Royal Blood
KoRn
At The Drive-In
Architects
Billy Talent 
While She Sleeps 
Against The Current
Creeper 

Something like that for Muse day? Apart from ATC that would be an incredible day. 

Fatboy Slim headlining NME opposite Muse I could see, too. 

Seems a fair shout, particularly as Muse are still supposedly in support of the "heavy" Drones.

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

Suspect royal blood might have passed on reading. Do a high slot at Glastonbury and a uk tour with reading next year?

Usually subs don't get announced so early. At least Fall Out Boy, alt-J, Kendrick and BMTH didn't.

If not though, I reckon they'll do the secret set then fully headline in '18.

20 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Hard to believe that people still worry about gender in 2017

Surely the ones who want female bands irrespective of genre are in the minority?

Quite simple for me,if I like the music I listen to it,if I don't I don't.

Gender plays no factor whatsoever 

3 hours ago, VCK said:

Sigh. Here we go.

Just had a look on that Crackintheroad twitter and it seems to be some sort of feminist account.

There's some scary women on there,yikes.

If I was going to a festival with them I'd be too scared to watch someone like Frank Turner or Korn, I'd have to watch Paramore instead ,ha ha.

30 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just had a look on that Crackintheroad twitter and it seems to be some sort of feminist account.

There's some scary women on there,yikes.

If I was going to a festival with them I'd be too scared to watch someone like Frank Turner or Korn, I'd have to watch Paramore instead ,ha ha.

Isn't Download even more male? Do the feminists moan about that as well or is it only sexist if it's a festival they want to go to?

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Surely the ones who want female bands irrespective of genre are in the minority?

I tried explaining this to someone on Twitter earlier who took issue with the fact there wasn't enough female artists announced, and got called a Nazi for it.

There are people on the left who are just as guilty as all the extreme right groups for allowing people's race, gender, sexuality, etc. influence their opinions on people.

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I should hope that people who want equality sure as shit aren't in the minority.

I see where you're coming from about liking a band because it sounds good to you rather than if there's a woman in the band or not and I think most people are like that.

It doesn't mean that a 57:1 male to female ratio is excusable. The festivals have the power to represent women more than the industry's current example, but the choice of the bookers to have this whole 'not my problem' attitude is reprehensible and pathetic. The playing field isn't level when they have an onus on booking bands with women, sure, but there have been decades of it being a man's game anyway and women in music not getting a chance so what's a few years of deliberately trying to balance it out?

And to anyone that's on about "the feminists" "moaning", you should cut that shit out. I would think it's human to want fair representation of people of any gender or race, and not something to belittle and dismiss as trivial.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I should hope that people who want equality sure as shit aren't in the minority.

I see where you're coming from about liking a band because it sounds good to you rather than if there's a woman in the band or not and I think most people are like that.

It doesn't mean that a 57:1 male to female ratio is excusable. The festivals have the power to represent women more than the industry's current example, but the choice of the bookers to have this whole 'not my problem' attitude is reprehensible and pathetic. The playing field isn't level when they have an onus on booking bands with women, sure, but there have been decades of it being a man's game anyway and women in music not getting a chance so what's a few years of deliberately trying to balance it out?

And to anyone that's on about "the feminists" "moaning", you should cut that shit out. I would think it's human to want fair representation of people of any gender or race, and not something to belittle and dismiss as trivial.

IMO it's more a reflection of the industry than R+L. I cant think of many female fronted bands that are that big. There are some rising stars (CHVRCHES, Fickle Friends, HAIM, Paramore, Florence + the Machine etc.) but a lot of the rock music that festivals like R+L like to support are male fronted (I can't think of many bands that could gheadline that have a female in). Personally I think R+L are just booking whoever is good and draws in a crowd, it's the industries/consumers fault that this doesn't include more female artists.

NOTE: This actually applies for most genres: rock, hip-hop, electronic etc.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO it's more a reflection of the industry than R+L. I cant think of many female fronted bands that are that big. There are some rising stars (CHVRCHES, Fickle Friends, HAIM, Paramore, Florence + the Machine etc.) but a lot of the rock music that festivals like R+L like to support are male fronted (I can't think of many bands that could gheadline that have a female in). Personally I think R+L are just booking whoever is good and draws in a crowd, it's the industries/consumers fault that this doesn't include more female artists.

NOTE: This actually applies for most genres: rock, hip-hop, electronic etc.

Yeah, I even mentioned about the industry because that's the common excuse but the festivals, venues, publications, etc. working in the industry should make a concerted effort to give more female representation. Holding their hands up and going "it's not our fault, it's the industry, we just try and sell tickets" is garbage because their festivals promote and dictate what's popular as well. The festival business isn't gonna grind to a halt because they try to make encouraging steps on equality.

And the bit about male-fronted/female-fronted; women can play whatever instrument, just as long as they're there. If anything they need to try and sort that out more so as even a fraction of the women on any line up are not singing so if the only role models of women in music are the front-person then the line up will still end up being 75%-80% male.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't say that people who want equality are in the minority, that is a deliberate twist on my words.

Equality to me (in context of festivals) means booking bands that are good,irrespective of gender, race, sexuality, etc.

At the moment, I don't know which band contains the lone female member.I want to keep it that way cos , to me, it doesn't matter.