Download 2017

Hart Attack

Avenged and Aerosmith were headliners in 2014 too weren't they? Wouldn't look great if they had those two again, could get away with it if they had a show stopper like Guns N Roses, Metallica or Green Day alongside them but not convinced any of those are doing it. 

System of a Down? Biffy? Tool if they fancy it? BMTH possibly? Not really sure who else there is. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Avenged and Aerosmith were headliners in 2014 too weren't they? Wouldn't look great if they had those two again, could get away with it if they had a show stopper like Guns N Roses, Metallica or Green Day alongside them but not convinced any of those are doing it. 

System of a Down? Biffy? Tool if they fancy it? BMTH possibly? Not really sure who else there is. 

If there was more trust put in other people instead of always choosing a huge band over promoting then the pool would be wider. It'll be dogshit like it was this year.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Green Day's lack of a Midlands date on their tour would seem odd to me if they're not at DL. Especially with them doing both Leeds and Manchester instead of just one of them + Birmingham.

Ehh, I don't really recall this ever being a thing with Download, ie. radius clauses and such. Slipknot played Birmingham the January before Download. I think Leeds is grabbing quite a few major acts nowadays because the arena is held in high regard.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If there was more trust put in other people instead of always choosing a huge band over promoting then the pool would be wider. It'll be dogshit like it was this year.

Tbf Rammstein, Maiden and Sabbath is pretty much spot on for Download's demographic. Not doing much to appeal to a younger audience, but you might as well milk the aging metalheads who will fork out loads of money more or less just for the headliners whilst you still can. Those bands aren't gonna be around forever and like it or not they'll sell more tickets than whatever band they bump up would.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Ehh, I don't really recall this ever being a thing with Download, ie. radius clauses and such. Slipknot played Birmingham the January before Download. I think Leeds is grabbing quite a few major acts nowadays because the arena is held in high regard.

Nah I didn't mean there'd be a clause or anything; just that I can't see why they wouldn't opt to play a date there unless they have another show planned in the area.

Yeah Leeds arena does well but surely not at the expense of Birmingham?

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah I didn't mean there'd be a clause or anything; just that I can't see why they wouldn't opt to play a date there unless they have another show planned in the area.

Yeah Leeds arena does well but surely not at the expense of Birmingham?

Yeah, I guess. I just always kinda thought that Manchester, London and a Scottish one are the bare minimum for fly-by arena tours and the lack of a Scottish one does kinda mean something whereas the lack of a Midlands one doesn't. Leeds, as I said, is one that's held in high regard so for the next couple of years it'll have big acts playing it while doing bugger all else, like Neil Young and Pearl Jam.

I still think they'll play Download but I just don't think this means anything. :P

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Sort of want Green Day to do BST just to see what kind of acts they would have underneath them there

Two very well sourced eFesters have said as much - one of them only does BST and has a 100% record with that - so it'll definitely be happening. As for the undercard... oh boy. Busted? Wheatus? Metro Station?

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, I guess. I just always kinda thought that Manchester, London and a Scottish one are the bare minimum for fly-by arena tours and the lack of a Scottish one does kinda mean something whereas the lack of a Midlands one doesn't. Leeds, as I said, is one that's held in high regard so for the next couple of years it'll have big acts playing it while doing bugger all else, like Neil Young and Pearl Jam.

I still think they'll play Download but I just don't think this means anything. :P

Yeah, I kinda see it as (just considering England):

1 stop - London

2 stops - London and Manchester

3 stops - London, Manchester and Birmingham

So just the fact their third date was another Northern one as opposed to Midlands made me think that.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Two very well sourced eFesters have said as much - one of them only does BST and has a 100% record with that - so it'll definitely be happening. As for the undercard... oh boy. Busted? Wheatus? Metro Station?

All Time Low or Panic! at the Disco is my guess!

Edited by Andre91

Aerosmith (Final UK Show) / Steel Panther / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost / Airbourne / Kvelertak / Lacuna Coil / Evil Scarecrow

Of Mice & Men / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Cancer Bats / As It Is 

The Dillinger Escape Plan

System Of A Down / Limp Bizkit / Lamb Of God / Jimmy Eat World / Hatebreed / Coheed and Cambria / Fear Factory / Sepultura / King 810

Panic! at the Disco / Pierce The Veil / Issues / Mayday Parade / Tonight Alive

Mayhem

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Stone Sour / Architects / Asking Alexandria / In Flames / Crossfaith / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Creeper

Within Temptation / Opeth / Against Me! / Sabaton / The Menzingers

Every Time I Die

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Aerosmith (Final UK Show) / Steel Panther / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost / Airbourne / Kvelertak / Lacuna Coil / Evil Scarecrow

Of Mice & Men / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Cancer Bats / As It Is 

The Dillinger Escape Plan

System Of A Down / Limp Bizkit / Lamb Of God / Jimmy Eat World / Hatebreed / Coheed and Cambria / Fear Factory / Sepultura / King 810

Panic! at the Disco / Pierce The Veil / Issues / Mayday Parade / Tonight Alive

Mayhem

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Stone Sour / Architects / Asking Alexandria / In Flames / Crossfaith / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Creeper

Within Temptation / Opeth / Against Me! / Sabaton / The Menzingers

Every Time I Die

And there is the moment you let Black Crow get inside you.....even the whole Download Forum think he's full of shit too. He was most likely one of the people full of shit on the Soni boards too.

42 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Fuck me that 2nd stage on the Saturday is horrific. Scary thing is I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those bands booked. 

Bar a couple of acts Friday 2nd and Saturday main the whole thing is horrific.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And there is the moment you let Black Crow get inside you.....even the whole Download Forum think he's full of shit too. He was most likely one of the people full of shit on the Soni boards too.

Bar a couple of acts Friday 2nd and Saturday main the whole thing is horrific.

Yes gazza. Whatever you say gazza. 

4 hours ago, emilyjmj said:

Deathbat projected at tube stations today - I reckon it's a Download teaser! 

IMG_3330.JPG

Just saw this on instagram, is this the only one or are they dotted around london? The other photo was embankment station.

I'd love for it to be a teaser (obviously it is for something) but what makes it a 'Download trailer'? Suppose announcement is due soon!!

I can't see what else it would be for - album wouldn't launch in London first, won't be a free show because they're not in the country until Jan... and Andy Copping liked this image on Instagram :). I think it was just Embankment and Camden. 

Also somebody on FB mentioned that this album turns 10 next year so they might be playing it in full, either on the tour or at Download. 

Edited by emilyjmj
Adding

Nah Download have never done anything like that to tease out their announcements and tend to stick to the same procedure regarding headliner reveals. And with all due respect, if they were to start putting mysterious projections up in public places they would have started off with someone that the general public is likely to know. Copping liking it is simply down to him promoting their upcoming tour.

Edited by dentalplan