Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

JEW would a great sub but I just don't see it. I reckon it'll be Good Charlotte who will sub. Hope they get The Wonder Years on the main this year as even though them headlining a stage would be cool I wouldn't miss a Shikari TTTS show for the world

The Wonder Years on Main would be awesome. But with them coming over here in Feb does that make them less likely to come back just three months later? Good Charlotte is a good shout for sub, too. They seem more 'Slam Dunk' than JEW. I think I placed PTV too low as they could probably sub themselves. 

I would absolutely love to see Four Year Strong on Main playing 'Rise or Die Trying' in full, though. Anyway:

Enter Shikari (performing: Take To The Skies) 
Good Charlotte 
Lower Than Atlantis
Four Year Strong (performing: Rise or Die Trying) 
Deaf Havana
State Champs
Creeper

With the 'Metal' stage being: 

Asking Alexandria / While She Sleeps / Motionless In White 

And Simple Plan headlining the 'Pop Punk' stage even though they're an abomination and the worst of the worst. Going from The Story So Far to Simple bloody Plan. Tut tut.

Aso wouldn't be surprised to see Knuckle Puck, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Milk Teeth, Waterparks and Joyce Manor play too. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Wonder Years on Main would be awesome. But with them coming over here in Feb does that make them less likely to come back just three months later? Good Charlotte is a good shout for sub, too. They seem more 'Slam Dunk' than JEW. I think I placed PTV too low as they could probably sub themselves. 

I would absolutely love to see Four Year Strong on Main playing 'Rise or Die Trying' in full, though. Anyway:

Enter Shikari (performing: Take To The Skies) 
Good Charlotte 
Lower Than Atlantis
Four Year Strong (performing: Rise or Die Trying) 
Deaf Havana
State Champs
Creeper

With the 'Metal' stage being: 

Asking Alexandria / While She Sleeps / Motionless In White 

And Simple Plan headlining the 'Pop Punk' stage even though they're an abomination and the worst of the worst. Going from The Story So Far to Simple bloody Plan. Tut tut.

Aso wouldn't be surprised to see Knuckle Puck, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Milk Teeth, Waterparks and Joyce Manor play too. 

I suppose Feb could rule them out but they're always popular with the Slam Dunk crowd so maybe they could play. You've got State Champs on your prediction and they're touring in March as well. Also with FYS teasing something Rise Or Die Trying I'd love to see that and if we're going to bring bands from this year back Set Your Goals doing Mutiny shows (which they've confirmed they're going to do outside the US) so even though it would be a little gimmick at SD 2017 I wouldn't mind.

Would be happy with Knuckle Puck and Joyce Manor (even if the new album isn't the best) and even though I'd like to see Frank he is touring in March so I'm not sure if he would but he wont have to travel far I guess.

Also Simple Plan aren't the worse Pop Punk band, that's Good Charlotte :P 

Wow Leeds Arena is now the Main Stage for the North date, the Midlands date is going to have an 'expanded site' and the South date is going to have an extra outdoor stage. I'm expecting a really strong line-up overall. Having a 7/8 band bill in Leeds Arena will be brilliant, even without the other stages. The support for Shikari on that stage could be really strong.

I'm going for something stronger now such as:

Enter Shikari / Good Charlotte / Pierce The Veil / Lower Than Atlantis / Four Year Strong / Deaf Havana / State Champs / Creeper

leeds arena for main stage ?! or is it ... I reckon it should replace the O2 academy stage, because lets face it the que to get in that for some bands is ridiculous !

alot of bands seem to be touring just before (well 2-3 months) who id like to see at SDF 17- the wonder years, the hotelier, taking back sunday, touche amore, state champs, underoath, FYS, beartooth (granted that's December)

have they given any reason why its been moved to Sunday ? (no complaints = cheaper hotel)

Edited by theshapeofpunktocome123

34 minutes ago, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

leeds arena for main stage ?! that's decent ...

alot of bands seem to be touring just before (well 2-3 months) who id like to see at SDF 17- the wonder years, the hotelier, taking back sunday, touche amore, state champs, underoath, FYS, beartooth (granted that's December)

have they given any reason why its been moved to Sunday ? (no complaints = cheaper hotel)

Adam Ant is booked to play Leeds arena on the Saturday which I'm guessing is the reason it's been moved to Sunday.
Sunday works so much better for me anyways!

I'd love so many of them to play but not sure the likelihood with them being over here not long before the festival?
And Underoath and currently doing the whole Rebirth tour so I don't think they'll side track from that especially seeing as that tour has a Leeds date.
As do State Champs and The Wonder Years, all of these are hosted by Slam Dunk so not sure if that makes them less likely to play?

If State Champs did play though I could easily see them headline the pop punk stage, or maybe just under Neck Deep if they happen to turn up on the line up?

Edited by jcarb

26 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I'd love so many of them to play but not sure the likelihood with them being over here not long before the festival?
And Underoath and currently doing the whole Rebirth tour so I don't think they'll side track from that especially seeing as that tour has a Leeds date.
As do State Champs and The Wonder Years, all of these are hosted by Slam Dunk so not sure if that makes them less likely to play?

yeah ... hoping for good charlotte, while she sleeps, architects

wish they announced more bands tbh !

3 minutes ago, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

yeah ... hoping for good charlotte, while she sleeps, architects

wish they announced more bands tbh !

I really wish they'd announced more bands!
Although I'm pretty happy about ES and them playing TTTS as an exclusive set!
I'm just not exactly rushing to buy a ticket right now as I know just them alone can't sell out tickets.
Surely they can't wait a few weeks like they did last year for the next announced especially as they only announced the headliner.

I think Good Charlotte could definitely be in with a shout as sub for main stage, fill that kind of spot that New Found Glory played this year.
Though I could see them maybe just being a support for Blink when they come to tour?
As for Architects, I could easily see them headline the heavy stage.

Main: Enter shikari / Good charlotte / Deaf havana / Pvris / Boys like girls / Against the current / As it is

Metal: Parkway drive / While she sleeps / The devil wears prada / Beartooth / Attila

Pop punk: Simple plan / The wonder years / Modern baseball / Fenix tx / Knuckle puck / Waterparks / With confidence / Boston manor / Seaway

Punk / Ska: Streetlight manifesto / The skints / Zebrahead / The menzingers / Creeper

Hardcore punk: Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Sick of it all / Touche amore

3 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Main: Enter shikari / Good charlotte / Deaf havana / Pvris / Boys like girls / Against the current / As it is

Metal: Parkway drive / While she sleeps / The devil wears prada / Beartooth / Attila

Pop punk: Simple plan / The wonder years / Modern baseball / Fenix tx / Knuckle puck / Waterparks / With confidence / Boston manor / Seaway

Punk / Ska: Streetlight manifesto / The skints / Zebrahead / The menzingers / Creeper

Hardcore punk: Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Sick of it all / Touche amore

The Wonder Years can headline the Pop Punk stage easily, they wont sub. Also Parkway are touring in April so I don't see them coming back and Frank is touring in March so I don't think he'll be in high demand

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

The thing with Parkway Drive now is that I think they're too big to do anything other than headline. But would they ever be ballsy enough to have Parkway headline it?

Not out of the possibility if they're upgrading the stages (particularly at Leeds) but I'd say their April tour rules them out

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

Also about Leeds arena becoming a stage, the Facebook event seems to indicate that it's just upgrading one of the stages for a bigger capacity. Hasn't mentioned if it is replacing the main stage yet or not. Where did you see that it was the new main stage @Andre91 ?

I read it in the Rock Sound article that announced Shikari (I think it was that site!) It said that Leeds Arena is the main stage up north, the midlands site is expanding and the south date will have another outdoor stage. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I read it in the Rock Sound article that announced Shikari (I think it was that site!) It said that Leeds Arena is the main stage up north, the midlands site is expanding and the south date will have another outdoor stage. 

Alright then. I hope that's not the case as I don't fancy being forced into seats for any of the sets there but given Slam Dunk main track record I'm gonna say that I'm just gonna see Shikari there :P

But anyway, I got my ticket this morning, was a but annoying as See tickets was always busy with blink (was gonna go for this but other things were announced) and Robbie going on sale at the same time. Now to get Four Year Strong tickets in less than an hour :lol:

Edited by justanothername

I've read a few places that Leeds arena is the new mainstage and that Birmingham mainstage is going to be in the NEC?
Not sure of the situation on South, not sure how it'll work out at other sites but sounds pretty ideal in Leeds!

No way are Parkway coming back that soon especially with a Leeds date a month before and asking for £28 per ticket and the festival being £44? 
Guessing that could probably strike the idea of Asking Alexandria if anyone was predicting that also? with them supporting Parkway.

Still holding out for a shit load of full album appearances, just so my teenage self can die inside aha!
Four Year Strong (unlikely with a tour just being announced, but the tour is 'European takeover: Part 1' be happy if they came around and gave me the chance to see Rise or Die Trying twice)
Set Your Goals (touring Mutiny! in the states)
Cute Is What We Aim For (touring Same old blood rush in the states)
Boys Like Girls (touring self titled in the states)
All would fit very nicely on the lineup seeing as they've all played before

Does anyone know the actual situation with Shikaris set too? I've seen articles saying they're playing it in full and others saying they're not playing it in full.
If it's just songs from that era then The Feast better be thrown in there!

Edited by jcarb