Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be surprised to see that happen as Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are quite big for the festival. I can't see them having thaaaat amazing a lineup this year as Download seem to have pinched a hell of a lot of the bands they would usually go for. 

This year seems to rest at the moment on the draw of Shikari and appealing to the more old school Slam Dunk faithful, which was always the scene kids who loved shit Myspace bands like Cute Is What We Aim For and We The Kings, as well as the ska punk crowd into Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake etc. 

53 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Would be surprised to see that happen as Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are quite big for the festival. I can't see them having thaaaat amazing a lineup this year as Download seem to have pinched a hell of a lot of the bands they would usually go for. 

This year seems to rest at the moment on the draw of Shikari and appealing to the more old school Slam Dunk faithful, which was always the scene kids who loved shit Myspace bands like Cute Is What We Aim For and We The Kings, as well as the ska punk crowd into Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake etc. 

I wouldn't go to see WTK or CIWWAF, but LTJ also isn't enough to get me there.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'm hoping for Modern Baseball, Joyce Manor, The Interrupters and some decent heavier bands. 

Modern Baseball still have a tour to sell, can't see them being in this announcement but i can definitely see them being at SD.

Personally I'm hoping for letlive., Boston Manor and Can't Swim for this announcement.

I'm hoping for letlive to headline what was the key club stage last year.

or maybe the wonder years with letlive right below them. 

Id expect creeper will probably be there again too as their album will be out end of march. 

Marmozets on main too if the albums ready for then. 

Edit - milk teeth and puppy are both supporting creeper on their tour and is me shocked if they weren't there somewhere too. Puppy on fresh blood, Milk teeth opening main maybe?

Edited by lightning1000

On 03/01/2017 at 4:57 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Knuckle Puck won't be there if they're at Download. Touché Amore are at Download Spain, so every chance they get added to Download UK after their tour. Would be surprised if Moose Blood played it 3 years in a row. 

I said Knuckle Puck as I thought Download shared a few with Slam Dunk but had a look at last years and it was only The Amity Affliction that played both :lol: . Anyway sharing one band is better than none so I've got my hopes up :P . Didn't know Touche at Spain which is a shame but I'm probably going to see them on this tour (and probably Download at this rate) and I know you've said this about Moose Blood but I reckon they're still within a chance especially after Blush has come out. They're grown at lot bigger since 2015 and gained some momentum from last year however after all this mention of Download has made me realise that they're probably more likely that they're going to play there instead.

On 03/01/2017 at 6:01 PM, Andre91 said:

I'm hoping for Modern Baseball, Joyce Manor, The Interrupters and some decent heavier bands. 

Joyce Manor would be great (even though Cody wasn't the best

23 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It's so fucking great that I can genuinely comment "but what if Download have booked The Wonder Years". What a time to be alive. 

Yeah. With the way DL is going for me it looks like I'm going to have to be there which is kind of annoying as I've got no money so I'd rather have them at SD :P 

Also gonna throw some more names that I want to see. Title Fight haven't been over here for a while and I'm still waiting to see them live so they'd be lovely and Turnover would be fantastic however I've been told that they're been booked for Groezrock and going to tour in the UK in April instead which would clearly rule them out but never say never.

9 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Anyone else think Zebrahead could slot into that Bowling for Soup/Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish thing? The Facebook implies they're all playing together, and I reckon Zebrahead would make a cracking addition to that.

Also, Crossfaith please.

Zebrahead have played the last 2 years haven't they? 

Edit- just checked and yeah they have. Can't see them playing 3 years in a row

Edited by lightning1000

I'd love the mainstage to be all British bands with how exciting it is at the moment. Keep the pop punk etc on he other stages. Something like:

Enter Shikari

Architects

Skindred

Marmozets

Black Peaks

Creeper

Milk Teeth

never going to happen for various reasons but I think they've missed a trick as this year is shaping up to be worse than 15 & 16 for me. 

Is Skindred likely? Crossfaith on main stage would give me food for thought I think. I'm not minding the lineup so far, especially considering there's a shitload to go, and I absolutely loved the look of last year's. Depending on what shift I'm doing, I'll seriously consider doing one of the dates this year if they can do similar.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

@justanothername did you not enjoy Cody? I love it. That opening one two of Fake I.D. and Eighteen is the stuff dreams are made of :P 

Architects are a UK Festival exclusive at R&L so they won't be there. 

I think Don Broco are Shikari's sub, anyway. 

Oh I know. That wasn't a prediction, it was just what I thought would be an amazing main stage 

2 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

That wouldn't be a particularly great Main Stage for Slam Dunk though. 

All those bands (maybe not skindred) can easily play slam dunk, they're just usually on the smaller stages. Just thing it'd be cool to actually put the best music on the main stage for a change. It's wishful thinking and nothing more 

On 06/01/2017 at 9:12 AM, Andre91 said:

@justanothername did you not enjoy Cody? I love it. That opening one two of Fake I.D. and Eighteen is the stuff dreams are made of :P 

Architects are a UK Festival exclusive at R&L so they won't be there. 

I think Don Broco are Shikari's sub, anyway. 

I listened to it again recently and while it was better than I remember it is no where near as good as the self titled album (can't think of a song I don't love on that one) or Never Hungover Again. I'd say that Cody is probably their worst album, most of the charm and energy from them has gone and it's not doing it for me. Would definitely love to see them despite that and Fake ID is a great song.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:13 AM, lightning1000 said:

Zebrahead have played the last 2 years haven't they? 

Edit- just checked and yeah they have. Can't see them playing 3 years in a row

Really? Cause that's already happened. They played 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Zebrahead keep bringing in the crowds, they do incredibly well. Filled up the parking lot last year in Birmingham and had way more people there than the headliners of that stage and were the first band to have to have doors closed at Wulfrun in 2015 cause the room was overflowing.