Your ONE new discovery for GF2015

bennyhana22

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glass Animals and Todd Terje here! Been listening to their albums loads and can't wait to see 'em!

Anyone debating seeing Future Islands, I would highly reccommend doing so. Saw them at The Roundhouse recently, which was an awesome gig. Can see it being a Glastonbury 'moment'.

Just listened to Keston Cobblers Club on the back of this thread.

Lovely stuff, and on during one of the few gaps I had in my schedule early on Sunday.

Thanks Ben

My pleasure, SS - they really are bloody excellent, and my only obvious foray to Avalon, so I'm absolutely stoked about seeing them.

:)

Ben

My pleasure, SS - they really are bloody excellent, and my only obvious foray to Avalon, so I'm absolutely stoked about seeing them.

:)

Ben

Yeah I probably won't make it into Avalon all that often although I'm going to run over after Hot Chip to catch the second half of Lamb.

Might see if I can find a few more acts in Avalon on Sunday and spend half the day there

Kasai Allstars for me. Courtesy of BSR's playlist. I heard them and immediately knew I'd have to see them. They are a 25 piece collective from Democratic Republic of the Congo. 4pm Friday West Holts.

good shout.

this year i think i may be at West Holts even more than usual - and possibly all day on Friday!

I do know them, not seen them mentioned by anybody, doubt I'll miss the old brass and jazz feel they give out on Saturday afternoon  - Soil & Pimp Sessions - 

Edited by whisty

Mine has to be Sharon Van Eton, I hadn't heard of her before she was muted to be performing, again I think it was that font of all knowledge the Nal that introduced her and how could I not listen after he put me onto Emiliana Torrini last year.

Juck Juck Grunzie - female Korean psych band playing the Gully, Friday 1500, apparently also playing the Pussy Parlure on Thursday according to their tour dates.

This isn't bad. Definitely something to consider filling my desolate wasteland of a Friday with.

It also reminds me to start working through the Silver Hayes line up, so thanks.

If I had to name just one, it would be Balthazar, a Belgian band which is playing in La Pussy Parlure on Thursday night at 2am. In particular, their new album "Thin Walls" has lots of songs I'm looking forward to seeing in person, although from their older stuff I really like "Fifteen Floors" and "Do Not Claim Them Anymore" too.

And of course I should do the obligatory thanks to Brave Sir Robin, whose wonderful Spotify playlist I found them on, amongst many others.