away on ticket day?

Guest Bexxxxx

OK so I've just realised i'm potentially away on ticket day this year. Is it usually the first Sunday in October?

I will be in the UK, so not too bad, but i'm already panicking! We will be staying in self catered accommodation (not booked yet) so top of my list is now an internet connection ;)

I'll be in Las Vegas on ticket day, getting on to get tickets is gonna be the biggest gamble I'll have whilst there

How would that work, buying UK tickets from an overseas IP? Or don't Seetickets bother checking the IP and just go with the registered card details?

OK so I've just realised i'm potentially away on ticket day this year. Is it usually the first Sunday in October?

I will be in the UK, so not too bad, but i'm already panicking! We will be staying in self catered accommodation (not booked yet) so top of my list is now an internet connection ;)

Don't most holiday lets have wi-fi now? I think it comes as standard now with most places.

For those people who will be abroad on ticket day, it would be unfair to penalise anyone for being on holiday.

Or two week holiday ends on the first Sunday of October this year.

We are in Scotland. The let runs out on the Saturday. We were going to take a leisurely drive down with an overnight part-way back, we live on the South coast.

Once I realised it was likely to be ticket day plan scrapped, will be doing the driving in one hit to make sure we are back!

It is indeed bad planning, something I agreed to on the weekend after glasto when I wasn't thinking straight. The group of people i'm going with all have hectic work schedules and it's the only weekend we can all do. Can't cancel it now really - they will kill me! I only realised my error this morning!

Ah well, they all know i'm a bit mad when it comes to Glastonbury. And i'm likely to be the one finding/booking the accommodation so i'll make sure we have wifi. I just worry it won't be as reliable as my connection back home. With any luck I can get them to help me!

Failled in 2012 as was in a five star hotel in london attending a charity bash. Guest internet was slow and would only allow one connection per room. Got through on iphone but lost out at booking page whene it timed out and I couldn't retry without iphone refreshing the page which chucked me out of the queue.

This year I told wife if charity ball is on ticket weekend I'm not going even if tickets are worth £800 each (not that we pay its a freebie from her suppliers).

I was in Malaysia for last year's ticket day, worked out quite nicely as with the time difference I didn't have to wake up at silly o'clock on t-day for the first time in history. I didn't manage to get my own ticket but got onto the page a few times. Someone in the UK got me one in the end. Doesn't matter where you are as long as you've got the internet and/ or good friends trying from other places. Good luck!

Edited by matt1991

That's where I think I'll be come t-day. Tbh, I'm not worried, I'll still have plenty of help from people in the UK too.

I gotta say, I could get nowhere near the waiting page last october. Hopeless. In the resale, I used my local computer and a laptop going through my work's VPN. I succeeded through my laptop.

I was in Ukraine on ticket day last year with no internet access! Having to rely on sporadic texts to let you know how the sale was going was horrible! Considering I'd got through for everyone's tickets for the last 3 festivals I was a bit nervous to say the least. Eventually got a text through that simply read "Sorted - we're going!" - relief!

I have been in Vietnam on ticket day and in Paris last year on resale day and got through both times quicker than I ever have in the UK. In fact ended up getting most of our friends tickets, even though we were expecting it to be the other way round. As long as you have a decent connection it shouldn't matter where you are in the world!

I was away on a girls weekend last year but as I booked the hotel I made sure it had wi-fi- I got up early and went down to get a breakfast tray then sat with an iPad on wi- fi and iPhone on 3G in my room. Got tickets at 9:45am on the iPad then went down to join the girls for end of breakfast:)

I was away on the last ticket day, in the Cotswolds, with no wifi in the house despite the owner of the house telling us that wifi was available. There was no 3G either.

I ended up in a local pub on ticket morning, profusely thanking the landlady for letting us in before hours to use the internet. In return we left a positive review for her on TripAdvisor, bought some drinks and sent a large crowd of people to her the night before (we'd agreed on the Saturday that she'd let us in).

Nothing is impossible...

When is ticket day this year, any ideas? I can't even remember the rough date of it last year.

If its the first weekend of October then I'm in Barcelona (along with another 2 of my Glasto group) so will be relying on my other festival friends. I was f5'ing like mad last year and still ended up getting tickets via friends so I'm not as concerned about not being there.