Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Over the last few days I've added self-confirmation Bostich+Fossible, new SRs LCD Soundystem (:D), Bixiga 70 and John Otway, @thesecretingredientiscrime's tip-off Bicep, and Milos Karadaglic (in the country at the time and told the Beeb he was "open to playing Glastonbury's Acoustic Tent") to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks BSR, downloaded the app and finally worked out how to use it without premium all this new technology confuses me and I work in IT.

Great list and love listening to all the new stuff, will be my first GF this year and the list is getting me in the feeling.

When and where is the efests meet?

Cheers @chuckles07, I look forward to that somewhat overdue pint!

And no worries @HattersBoy, glad you're enjoying it. It's still early days. To quote BTO, you ain't seen nothin' yet! Check out some of the video threads on here, another great way to get the excitement levels up, eg

For the past couple of years the eFests meet has been in the bar in the Cabaret field (behind West Holts) at 6 on the Wednesday but @eFestivals will confirm closer to the time no doubt.

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added new TBC New Order and SR Foals to the playlist - starting to fill out quite nicely now.

New Order what a result specially as the Mrs now things that the likely Pyramid headliner Adele is boring! Techie question can I stop this premium pop up on spotify when I'm playing random?

20 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

New Order what a result specially as the Mrs now things that the likely Pyramid headliner Adele is boring! Techie question can I stop this premium pop up on spotify when I'm playing random?

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you're talking about the ads, I've heard of ad blockers for Spotify but don't know if any really work. Obviously signing up to premium gets rid of all the ads!

Added new SR Ellie Goulding (:mellow:) to the playlist, and also replaced 4 of the New Order tracks with the remastered versions on the Total compilation, which sound much better.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers @tommywillo, glad you are enjoying it.

Added ELO, Beans on Toast, Show of Hands, Quivver, Nick Warren and Blossoms to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist.

ELO fantastic news, resorted to taking all the songs on the list and putting them on a memory stick for my car, now I'm rockin thanks again. 

Added Radiohead to the playlist. Based on The King of Limbs tour, most played songs include 'Feral' and 'The Gloaming' - the scenes if they play a headline slot full of stuff like that :lol:.

21 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

ELO fantastic news, resorted to taking all the songs on the list and putting them on a memory stick for my car, now I'm rockin thanks again. 

Put them on a memory stick? That might work as a one-off, but the playlist will grow and grow. You know you can play Spotify on your phone? Even without premium you can still play it on shuffle.

On 02/02/2016 at 1:32 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added Radiohead to the playlist. Based on The King of Limbs tour, most played songs include 'Feral' and 'The Gloaming' - the scenes if they play a headline slot full of stuff like that :lol:.

Put them on a memory stick? That might work as a one-off, but the playlist will grow and grow. You know you can play Spotify on your phone? Even without premium you can still play it on shuffle.

I can play it on shuffle but to bypass certain songs it only allows me to pass on a few songs. I keep coming back to the list anyway and updating the memory stick with what you have added and it plays much better in the car than on the phone. i know, technially challenged i could use a Aux cable as my kids would tell me!! Just keep them coming though BSR sterling effort, worth a cider if I see you.    

Recent additions to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist are new TBCs Dub Pistols, Jose Zaragoza, Ben Coda, Giles Smith and James Priestly (Secretsundaze), new SRs Chvrches Holly MacVe and forum tips Bastille (@Arcadian09) and Ferocious Dog (@Pear_Cider).

Also added Barry Gibb/Bee Gees from the Sun article - they have a good recent record and seem pretty confident, and updated Coldplay based on the Superbowl show.

On 2 February 2016 at 1:32 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

And so it dawns, BSR apologies for my ignorance all good in spotify world now. You are to blame for introducing me to Nick Warren and a host of others which will make my decisions at GF that much more difficult. Keep it going totally amazing. Ooh and now elo on.

Added new SRs Last Shadow Puppets, Yak (superb, if you're a fan of Iggy/Stooges/heavyish retro rock check them out) and and angry ska/folk/punk types The King Blues to the playlist.

A reminder of what this little labour of love is about: a playlist all the confirmed/self-confirmed/TBC/strongly rumoured Glastonbury 2015 acts, with the 5 songs that crop up most on each act's recent gig setlists/tracklists (3 for DJs and acts playing the smaller stages), updated as we get news. At this stage it's a best guess of who's going to be there and what they're going to play.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Started this up again for this year right here.

TBCs first, which gives us a nice eclectic opening one-two of ZZ Top and Grimes. The other two TBCs, Mister Tooley and The Swingers, aren't on Spotify (at least I don't think any of the acts called 'The Swingers' on Spotify are the right ones).

Then SRs: headliners in order of confidence, Coldplay, Muse and Adele (despite Neil's recent comments about the Foos). Then other SRs in rough order of size: The 1975, Swim Deep, Turin Brakes, Fisherman's Friends, and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Seats; plus Midland from @Cieran's chat with him (see the Electronica/Dance thread).

To be updated as we get more. As always any comments or suggestions for improvement welcome.

Nice 1 Rich, I look forward to this every year... partly cos I'm a lazy b'strd ;) & I discover loads of acts. Top effort m8!