Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

LOLgraphe4_1000_227_165___.gifThe ensembles don't deny it... definitely in with a chance. fair few plumping for no low too though. It remains defiantly, stubbornly and quite unfairly all to play for.Bastards.

Just tell me what seems most likely, please? I am begging as I have no idea what is happening in this thread.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tell me what seems most likely, please? I am begging as I have no idea what is happening in this thread.

No - the simple answer is take everything.

Otherwise it's a set of possibilities, that's all it is. Read and learn, why not?

With hindsight, we should have started the predicting the weather for the following week a month or two ago and then seen how accurate each forecast was over those weeks. At least then we'd have had 6-8 weeks of 'forecast and outcome' to judge whether they are broadly accurate a week out (and we now need to get depressed) or whether they are fairly inaccurate (and we can all start hoping).

Still, bit late now I suppose!

With hindsight, we should have started the predicting the weather for the following week a month or two ago and then seen how accurate each forecast was over those weeks. At least then we'd have had 6-8 weeks of 'forecast and outcome' to judge whether they are broadly accurate a week out (and we now need to get depressed) or whether they are fairly inaccurate (and we can all start hoping).

I like your thinking...you mean do the weather thread all year round. who has the stamina?

Don't post much. Lurk a lot, but don't post. Just like to thank to all for making my commute bearable as I look forward to the best week of the year. Please don't stop. For the Met heads on here....

Damn it, no idea how to post a video clip. just google.....

' leslie nielsen quotes we re all counting on you'

You'll get my point.

Well they got last Friday wrong  - on Friday 

and

they got yesterday wrong too, yesterday!

likewise! its been taken over by amateur meteorologists/people with a graph fetish it seems ....I wouldnt mind but common sense says the most accurate forecast is going to be only 1/2 days beforehand and anything else is pointless anyways. Tuesdays weather forecasts will be the ones that matter

Then go away and come back then.

How disinterested you are in the forecasts now doesn't really add much

Weather keeps changing all the time, all i can really see is its going to be dryer than last year, and slighley cooler, which is good in my eyes, as i dont think 2014 was that bad, when it rained it came down abit, but sun dried it up, had a great time anyway

someones got there knickers in a twist....I was simply expressing how baffling most of these graphs are to people not `into it`

They are explained fairly regularly and there are text forecasts posted often. Sorry that not every bit of data comes with an in depth analysis.

Basically, some models are saying it will be ok, but there are a few now predicting the end of the world or something even worse: 2007.

Weather keeps changing all the time, all i can really see is its going to be dryer than last year, and slighley cooler, which is good in my eyes, as i dont think 2014 was that bad, when it rained it came down abit, but sun dried it up, had a great time anyway

2014 was defo bad at times. I remember trying to walk from pyramid to other (beat hotel way) after jack White last year. Every step I was nearly over...and I was relatively sober...it was a mess at that point.

ok I can see im pissing off the amateur scientist lot here, ill be silent :) (itll rain) :P

Nothing wrong with asking questions and trying to learn what's going on, you just caught us all at a bad moment with that latest run and then you insult the graphs. Hang around for a bit and you'll soon pick up what's going on. 

Met Office lastest

UK Outlook for Tuesday 23 Jun 2015 to Thursday 2 Jul 2015:

A drier, brighter interlude for most on Tuesday and Wednesday with somewhat warmer conditions expected, although there is still a risk of slow moving showers, mainly in the south. From Thursday onwards, northern and western parts will tend to be cooler and windier with showers or longer spells of rain at times, whereas southern and most eastern areas are more likely to hold onto warmer, drier weather at times, but even across the southeast intervals of occasional rain and stronger winds seem likely at times. There is a possibility that a more generally settled picture to develop across the whole UK towards the start of July, but confidence in any detail is low at this stage.

someones got there knickers in a twist....I was simply expressing how baffling most of these graphs are to people not `into it`

They're not that baffling are they? Even with my limited knowledge (pressure stays high = good, pressure drops = bad) I can understand most of the charts to an extent.