West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

I'm pretty made up with The Jacksons for headliner #1, and it seems like there's a vast sea of peachy possibilities for the other two; Bjork, A Tribe Called Quest, Chance, Bonobo, Justice, Miss Grace, they'd all be must-sees for me. How about Soulwax as a contender? Wouldn't be as big news as the others for me, because it looks pretty much certain I'll be at Blue Dot, but I've never seen them live and they're highly regarded, with a lot of killer material under their belt. Tbh I wouldn't know what to expect from their live shows, but all of their albums are brilliant.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm pretty made up with The Jacksons for headliner #1, and it seems like there's a vast sea of peachy possibilities for the other two; Bjork, A Tribe Called Quest, Chance, Bonobo, Justice, Miss Grace, they'd all be must-sees for me. How about Soulwax as a contender? Wouldn't be as big news as the others for me, because it looks pretty much certain I'll be at Blue Dot, but I've never seen them live and they're highly regarded, with a lot of killer material under their belt. Tbh I wouldn't know what to expect from their live shows, but all of their albums are brilliant.

Been listening to Bonono today. He/She/They just sound like lift music to me. I could have it on in the background while watching the cricket on a lovely summers day. Not really the thing to get your pulse racing for a headline set at a festival imo.

54 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Been listening to Bonono today. He/She/They just sound like lift music to me. I could have it on in the background while watching the cricket on a lovely summers day. Not really the thing to get your pulse racing for a headline set at a festival imo.

Can see why without being massive into it that opinion might be formed, but the 2014 Sunday sub on west Holts was (I thought) pretty special. It's a full band, not just Simon Green, who is Bonobo

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Do we know whether the Jacksons are definitely playing the Saturday night?

Edited by nickharley

3 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

Can see why without being massive into it that opinion might be formed, but the 2014 Sunday sub on west Holts was (I thought) pretty special. It's a full band, not just Simon Green, who is Bonobo

I am just randomly selecting stuff off festival line ups at the minute to see if anything tickles my fancy.

It was pleasent enough but it just struck me as background music. Would not go as far as saying it was pretensious, yet it was instantly forgetable.

It was definitely not the type of music I would like to listen to from a headline act.

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope, nothing at all.

I think it's quite possible tho, if Jay is willing to take the small-ish Glasto fees - which I suspect he's probably not, based on the little I know of how he can be a tight-arse when he has time to think about it and very generous when he doesn't.

He seems lovely...

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

He seems lovely...

a friend of a friend was in the band.

He was paid shit, because Jay is a tight-arse ... but then when Jay was asked for help with a few quid, Jay first told him to fuck off, but later apologised with a new car.

Matey still didn't have the money to pay his gas bill. :lol:

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a friend of a friend was in the band.

He was paid shit, because Jay is a tight-arse ... but then when Jay was asked for help with a few quid, Jay first told him to fuck off, but later apologised with a new car.

Matey still didn't have the money to pay his gas bill. :lol:

Ha, what is his obsession with cars?!

Neil, do you have any info about Bootsy playing? Someone posted on this thread that he's doing a one off London date near the festival (Friday 23rd june)- I love all the P-Funk stuff, so would be delighted if he played, although as I am currently ticketless, it might be best if he doesn't!

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Neil, do you have any info about Bootsy playing? Someone posted on this thread that he's doing a one off London date near the festival (Friday 23rd june)- I love all the P-Funk stuff, so would be delighted if he played, although as I am currently ticketless, it might be best if he doesn't!

no idea, soz.

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm maybe misremembering it, but I'm fairly sure he self confirmed a few years back, only to no show.  Maybe it was a radio interview and he basically nodded along withit without realising what he was actually agreeing to.....

We've all done that ;) 

I was surprised he's done a few gigs the past few years as last I'd heard he quit touring due to drug issues and the temptation, then many years later tried touring again but quit for the same reasons. 

23 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I can see this happening too. Too big for Park headliner these days and I've been predicting him to headline JP but WH seems like a better fit. 

I don't think he's too big for Park headliner at all tbh. if there was nothing else on, then sure, but up against other headliners I don't think he'd get a bigger crowd than the likes of Grimes, Jamie xx, Four Tet, Jon Hopkins, SFA, Ryan Adams, Spiritualized or Metronomy who have been there in the last few years.