stephos83

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, StePotts said:

Apart from the 5,000 or so people who go to Space every week for 3 months.....

This.

There is a reason why a massive variety of acts want to play with Carl Cox. What I love about him is the fact he will be on 4/5 times and play 4 or 5 very different sets. Other djs will play the same style (different tunes, but you catch my drift).

Ive watch Coxy play some sets which are absolute nails hard. Im 32, the problem I often have is the techno isnt hard enough. 

Cox not often has that problem. Ive seen him not hit the spot, but thats cos he mixes it up. 

I think he will be retiring soon, or at least slowing down anyway. From things Ive read. I think Space shutting is the endof an era for him, more than for anyone else other than the owners.

As it stands, Arcadia Sunday is how Im finishing my festival.

I have no interest in Pyramid- Coldplay or BMTH, LCD or Disclosure on the other. Not too fussed about EWF either. Unless the JP / Park throws up someone new or the Glade has Ozrics on, Arcadia sunday will do for me.

Close to camp, good line up. Will get there early too.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I was there on the Friday. The sound was no where near as poor as the tunes being played. Absolutely terrible music.

easty, I love you dearly and embrace our musical diversity! But given your declared passions, what in the name of baby jeysus were you doing at the spider on Friday?! Was that likely to have been your thing? Beyer, Pot and Plex were feckin' ace!

:)

Ben

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

I was there on the Friday. The sound was no where near as poor as the tunes being played. Absolutely terrible music.

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

easty, I love you dearly and embrace our musical diversity! But given your declared passions, what in the name of baby jeysus were you doing at the spider on Friday?! Was that likely to have been your thing? Beyer, Pot and Plex were feckin' ace!

Ben

Thought Beyer was so poor on the Friday, needs to realise it's not all about the big drops every 2 minutes

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I wanted to give it a try mate. Now I love electronic music but it has to have some soul and feeling to it.  Unfortunately the tunes they were playing was devoid of any. The people there were like robots, not a smile on their faces between them and not one single hand in the air. I understood there and then why kids take keatamine these days.

Not for me that kind of stuff. Thats not techno to me. Inner City is techno. The Detroit 3 managed to put a heart into machines. That stuff was just purely robotic.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I wanted to give it a try mate. Now I love electronic music but it has to have some soul and feeling to it.  Unfortunately the tunes they were playing was devoid of any. The people there were like robots, not a smile on their faces between them and not one single hand in the air. I understood there and then why kids take keatamine these days.

Not for me that kind of stuff. Thats not techno to me. Inner City is techno. The Detroit 3 managed to put a heart into machines. That stuff was just purely robotic.

In fact, I don't disagree easty. Like you, I love techno, and the best has a euphoric chord progression, within its minimalist structure. I like a lot of acid techno for that reason - nice and squelchy with some lush chord movements.

Last year's Friday Arcadia was amazing for me because (a) first ever 'big' night at Glastonbury (b) first time at Arcadia (c) somewhat off tits in a very happy, dancey way (d) GREAT sound right in the middle - almost enveloping, unbelievable clarity (d) met a lovely random guy and we danced for 2.5 hours non-stop. Heaven.

The music is vital, but it's also about the moment, I guess.

Ben

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

In fact, I don't disagree easty. Like you, I love techno, and the best has a euphoric chord progression, within its minimalist structure. I like a lot of acid techno for that reason - nice and squelchy with some lush chord movements.

Last year's Friday Arcadia was amazing for me because (a) first ever 'big' night at Glastonbury (b) first time at Arcadia (c) somewhat off tits in a very happy, dancey way (d) GREAT sound right in the middle - almost enveloping, unbelievable clarity (d) met a lovely random guy and we danced for 2.5 hours non-stop. Heaven.

The music is vital, but it's also about the moment, I guess.

Ben

Recommend someone on the line up this year that will take me out of my comfort zone. It will be far too easy for me to just go and listen to Shades Of Rhythm and the like, yet again. 

Does anyone else think sundays Arcadia headliner is the TBA? 2manyDJs was last years and they were the late addition.

I have a feeling it will be Norman Cook. Its very much a house music night and I think he could be the big name. Otherwise, if its someone not on the line up elsewhere - Im struggling a bit.

Has Daniel Avery done anything since that cracking Drone Logic album? Will he be playing his own stuff? Will it be like that? Somebody tell me it will. I love that album.

people moaning about the sound for arcadia, well, it's the way the glade etc are going too, you need to be inside the circle/hexagon/whatever of speakers, it reduces sound bleed (really important in somewhere like glastonbury where you have loads of sound systems in a relatively small area) and provides a better exprience for those in the circle and should reduce complaints from Pilton villagers/backstage crew etc

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Does anyone else think sundays Arcadia headliner is the TBA? 2manyDJs was last years and they were the late addition.

I have a feeling it will be Norman Cook. Its very much a house music night and I think he could be the big name. Otherwise, if its someone not on the line up elsewhere - Im struggling a bit.

No idea mate. The line ups this year have just highlighted how out of touch I am these days. I feel a bit sad that I am morphing into a 'it was better in my day' kind of guy. Never thought it would come to this.