Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, SDNL said:

So at this stage which bands would you guys say are likely to play RW? The predictions keep me entertained between announcements. :)

Elbow, Bastille, Pixies, Major Lazer, Mo, Lukas Graham, Warpaint, Prophets of Rage, Justice, Moderat, Bazart, Bon Iver, The XX, The Lumineers, Phoenix, Solange, Fleet Foxes, Biffy Clyro, Nathaniel Rateliff, ...

These are all between highly likely and certainties imo.

Edited by Dietediet

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Elbow, Bastille, Pixies, Major Lazer, Mo, Lukas Graham, Warpaint, Prophets of Rage, Justice, Moderat, Bazart, Bon Iver, The XX, The Lumineers, Phoenix, Solange, Fleet Foxes, Biffy Clyro, Nathaniel Rateliff, ...

Already announced somewhere in Europe: American Football, Aphex Twin, Belle & Sebastian, Birdy, De La Soul, Flaming Lips, Frank Ocean, G-Eazy, Imagine Dragons, Liam Gallagher, Mac Miller, Metronomy, Pet Shop Boys, Primus, Rancid, Run The Jewels, The Hives, The Kills

56 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Already announced somewhere in Europe: American Football, Aphex Twin, Belle & Sebastian, Birdy, De La Soul, Flaming Lips, Frank Ocean, G-Eazy, Imagine Dragons, Liam Gallagher, Mac Miller, Metronomy, Pet Shop Boys, Primus, Rancid, Run The Jewels, The Hives, The Kills

Yeah I tried to limit myself to acts that I really see as a certainty for Werchter. A lot of the bands you mention seem more likely for Dour, Les Ardentes, Cactus Festival, ... Although Imagine Dragons and Liam Gallagher could also be added to the really likely list.

3 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

I don't think they have announced any dates and having been touring the last couple of years. So I doubt it

Sure they did, July in Czech republic at Colours of Ostrava and some fest in Switzerland mentioned by @DiscothequeDave on one of those pages

21 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Elbow, Pixies, Warpaint, POR, Bon Iver, The XX, Fleet Foxes and Biffy would great additions.

14 minutes ago, nickybu said:

So are AF/KoL co-headlining or is there still one headliner to be announced?

The most logical would be that they are coheadlining. There is a (quite probable) possibility of an electronic act after them. Nevertheless I don't remember in recent years an edition where all the headliners were announced in November, but it seems that it's the case this year... We can maybe expect a surprise...

Technically Radiohead was announced in October.

No, this certainly isn't a typical year. Very early announcements by most festivals, including a shocking one by Primavera Sound, which dropped Wednesday almost 200 acts at once approx. two months ahead of schedule.

Still, there's no reason to expect more actual headliners in Werchter. Strong names? Sure, but most likely 1-2 party acts.

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

The most logical would be that they are coheadlining. There is a (quite probable) possibility of an electronic act after them. Nevertheless I don't remember in recent years an edition where all the headliners were announced in November, but it seems that it's the case this year... We can maybe expect a surprise...

I think someone really wants that best festival and best line-up award. I guess the surprise you're talking about is a certainty as I doubt they've given out all their aces.

14 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

I think someone really wants that best festival and best line-up award. I guess the surprise you're talking about is a certainty as I doubt they've given out all their aces.

Maybe it's a huge electronic act or rap act to close thursday night... Someone like Eminem... Which electronic acts and rap acts are headline-sized in Belgium ? 

Why are you so certain that we'll have a dance-act closing the Thursday? There has been a dance-act closing the Thursday for the last few years but those years we've only had one headliner. Now we have two I can't see there is time for an act after them. I can't remember where they had co-headlining set AND a dance-act the same night. If AF is only a sub to KoL then I can see it happening, otherwise I think we'll only see a dance-act in the Barn that night.....

...but I have been wrong before so...... :P 

28 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Why are you so certain that we'll have a dance-act closing the Thursday? There has been a dance-act closing the Thursday for the last few years but those years we've only had one headliner. Now we have two I can't see there is time for an act after them. I can't remember where they had co-headlining set AND a dance-act the same night. If AF is only a sub to KoL then I can see it happening, otherwise I think we'll only see a dance-act in the Barn that night.....

...but I have been wrong before so...... :P 

According to the position of the pictures in the line up section of the website, I'd say that KOL is playing before AF.