thief's and wot to do with them

Guest guypjfreak

my idea is to put them on the pyramid stage before the first bands and throw tomatoes at them lol..

but here one that got caught

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204047974301825&set=a.10204045169151698.1073741869.1298157223&type=1&theater

isnt it lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know the answer as to what should happen as I always think that you actually need different solutions for different personality types. If there was one solution that solved all crime I think we'd have found it by now and be using it. Sadly there isn't as there are so many different types of people and many complex reasons why they commit crimes.

I guess I would support trying more different measures to see which has the biggest impact. I certainly think publishing photos would be a deterrent for some though not all. I'm not sure about mob justice though. It makes me a little uneasy.

my idea is to put them on the pyramid stage before the first bands and throw tomatoes at them lol..

but here one that got caught

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204047974301825&set=a.10204045169151698.1073741869.1298157223&type=1&theater

isnt it lol

But.... but..... He doesn't look like a scouser, how can this be?

But.... but..... He doesn't look like a scouser, how can this be?

I'm a scouser; caught someone in my tent last year about to leave with two crates of ale. I hit him, hard, and he called me a scouse bastard. Do I hit him again, broke his nose with the second one. Stealing is bad, but dissing a scouser to his face is something I wouldn't advise. Not like you actually would, you shithouse.

I'm a scouser; caught someone in my tent last year about to leave with two crates of ale. I hit him, hard, and he called me a scouse bastard. Do I hit him again, broke his nose with the second one. Stealing is bad, but dissing a scouser to his face is something I wouldn't advise. Not like you actually would, you shithouse.

Nicely done.

Perhaps I should explain that I was trying (and clearly failing) to be sarcastic. Over the years I've read multiple threads on here where scousers are more often than not accused of being thieves. My point was that the bloke in the photo's on the link didn't look like a stereotypical scouser so would not fit in with most peoples preconceptions of what a thief looks like.*

It was a poor attempt at humour and for that I apologise. It was probably poor as being a wool, I lack the required wit.

*never go back. Never explain.

Nicely done.

Perhaps I should explain that I was trying (and clearly failing) to be sarcastic. Over the years I've read multiple threads on here where scousers are more often than not accused of being thieves. My point was that the bloke in the photo's on the link didn't look like a stereotypical scouser so would not fit in with most peoples preconceptions of what a thief looks like.*

It was a poor attempt at humour and for that I apologise. It was probably poor as being a wool, I lack the required wit.

I got it. But then again, I've spent far too much time on here recently.

Nicely done.

apology accepted. And to be fair, he was right- i am scouse and I am a bastard.

Mugger got caught at Castlemoreton , Got filled full of LSD , heavily lectured by scary people,stripped naked and then paraded around the site with a noose around his neck followed by a baying mob all chanting "Hang the mugger" His BMW was then destroyed and he was thrown off site. I wonder if he ever mugged again.

At Castlemoreton there were no security and no police. It was a self policing festival.

(No, he wasn't a Scouser btw :) )

Mugger got caught at Castlemoreton , Got filled full of LSD , heavily lectured by scary people,stripped naked and then paraded around the site with a noose around his neck followed by a baying mob all chanting "Hang the mugger" His BMW was then destroyed and he was thrown off site. I wonder if he ever mugged again.

At Castlemoreton there were no security and no police. It was a self policing festival.

All that sounds horrific enough as it is, now imagine it tripping absolute balls on LSD. I'd be surprised if the guy stayed sane :P

So the answer to mugging is to strip, assault and commit arson? No one see's anything wrong with this? I don't know the exact details of what he did, but I can't see how this makes the people who did it any better on the face of it

So the answer to mugging is to strip, assault and commit arson? No one see's anything wrong with this? I don't know the exact details of what he did, but I can't see how this makes the people who did it any better on the face of it

I have no idea how much you know about the old travelling and free festival scene from back in the day. Free festivals were set up along the lines of bring what you expect to find and you can do what the hell you want as long as you harm nobody. No tickets, no security, no police. They had to be self policing. The core of the festivals were the people who lived outside normal society and without some kind of 'rough justice' the whole scene would have turned really nasty. The incident I posted about was by far the most extreme that I ever witnessed in the free festival environment after living in a bus, truck and then double decker for many years. The mugger had used violence to relieve numerous travellers of their drugs and money over a couple of days. He WILL have known of the risk he was taking in such an environment but obviously thought he was too hard and street to be sorted out by a bunch of hippies.

He wasn't physically assaulted and his BMW wasn't burnt out, just smashed up.

Castlemoreton (1992) was the biggest ever free party to happen in the UK. With no police or security it is incredible that this is the only incident of real unpleasantness happening there that I am aware of.

They were different, very different times to now with a very strong code of how to behave in a world which I can only describe as a mixture of the Wild West and Mad Max on acid and E.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

I was at Castle Moreton and always thought it was because he was selling fake trips and pills and ended up selling them to the wrong people, but I could be wrong.

Brings back a lot of good (and fuzzy) memories that free party does. Unparallelled chaos would be the best way to describe it I reckon.