Patti Smith

Terence99

I'm hoping she plays Saturday as ideally I'd like to finish off with the Chemical Brothers on Sunday.

Is there a reason she can't play Saturday do you know ?

No reason other than three nights in a row with a trek across countries in between shows is a bit of a pain in the arse, but Patti is immortal so there's nothing physically stopping her.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason other than three nights in a row with a trek across countries in between shows is a bit of a pain in the arse, but Patti is immortal so there's nothing physically stopping her.

Cheers. Looks like Sunday then. Not a problem at all to miss the Chems

She played the John Peel last time I saw her at Glastonbury and it was pretty rammed. Was hoping the rumours were true on the definite list for me.

if you mean in 1999 it was not called that at the time - it was renamed the John Peel Stage in 2004 it used to be called ' the new tent ' or ' The New Bands Tent '

1999Poster.jpg

I think she might be on the Pyramid.

Has anyone looked at the text version of the lineup on the Glastonbury site? Whilst it probably isn't in much order lower down, I think the first chunk is Pyramid from Foos to Patti and then Other Stage headliners/subs from Chems to Ben.

FOO FIGHTERS
KANYE WEST
SPECIAL GUESTS
FLORENCE & THE MACHINE
PHARRELL WILLIAMS
ALT-J
LIONEL RICHIE
MOTÖRHEAD
MARY J. BLIGE
ALABAMA SHAKES
PALOMA FAITH
PATTI SMITH
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS
RUDIMENTAL
DEADMAU5
JAMIE T
BEN HOWARD

I think she might be on the Pyramid.

Has anyone looked at the text version of the lineup on the Glastonbury site? Whilst it probably isn't in much order lower down, I think the first chunk is Pyramid from Foos to Patti and then Other Stage headliners/subs from Chems to Ben.

FOO FIGHTERS

KANYE WEST

SPECIAL GUESTS

FLORENCE & THE MACHINE

PHARRELL WILLIAMS

ALT-J

LIONEL RICHIE

MOTÖRHEAD

MARY J. BLIGE

ALABAMA SHAKES

PALOMA FAITH

PATTI SMITH

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS

RUDIMENTAL

DEADMAU5

JAMIE T

BEN HOWARD

Doubt she'd be billed below paloma faith or alabama shakes on the pyramid

This is my must see of the weekend - what a legend!

I've always had to miss her gigs in the past for one reason or another, but the fact that I will now get to see her at Glastonbury is making me very very happy!! :)

Patti Smith saw her at Latitude 2006 she was fantastic

Seconded. I loved the stick she gave the photographers in the pit when she came on. Told them all to get out to Palestine and photograph the horror out there. Always rely on Patti to make her point clearly!

Be nice if she did some stuff in the poetry tent like she did that weekend.

I had the pleasure of watching some of Tom Verlaine with Lenny Kaye later that day. Lovely man.

Sunday on the Park would be great for me (assuming it ends early again). And then over to the Pyramid for the mystery 3rd headliner

Does the Sunday Park headliner clash with the Other stage subs? Not watched a Sunday headliner there