Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

If they have, they clearly had a very good reason to and the foos might be more of a draw than they might first appear.

I don't doubt they are a massive draw, not really that special though. They always tour the hell out of each album and won't be actually hard to see in the next 2 years.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the announcement again and it is to fit the schedule of only one headliner....

ROCK WERCHTER 2015 FROM JUNE 25TH TO JUNE 28TH!

FRIDAY 10 OCTOBER 2014

Staff announcement! Next year, Rock Werchter will be taking place from June 25th to June 28th. This means we’re moving the festival one week forward, to fit the schedule of one of the headliners. Negotiations are still ongoing, and we cannot reveal any names just yet. We will definitely keep you posted. 258 days to go until Rock Werchter 2015!

Edited by Gossard

I don't doubt they are a massive draw, not really that special though. They always tour the hell out of each album and won't be actually hard to see in the next 2 years.

Not for Belgians though. They only played one Belgian date per album and even skipped us altogether in 2008. Add to that RW failing to book them again since 2005, despite them being one of the most popular musical acts for years, and you can see it has become a prestige thing for the festival. If Foo Fighters were to skip Belgium this Summer, RW would be taking the piss as much as they do now. Except that being in the Glasto weekend now offers them better lineup possibilities.

Anyway: yesterday first Roskilde headliner, today Northside, next week first Grune Holle names (the new major fest at Nurburgring), and the wishlist thing for RW ends tomorrow. We can't be too far away from first names.

Edited by Dietediet

I think they may have changed schedule due to a number of factors. For a matter of fact if they could get a couple of decent headliners the weekend before is maybe why they have changed and to get better acts on the whole.

On the other hand say they kept the weekend and hardly any big acts are touring next year/or the big bands want to do own shows and they miss out on say Foo's it may be a terrible year. The festival market is very slim at the moment for acts, especially for European festivals because of American summer festivals becoming increasingly popular. Werchter may have felt they needed to change dates to get the best possible bands and lineups around as they will know who is going to be around already where as we do not, we have speculation on say (this band is supposedly in the sudio, so their album will be out for summer etc..). And if they would have not changed the date they may not have kept in the game.

I think headlining a medium scale festival (Dour, Cactus, Les Ardentes) would be more interesting from Interpol's point of view.

Northside repeating acts we saw in the same period last Summer + Roskilde booking f-ing Pharrell might prove your earlier point though: perhaps we're looking at a mediocre festival Summer and RW did what they could to provide a non-shitty lineup?

Edited by Dietediet

If The Black Keys are going to RW again next year, will they then move one spot up and maybe be a Subheadliner instead of just a sub?

Maybe they will co-headline with someone like Editors. If Interpol repeats they probably be high on main. Would really like Jose Gonzalez from Northside announcement!

I think headlining a medium scale festival (Dour, Cactus, Les Ardentes) would be more interesting from Interpol's point of view.

Northside repeating acts we saw in the same period last Summer + Roskilde booking f-ing Pharrell might prove your earlier point though: perhaps we're looking at a mediocre festival Summer and RW did what they could to provide a non-shitty lineup?

Been reading that for the last three years (in general, not for Werchter). I think it's more a case that the market's now oversaturated and lineups in general are worse.

Roskilde booking Pharrell Willliams as a headliner is a joke.

I know what you mean, but I will not go as far as calling it a joke. Roskilde is trying to be as diverse as possible by including a lot of different music genres. Having a pop act as a headliner is an answer to that... Eventhough Pharell might not be the best choice I still find it better than Rihanna or Drake from the recent years.. When that being said, Roskilde needs to bring up some really decent rock/metal headliners, otherwise I am going to RW again ;-)

Edited by Hyllebergxd

You guys think this could be likely?

Thursday: Rise Against - QOTSA - Foo Fighters - Daft Punk

Friday: Marilyn Manson - The Killers - Muse

Saturday: Bush - Elbow - Radiohead - The Prodigy

Sunday: Weezer - Eminem - Coldplay - Pharrell Williams

Eminem and The Killers aside, I'd say all the bands are likely....

I am almost sure that Rise Against and Weezer will play Werchter, because my only doubt was if they will appear in Groezrock (as happened with Offspring last year), but I think that Motorhead and Rancid will headline there, so my bet is that Weezer and Rise Against will be in Werchter in 2015!

I am almost sure that Rise Against and Weezer will play Werchter, because my only doubt was if they will appear in Groezrock (as happened with Offspring last year), but I think that Motorhead and Rancid will headline there, so my bet is that Weezer and Rise Against will be in Werchter in 2015!

Wouldn't put too much money on Weezer yet. It's been 14 years since they last played a Belgian show, so a new album isn't saying everything.

Having a go at the lineup, purely guesswork on who should have albums out by summer:

Thursday - the gaslight anthem/ the libertines/ blink 182/ muse/ the prodigy

Friday - royal blood/ fall out boy/ noel gallagher / kanye west/ deadmau5

Saturday - counting crows/ frank ocean/ ed sheeran/ coldplay/ disclosure

Sunday- a day to remember/ weezer/ faith no more/ jack white/ foo fighters

Definitely no qotsa as the tour ended last night, feel free to rip the lineup to pieces :)

I have to say sparticus that their is a lot of shit in their but i am defo going to werchter and i wouldn't complain at all at that lineup! Bit of everything and you get weezer and foo fighters. If weezer are their and food then the I couldn't care less about the rest. But you've made some decent drinks spot (go get beers) and plenty of chilling areas and lots of lets go see bands :) good shout, wouldn't be the best lineup of the year but would be happy enough with the outcome and the plentt

Dietediet, you heard any news or rumors about TW Classic or Werchter Boutique?

Mostly the usual classic names going around: AC/DC, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, ...

One interesting thing though: someone on Festileaks claimed in September that he heard this from 'good sources':

Foo Fighters at RW

AC/DC headlining TW Classic

Coldplay headlining Boutique

Attempt to have a standalone U2 concert on the Werchter fields

This actually sounds pretty reasonable. Also it makes me hope that they'd do a Boutique with more poppy acts so we don't have to see them at RW (for example: Ed Sheeran - Pharrell - Coldplay).

If Weezer plays RW, you invite me to one beer, but, if they don't play I will invite you to a beer... accept the duel?? :)

Can you remind me again in February? I have to wait for my June exam schedule first, I might be a victim of the festival rescheduling :(