Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

38 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Blink are big yes but alongside an arena tour their demand would be reduced a lot, you act as if Slam Dunk wouldn't accept Blink as a headliner alongside an arena tour?

Ofcourse they would and Why would Blink reject more money?

ADTR are big but wouldn't be doing any other shows around then, if Blink with an arena tour the week after are too big then so are ADTR with no other shows.

Slam Dunk couldn't afford Blink! They aren't playing it :lol: 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Slam Dunk couldn't afford Blink! They aren't playing it :lol: 

Well if Blink were offered extra money on top of their arena tour you think they'd turn it down?

They don't need to pay full Blink prices because of the arena tour.

I don't think they are but there's still a possibility.

''BIG headliner'' means to me someone bigger than the previous years, which Enter Shikari and Brand New don't fit into. ADTR maybe but they'd likely play Reading or Download.

4 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Obviously but ADTR aren't going to be doing an arena tour the week after are they you imbecile, i clearly said that.

I never said ADTR are going to be lol, where do you get your shit from lol? All I said was Blink are massively bigger.....and you are calling me the imbecile after suggesting an easily selling out arena band for Slam Dunk....LOL

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I never said ADTR are going to be lol, where do you get your shit from lol? All I said was Blink are massively bigger.....and you are calling me the imbecile after suggesting an easily selling out arena band for Slam Dunk....LOL

I said alongside an arena tour, for the third time, you must have a very tough time reading to only take in half of what people say.

10 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Well blinks announcement is Sunday and the slam dunk headliner is Wednesday. So we can all stop arguing now right?

So it's impossible for Blink to announce an arena tour on Sunday then be announced for Slam Dunk on Wednesday?

i don't think it's Blink but I do think that there is a chance it could be them.

Pretty sure it'll be Shikari

No chance it's blink. They're not playing 3 dates at Slam Dunk in late May, touring over Europe for Euro Fests etc and then coming back to do a UK Arena tour in July. 

5SOS too big in theory but they're never gonna get booked for R/L or Download. If they wanna play an alternative festival in the UK which they may fancy, then has to be Slam Dunk. Would go down fine as those muppets at Kerrang and Rock Sound have let the kids think 5SOS are rock music for years. 

Only niggle is the reduced alcohol sales from a younger crowd. 

28 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

No chance it's blink. They're not playing 3 dates at Slam Dunk in late May, touring over Europe for Euro Fests etc and then coming back to do a UK Arena tour in July. 

5SOS too big in theory but they're never gonna get booked for R/L or Download. If they wanna play an alternative festival in the UK which they may fancy, then has to be Slam Dunk. Would go down fine as those muppets at Kerrang and Rock Sound have let the kids think 5SOS are rock music for years. 

July dates were a placeholder, never actually booked.

5SOS aren't playing, they simply would not be booked.

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BLINK-182 AREN'T PLAYING SLAM FUCKING DUNK. JESUS. 

More chance than ADTR have seeing as they haven't even managed to sell out their tour. You don't think that Slam Dunk would take Blink despite an arena tour? Even if Blink did 10 dates on an Arena tour Slam Dunk would still have them. 

Youre also missing the fucking point, I said I think it's Shikari, you're about as literate as Gazza.

Just now, Gozpot said:

More chance than ADTR have seeing as they haven't even managed to sell out their tour. You don't think that Slam Dunk would take Blink despite an arena tour? Even if Blink did 10 dates on an Arena tour Slam Dunk would still have them. 

Youre also missing the fucking point, I said I think it's Shikari, you're about as literate as Gazza.

Then stop going on about Blink playing when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that they aren't even close to being a feasible booking for the festival. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Then stop going on about Blink playing when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that they aren't even close to being a feasible booking for the festival. 

Why is it not feasible?

Do you not think a Pop Punk festival would go after one of the biggest pop punk bands of all time?

Do you not think they would be trying to expand as a festival?

Do you not think that Slam Dunk would gamble by rapidly expanding to Blink?

Slam Dunk would break the bank for a shot at Blink and Blink doing an arena tour alongside would certainly make them a cheaper booking then before.

Unlikely yes but Slam Dunk is clearly an ambitious festival with the bookings over the last few years so what's to say they don't push it one step further?

14 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Here's what I'm thinking:

Main: A day to remember / Neck deep / Deaf havana / The wonder years / State champs / Against the current / As it is

2nd pop punk stage: Good charlotte / Pvris / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Waterparks / With confidence / Boston manor / Seaway

Metalcore stage: While she sleeps / The devil wears prada / Beartooth

Punk / Ska punk stage: Streetlight manifesto / The skints / Zebrahead / The menzingers / Creeper

Hardcore punk stage: Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Sick of it all / Touche amore

That's a very possible line up. I'd probably be sending most of my time at the second stage

It won't be ADTR, their tour hasn't sold out anywhere and all dates have standing tickets available, they would hold off announcing them for longer if that was the case so they could sell more tickets.

Enter Shikari is what I'm going with, maybe Brand New as their tour with Biffy is almost sold out except a few seated tickets

8 hours ago, Gozpot said:

You have 3 people here telling you that it's a silly idea and suggestion, someone even needed to use CAPITALS to try and get it to sink in.....not sure you can be calling anyone. I'm not sure if now you are actually trying to wind up and piss others off for the sake of it lol, it wouldn't be a shock tbh!

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You have 3 people here telling you that it's a silly idea and suggestion, someone even needed to use CAPITALS to try and get it to sink in.....not sure you can be calling anyone. I'm not sure if now you are actually trying to wind up and piss others off for the sake of it lol, it wouldn't be a shock tbh!

One is you, one thinks 5SOS are headlining and the other thinks it's ADTR.

Really think its the most reliable bunch?

Blink are more likely than 5SOS and if Blink do an arena tour the week after they are as likely as ADTR are at this point.

Ive never once said I think it will be Blink. I just think you have to be stupid to think that Slam Dunk wouldn't do everything in their power to try and make it happen, which means there is a small chance, which is all I've ever been saying, yet you don't seem to understand how to properly read a full post.

If Slam Dunk could book 5 Seconds of Summer they'd do so in a heartbeat. Whether you like it or not, and I certainly don't, they're absolutely massive with the target audience because Kerrang, Rock Sound and Alternative Press have accepted them as part of the community out of self gain. No reason for Slam Dunk not to do the same. 

12 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I presume they want the big fat paychecks more