Your Journey To Glasto 2014

Guest kalifire

So how're you all getting there, then? I know for some of us the journey starts on the Tuesday, whereas others are coming on Thursday, some even Friday. Are you biking it? Hopping on a coach or train? Or are you driving?

I had in mind to go by train until just a few days ago, when I decided I wanted to be at the gate earlier than the first (7am) departure from Castle Cary would get me there. So now I'm cabbing it to the drop-off point and shuttling it in from there very early on Wednesday morning (the shuttles run all night from the Showground). I should be at the gate around the same time the first National Express coaches arrive from London. I'll be knackered by the time I put up my tent but waking up from a nap to a freshly formed Glastonbury festival will be a wonderful moment.

What about you - how're you making the journey, and when does it begin?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plane to London from Barcelona on Monday at 6 am (spend Monday and Tueday running around getting the last things I need) and then a 2.30 am National Express coach from London Victoria arriving at 5.30 so not too bad.

It's the way back that is going to completely awful.

Friend will be travelling from Bradford down to my house near Sheffield on Tuesday evening, then me, him and my husband will set off driving probably about 3am, normally arriving on site by about 10ish, all being well.

Leave mine in the North East of Scotland on Sunday morning and get a train to Glasgow, then minibus down on Monday morning, stay in the Glastonbury Travelodge on Monday night then join the queue on Tuesday night after spending the day climbing the Tor and exploring the town.

We've got it easy coming from South Wales. A convoy of two VW Campervans and me towing my caravan. Aiming to get to CV East some time after midday on Tuesday to get settled in. A night of good home cooking from our catering manager, meeting our neighbours and, hopefully, some other old friends who will also be in the CV fields.

Then a gentle start on Wednesday before descending the Hill of Death to the entrance and the fun beginning.

So how're you all getting there, then? I know for some of us the journey starts on the Tuesday, whereas others are coming on Thursday, some even Friday. Are you biking it? Hopping on a coach or train? Or are you driving?

I had in mind to go by train until just a few days ago, when I decided I wanted to be at the gate earlier than the first (7am) departure from Castle Cary would get me there. So now I'm cabbing it to the drop-off point and shuttling it in from there very early on Wednesday morning (the shuttles run all night from the Showground). I should be at the gate around the same time the first National Express coaches arrive from London. I'll be knackered by the time I put up my tent but waking up from a nap to a freshly formed Glastonbury festival will be a wonderful moment.

What about you - how're you making the journey, and when does it begin?

I'll probably have a lie in on the Wednesday at home to get as much sleep as possible so I'm nicely rested for the fest and then I'll get in my car and drive to the fest at around half 12 and get there for 1. :P

Edited by Jackmypie

Fly or ferry from Dublin to Liverpool to stay a night or two, run around frantically to get my tent etc then on the coach at 7am on Thursday morning. Have no idea what I'm in for as its my first time and to say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement.

Edited by H.M.V

work(tell everyone im feeling like sh*t) & pick up a hire van tuesday, do a beer bag and tent run that night

set off about 4amish bolton-(ring in work sick)-coventry(pick a pal up)-glastonbury pitch relax in the sunshine

Hasn't been booked yet but we'll likely be getting te national express from Liverpool or Manchester about 5am Wednesday morning, depending on whatever's left in a few weeks time.

Failing that, risk driving down in a KA with no idea of where we're going.

Edited by kaytee...

Will leave Leeds shortly after England confirm their exit from the World Cup, drive down at a leisurely pace and arrive some time between 2 and 4am. Try and get a couple of hour's kip in the car park then hit the queue about an hour before opening. Easy.

Sorted out our tickets in the resale, so we'll be back again!

Flying from italy to bristol on tuesday afternoon. Sleep in bristol and then take the national express coach on wednesday morning. Then 5 days of heaven and gettin back to rome on monday morning.

See you all there