Car park conditions updates

pie_and_a_pint

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been to car to put my gear in...

Pink 52-58 have cars parked in water all around them and the mud at the end of the rows in past wheel arches in some places.

We opted to leave before it got any worse and I had push the car out and we watched 10 cars be towed out by tracker from 55b.

It's going to be manic!

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Went to purple today to load car and in places very churned up but not many people leaving yet. I will be leaving tonight so will report later

Thanks - that'll be appreciated. Can't leave till afternoon on Monday due to shifts but equally can't stay till Tuesday due to work. 

3 hours ago, PurpleFire said:

Pink 52-58 have cars parked in water all around them and the mud at the end of the rows in past wheel arches in some places.

We opted to leave before it got any worse and I had push the car out and we watched 10 cars be towed out by tracker from 55b.

It's going to be manic!

We are in pink 51... :o

We left this afternoon after seeing how bad the car parks were when dropping off the gear. Missed a few bands we wanted to see but didn't want to be travelling for 12 hours again

My car had to be towed up a hill by a tractor then some nice lads helped me further down the hell.

its going to mayhem tonight and tomorrow. Good luck all.

3 hours ago, PurpleFire said:

It's going to be manic!

Jesus I'm in 54

3 minutes ago, sinhala said:

They shouldn't be charging - that's naughty - they are on wages. If you choose to tip them that's a different matter.

My mate jumped out to have a word with the bloke and he came back and told me it was a fiver, so not sure how the conversation went I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Thanks - that'll be appreciated. Can't leave till afternoon on Monday due to shifts but equally can't stay till Tuesday due to work. 

Purple pretty bad. Lots of abandoned cars, some very stuck. I had parked next to tracks but some tw*ts moved their cars and made my route out very tight so ended up going another way and getting stuck. Thankfully as member of AA got towed out by them. They did say that there would be 50 tractors there from 6am ish in morning to help

Also if you have a towing eye for your car make sure you get it out boot before you load up (thankfully I had)

27 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Hate to make you panic but I was in there and required towing out! There was a £5 charge so make sure you have it handy :)

Not panicking...but thanks for letting me know.   Was it fairly busy when you left still?

Glastonbury Ultimate Towing Tractors

20 June at 13:18 ·

We are very sad to announce that Glastonbury Ultimate Towing tractors will no longer be in attendance at the festival.We have thoroughly enjoyed the many years we have provided young farmers from Wells and Glastonbury YFC to drive the tow tractors & help with movement around site and we are grateful for the funds to our carnival club that it provided. Sadly we were informed this year that we were no longer necessary, this is not only a blow for our members that loved attending the festival & being a part of this fantastic event but also to our carnival club which has now lost its main source of funding & will most likely have to fold.
We want to wish everyone attending this year our best wishes, have a fantastic time & good luck with the weather. Thank you Glastonbury festival for giving us the opportunity to work for you we had a blast whilst it lasted!

https://www.facebook.com/WellsAndGlastonburyYfc/

5 minutes ago, haznutuk said:

Glastonbury Ultimate Towing Tractors

20 June at 13:18 ·

We are very sad to announce that Glastonbury Ultimate Towing tractors will no longer be in attendance at the festival.We have thoroughly enjoyed the many years we have provided young farmers from Wells and Glastonbury YFC to drive the tow tractors & help with movement around site and we are grateful for the funds to our carnival club that it provided. Sadly we were informed this year that we were no longer necessary, this is not only a blow for our members that loved attending the festival & being a part of this fantastic event but also to our carnival club which has now lost its main source of funding & will most likely have to fold.
We want to wish everyone attending this year our best wishes, have a fantastic time & good luck with the weather. Thank you Glastonbury festival for giving us the opportunity to work for you we had a blast whilst it lasted!

https://www.facebook.com/WellsAndGlastonburyYfc/

Hopefully they will be called in on emergency rates this year, and will have their contract renewed for next year.