Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Mine was a present for my wife who has MS and is finding it increasingly difficult to attend general standing concerts. I used money left to me when my gran died at the end of last year. Laugh it up all you want.

Glad I didn't comment in the way I first thought of now. Always worth waiting a bit before wagging your tongue or typing out.

Mine was a present for my wife who has MS and is finding it increasingly difficult to attend general standing concerts. I used money left to me when my gran died at the end of last year. Laugh it up all you want.

Yeah, cos I was definitely smiling at your particular situation rather than the general thing of the stones going from a free concert in 1969 to a Barclaycard sponsered fuckfest. That's exactly what i was doing.

Yeah, cos I was definitely smiling at your particular situation rather than the general thing of the stones going from a free concert in 1969 to a Barclaycard sponsered fuckfest. That's exactly what i was doing.

No bother. I'm aware that there are definitely yucks to be had. Think of my response as a general flick of the Vs in the direction of everybody, including myself for buying the tickets in the first place.

No bother. I'm aware that there are definitely yucks to be had. Think of my response as a general flick of the Vs in the direction of everybody, including myself for buying the tickets in the first place.

Fair dos. No offence meant to you personally, obviously. Hope you get it sorted.

I was finding the general circumstance of the whole debacle amusing. And I still stand by that.

I am however very sorry for your individual circumstance though... obviously. That really sucks.

I genuinely hope you get it sorted out. Do they not have disabled seating areas you can apply for at these gigs?

All this golden/diamond circle stuff didn't use to happen. First in and the fastest got the best views. A good arrangement I reckon.

luckily the only bands that have this nonsense are generally the ones to be avoided at all costs anyway

i notice jon bovi has all this shite too

luckily the only bands that have this nonsense are generally the ones to be avoided at all costs anyway

i notice jon bovi has all this shite too

You don't rate Bon Jovi, Russy?!

The stage map that's been posted for Hyde Park is the same as last year for Blur (which had £200 "special" tickets available, incidentally) but with the "gold" zone added on. It does seem weird but the hospitality payers last year had a stand of seats so they had elevated viewing along with free booze, food and DJs - I should add that I have no idea or interest in what you get for £399 at the Stones gigs.

CaledonianGonzo - you can apply for disabled access tickets on the viewing platform. My boyfriend is disabled so that's what we're doing. Nightmare getting through on the access line so I've bought general standing tickets and applied after the fact.

Cheers - though she isn't registered disabled and can still walk unaided, so she probably wouldn't qualify.

She just needs a bit of space and the option of a pew. (Though that's obviously subject to change at short notice).

Admittedly, you'd be right in noting that there'd be plenty of space at the back of the crowd.

Interesting that that Gold zone has been put exactly where there was absolutely no sound at all for Blur last year. Doubt the extra 3 decibels will make much difference which means having to listen to what a bunch of accountants and their clients think of Mick's dancing in the distance while not hearing the music.

Excellent value for money!

Cheers - though she isn't registered disabled and can still walk unaided, so she probably wouldn't qualify.

She just needs a bit of space and the option of a pew. (Though that's obviously subject to change at short notice).

Admittedly, you'd be right in noting that there'd be plenty of space at the back of the crowd.

Best place last year was behind the sound towers watching a screen. Yes, you're watching telly but you could actually hear it and there was loads of space.

Best place last year was behind the sound towers watching a screen. Yes, you're watching telly but you could actually hear it and there was loads of space.

Thats where me and Mardy were mate, yes. No other option really.

Sound where we were was obviously ace. Couldnt see a feckin thing mind, but there was loadsa room.