What new bands have you discovered/enjoyed since line-up announcement or TBC?

Guest plaskins

I was looking at Saturday and feeling it was a bit blank for me so i did some listening on you tube and came up with " The Internet" and " Emilliana Torrini" , really looking forward to seeing Emilliana Torrini in the Avalon at night, The Internet are Nou Soul and will sound good on a hopefully sunny saturday afternoon. Girls all the way for me then as i will be at Goldfrapp as well :)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at Saturday and feeling it was a bit blank for me so i did some listening on you tube and came up with " The Internet" and " Emilliana Torrini" , really looking forward to seeing Emilliana Torrini in the Avalon at night, The Internet are Nou Soul and will sound good on a hopefully sunny saturday afternoon. Girls all the way for me then as i will be at Goldfrapp as well :)

Since the announcement and subsequent lineup browsing...

JUNGLE - can't wait to see these guys on John Peel - dancy/funky types with added groove

check out Busy Earnin' - http://youtu.be/BcsfftwLUf0

YOUNG FATHERS - hip hop driven with a cracking voice to boot. Song below is catchier than chicken pox

I Heard - http://youtu.be/fcRKZkk79-w

JAKE ISAAC - folky vibes with a bit of angst, can imagine it'll be class live (especially song below)

Long Road - http://youtu.be/HllUW8G7VFI

Thanks for these, I had Jungle but the other 2 are new to me.

another one for Royal blood defo like the sound of these

War on drugs me like but unfortunately Blondie wins

Fat white family & Wolf Alice sound promising so that me set up early doors at the John Peel tent on Saturday :)

Edited by shoptildrop

Can't get enough of Paolo Nutini and his new album. He'll have to wait for Werchter the weekend after though as i'll be at Chvrches and the end of Elbow into Arcade Fire. Talking of Arcade Fire, I can't wait for them on Jools Holland tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

Been listening to fat white family a bit since someone suggested listening to them as a new band. Their obsession with being naked borders between being a bit strange/camp and being scary though.

Edited by pmn