• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, it's for kids of any age - tho please be respectful that it is a place for kids, so best avoided when you're flying off your tits. :P

It's a really lovely and colourful field, and it's worth strolling round just to take it in and see a field of happy kids.

</warning: might be a bit biased cos he used to work in there :P >

Not biased, Neil. Spot on.

The Kidz Field is fantastic.

My 2 eldest were 8 and 10 the first year I took them to Glastonbury (having been the 3 years consecutively after). 

Our plan was always:

From when we wake up until 2pm they had to decide - agree with each other - what we did / saw.

From 2pm until 7pm all three of us had to unanimously agree what we saw / did.

After 7pm I decided.

Worked well.

BUT: although they were at the age where they were trying / pretending to be 'grown up' they wanted to go to the Kidz field every morning / day!

Glorious, beautiful place!

Face painting, hair braiding, then hair braiding lessons for Dads!, rock wall climbing, adventure playgrounds, magicians, CBBC characters (never saw Bodger's meltdown, sadly), flag-making (small flags!), stories, performers, music, a gyroscope ride...and such colours! 

Most of my favourite personal photos of Glastonbury were taken there.

Stunning place.

And to think Neil worked there!!!

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

My 2 eldest were 8 and 10 the first year I took them to Glastonbury (having been the 3 years consecutively after). 

Our plan was always:

From when we wake up until 2pm they had to decide - agree with each other - what we did / saw.

After 7pm I decided.

Worked well.

BUT: although they were at the age where they were trying / pretending to be 'grown up' they wanted to go to the Kidz field every morning / day!

Face painting, hair braiding, then hair braiding lessons for Dads!, rock wall climbing, adventure playgrounds, magicians, CBBC characters (never saw Bodger's meltdown, sadly), flag-making (small flags!), stories, performers, music, a gyroscope ride...and such colours! 

Stunning place.

We took ours to his first in 2000 and he/we were absolutely blown away by it, amazing place. 

I've had the same idea times wise with things to see and do, unfortunately i usually buckled and let them do what and see pretty much waht they've wanted.

Thankfully they're older and i do what the hell i want to nowadays :-) 

Just now, davidd said:

We took ours to his first in 2000 and he/we were absolutely blown away by it, amazing place. 

I've had the same idea times wise with things to see and do, unfortunately i usually buckled and let them do what and see pretty much waht they've wanted.

Thankfully they're older and i do what the hell i want to nowadays :-) 

Out of upvotez.

;-)

I had my own Bagpuss when I was little made for me for a very kindly lady who lived in our village, he was also a bit loose at the seams but, just like Emily, I loved him. Bagpuss secret set, what could be better......

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Glad to hear you can handle your drugs. You can't be one of today's kids. :P

Some festies have had stupidly tight "you have to have a kid with you to come in this field" thing, but I know it was the last thing in the world that Tony (who runs Kidz) wanted to do himself.

I've never been in the kids field, but when I did try around 2 or maybe 3 years ago they were defiantly only letting people in who had kids with them.

could this been done at certain times of the day? I think Dynamo or someone was due to be on. 

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

Our plan was always:

After 7pm I decided.

Worked well.

Stunning place.

Cheers for this post, been for the last 3 years but taking our kids for the first time this year.  This has given me some confidence that  every day isn't going to end in a meltdown and complaints of boredom.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Glad to hear you can handle your drugs. You can't be one of today's kids. :P

Some festies have had stupidly tight "you have to have a kid with you to come in this field" thing, but I know it was the last thing in the world that Tony (who runs Kidz) wanted to do himself.

Me and my mates got turned away for not having kids with us! We wanted to watch Rastamouse. And we were only 18 or 19 so essentially children anyway. 

41 minutes ago, joy114 said:

Cheers for this post, been for the last 3 years but taking our kids for the first time this year.  This has given me some confidence that  every day isn't going to end in a meltdown and complaints of boredom.

There is absolutely no need for kids to be bored at Glastonbury! Also take them to the craft field, the Circus, up to the Greenpeace field, skate park, pirate ship playground...OMG! Boredom? NAH!

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'd guess when the big acts are on, they have to have some sort of loose door policy.  It'd not be fair to have a load of kids having to wait to get in cos the field's getting full. 

Yeah, we were fine with it, obviously. Clearly children have to take priority in the designated children's area! I'd just assumed based on my one experience of trying to get into the Kidz Field that you did actually have to bring a child with you, because the guy on the gate looked at us so weirdly when he asked where our accompanying children were. We just wanted to watch Rastamouse!