Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

4 hours ago, gunther Mickey said:

According to the programmer of the Mainsquare festival, Twenty one pilots won't be in Europe in July. It sucks.

I heard something similar. Apparently Lollapalooza Paris was also trying to get them but in the end, it didn't happen. I think those few American festivals will be the last ones on their tour and we won't see them in Europe this summer. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going this year with 3 other friends.

Sadly, we booked a hostel in Brussels assuming we'd have public transportation back after the last headliner has finished..

We are now aware that there aren't any trains after midnight.

What would you guys say would be the best way for us to go back to Brussels? Would it be easier to book a taxi and pick us up at the festival site? Or from Leuven where the shuttle drops us?

Is care share widely used around the festival time? 

Any tips appreciated :)

If not, it'll be partying hard until 4 am!

1 hour ago, nmarquesantos said:

I'll be going this year with 3 other friends.

Sadly, we booked a hostel in Brussels assuming we'd have public transportation back after the last headliner has finished..

We are now aware that there aren't any trains after midnight.

What would you guys say would be the best way for us to go back to Brussels? Would it be easier to book a taxi and pick us up at the festival site? Or from Leuven where the shuttle drops us?

Is care share widely used around the festival time? 

Any tips appreciated :)

If not, it'll be partying hard until 4 am!

Find another hostel or camp. I can't see it being worth the effort of commuting to and from Brussels everyday.

2 hours ago, nmarquesantos said:

I couldn't find a closer hostel. they are too expensive

Camping is out of question unfortunately.

The day journey is ok, train is quite fast

From what locals and regulars have posted it's very difficult to get back to Brussels after the festival. Couple of options suppose are hiring a car if there's a few of you and taking turns at driving each day or try and book taxis to meet you at a specific location each night. I've no idea how taxis operate in Belgium so that might be tricky

3 hours ago, nmarquesantos said:

I couldn't find a closer hostel. they are too expensive

Camping is out of question unfortunately.

The day journey is ok, train is quite fast

@nmarquesantos

There's no taxidriver that will come near to the festival because of traffic-problems and difficulty in finding a meeting point, because Werchter is located an one main road in a village, not a town. If you succeed in having a cabdriver come up to you after the festival and "close" to the festival, changes are huge he'll get stuck in traffic caused by the one-day-festivalvisitors trying to leave the parkings and you'll have to pay a huge amount for the "ride". 

Same problem with renting a car. wouldn't want to be in your place and having to drive away from the festivalparking every night, at walkingpace.

Walking to the bus every night, 15-20min. ride onthe bus to Leuven central, (trying to) grab a cab which will surely cost minimal 50-60€ per night to get you to Brussels,...

Honestly, (try to) cancel your hostel in Brussel, look for something in Leuven. The time and money you'll spend / loose trying to get into Brussels every night.... 

Edited by DaveRSV4

5 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

@nmarquesantos

There's no taxidriver that will come near to the festival because of traffic-problems and difficulty in finding a meeting point, because Werchter is located an one main road in a village, not a town. If you succeed in having a cabdriver come up to you after the festival and "close" to the festival, changes are huge he'll get stuck in traffic caused by the one-day-festivalvisitors trying to leave the parkings and you'll have to pay a huge amount for the "ride". 

Same problem with renting a car. wouldn't want to be in your place and having to drive away from the festivalparking every night, at walkingpace.

Walking to the bus every night, 15-20min. ride onthe bus to Leuven central, (trying to) grab a cab which will surely cost minimal 50-60€ per night to get you to Brussels,...

Honestly, (try to) cancel your hostel in Brussel, look for something in Leuven. The time and money you'll spend / loose trying to get into Brussels every night.... 

I've tried to find anything in Leuven but I've got no luck :(

Everything is above 1000 euros in booking.com

4 minutes ago, nmarquesantos said:

I've tried to find anything in Leuven but I've got no luck :(

Everything is above 1000 euros in booking.com

@nmarquesantos

Is the Hive Resort not an option for you? You can rent a tent including matrasses, parkingspot,...

463€ for 4 persons. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

6 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

@nmarquesantos

Is the Hive Resort not an option for you? You can rent a tent including matrasses, parkingspot,...

463€ for 4 persons. 

where is that option? I couldn't find it!

edit: found it :) I had only looked for the other tent packages.

anyone has any idea how the tent looks like?

my only worry is the humidity

Edited by nmarquesantos

7 minutes ago, nmarquesantos said:

where is that option? I couldn't find it!

edit: found it :) I had only looked for the other tent packages.

anyone has any idea how the tent looks like?

my only worry is the humidity

The teepees look exactly like these :D 

image.jpeg

Just now, nmarquesantos said:

But aren't those the most expensive ones?

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/camping-the-hive-resort

Looking here those cost 900 and they are sold out already

I don't know, these are the teepees (and the lodges I think on the left).

Don't know the prices since I stayed in my own tent, but if you want I did some pictures of the all Hive Resort.

3 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Are The Chainsmokers really big enough to close the main stage? Just looking back at the past 3 years I don't think they are anywhere near the same size as Disclosure, Chemical Brothers or Skrillex. I'd say Klub C headliner might be about right

That'd honestly be such a downgrade.. I hope they play in Klub C

@nmarquesantos: i would try to write to Malon Hotel or La Royale, these are Hotels at the station in Leuven and sometimes they have rooms available which you don't see on booking.com....

last year i missed the last shuttle from the Festival to the Station and managed to get a taxi. this did cost me 50euro from the Festival to the Station. Heavy traffic all around... Staying in Brussels isn't a good idea I think...