 14 as well. They had a small crowd at Leeds last year when I was walking past. 

That's probably because they clashed with New Found Glory

Edited by Arun1910

Yeah I'm pretty happy with that announcement.

against me! 

Beartooth

the bronx

goldfinger

Mad Caddies

There's now 5 bands I actually want to see and another 5 I'll watch if there's nothing else on.

hoping against me! Headline the key club stage or whatever it'll be called this year. Would like to finish my festival with them. 

Still not feeling it. Like Trophy Eyes though so good to see them added and I listened to Like Pacific and they sound like something I'd enjoy so I'll give them a go. I don't mind Against Me! and The Bronx so I'll probably give them a bigger listener but I'm still not feeling it though. Still got quite a few bands left to announce so they'll probably some others added closer to the time and I'll still be going anyway because I've always wanted to Shikari do a TTTS show.

21 hours ago, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

actually a decent announcement !

was hoping for letlive tho ...

I'm seeing the wonder years in feb so can live with them not playing ... (think they would have been announced by now)

still hope while she sleeps gets added ....

Well The Wonder Years do still have their tour so if they were going to get announced for that I'd imagine it would be after that. I'm already seeing them twice on the upcoming tour but would love to see them play underneath Broco on the main. Wouldn't also mind if PUP and Tiny Moving Parts were playing Slam Dunk as well. Aren't Sleeps touring the UK late April and early May? Certainly can't see them being added to the line up

8 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I have a feeling it's less of a line up for the younger crowd, as that was a great announcement for me (37).  LTJ, RBF, Goldfinger, Mad Caddies must be the top 4 on the ska stage - brilliant line up!!

Yeah I'm getting that feeling as well. Don't mind it personally but would prefer that the bands for younger people weren't gash :lol: 

Also with Against Me! playing reckon someone like The Menzingers could play (they're touring in April so I'm gonna assume that is a no then)

Edited by justanothername

13 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I have a feeling it's less of a line up for the younger crowd, as that was a great announcement for me (37).  LTJ, RBF, Goldfinger, Mad Caddies must be the top 4 on the ska stage - brilliant line up!!

Their Facebook seemed to hint that BFS will be along with the first two bands you've mentioned there. I'd agree that Goldfinger and Mad Caddies are likely to be added to it though. That'd be serious food for thought, considering I could then leave BFS and go see Enter Shiakri headline.

12 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Downloads avalanche stage looks like a poor mans slam dunk. Simple Plan and sleeping with sirens are a fucking shambles. 

The only bands on that stage I'd see are Etid, four year strong and TSSF 

Sleeping with Sirens are a terrible band but are also a good booking as they somehow have a lot of fans. On the same bill as other stuff like Pierce The Veil, Of Mice and Men etc that will go a long way in bringing in a new crowd. 

I'm predicting:

Main: Enter shikari / Don broco / Bowling for soup / Pvris / Tonight alive / We the kings / As it is

Ska / Punk stage: Less than jake/Reel big fish / Against me / Goldfinger / Mad caddies / The movielife / Creeper / The interrupters / Milk teeth

Pop punk stage: The wonder years / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Knuckle puck / Roam / Boston manor / Trophy eyes / Like pacific

Metal stage: Beartooth / Crossfaith / Attila

Hardcore punk stage: The bronx / Sick of it all / Touche amore

Edited by Shaun182

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

What sort of venues do PVRIS do now? Imagine after their new album comes out this year they won't be too far off headlining this in a few years.

They played venues like kentish town and the institute back in April, so they're a fair size

F*ck me, Attila need to stay the hell away. Horrible, horrible excuse for a band.

Main Stage, I'm going to go for: 

Enter Shikari / Don Broco / Bowling For Soup / Deaf Havana / We The Kings / Creeper / ROAM

Metal Stage: 

While She Sleeps / Beartooth / Crossfaith / The Amity Affliction 

Edited by Andre91

11 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

I'm predicting:

Main: Enter shikari / Don broco / Bowling for soup / Pvris / Tonight alive / We the kings / As it is

Ska / Punk stage: Less than jake/Reel big fish / Against me / Goldfinger / Mad caddies / The movielife / Creeper / The interrupters / Milk teeth

Pop punk stage: The wonder years / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Knuckle puck / Roam / Boston manor / Trophy eyes / Like pacific

Your Shikari and Wonder Years clash makes me sad. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

F*ck me, Attila need to stay the hell away. Horrible, horrible excuse for a band.

If someone asked me what the worst band on the planet right now is I tell them it is Attila. They're a fucking awful band and fucking awful people

Edited by justanothername

11 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

I'm predicting:

I would probably attend for that