• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

I think Suede are one of those bands that are too big to play where their popularity with R&L's audience would place them but not likely to be popular enough to play where their popularity elsewhere would suggest. Unless they take a serious step down (and why would they?) or the organisers are prepared to risk a very empty tent they just won't be booked. James are another similar band. For example I don't think they'd much more popular at R&L than Feeder are, but Suede or James headlining the FR just sounds ridiculous.

It's because they aren't touring it makes them more likely as 2 dates isn't a tour and would meet R&L's exclusive bullshit. I've think there's a chance it may be them as there was an interview saying FR for years have been after a couple of British bands that haven't headline before and the only one that really stands out is Coldplay. Whilst not the most obvious choice for headliners they could probably get away with booking them once as at the end of the day they are along with Muse the only British contemporary band that can play staduims.

I discussed it earlier with someone in this thread and we decided that they are much more likely for Download next year

I genuinely think there's an outside chance of them doing R&L though, possible curve ball headliner, and we know FR like to give bands a push and be a bit risky with their bookings!

Where do people think the Prodigy would play?

I think that if they are headliners than there's a chance of them playing

However if they are still subhead status then i doubt they will play simply because we seem spoilt for choice with subhead options next year e.g. Bloc Party, Biffy, Noel Gallagher, Mumfords, QOTSA, possibly Vampire Weekend as well

I would love it if they played though, seen them 3 times so far and they are one of the best live bands in the world, the first aid tent would get a bit busy though!

The Prodigy hant releaced anything new since last time they sub headlined have they? So why would they be bumped up to headliner, surely they would still sub. Hopfully we will see The Prodigy there tho, were rally good in 2009. Also people keep bring Placebo up, i really hope they play

The Prodigy hant releaced anything new since last time they sub headlined have they? So why would they be bumped up to headliner, surely they would still sub. Hopfully we will see The Prodigy there tho, were rally good in 2009. Also people keep bring Placebo up, i really hope they play

I just personally think they're a great shout for next year; not too proud to take a lower place but can always put on a show as headliner. They're a festival bookers' dream and it shows by them playing each of the major festivals every few years. Not sure whether they would be headliner or not, they would sort of be a strong sub but weak headliner. Weak - only because everyone and their dog has seen them, they're becoming less relevant with younger audiences as time goes by, and they've only ever subbed R+L (except for half of one year). They'd be great for propping up a new headline act although it would be a bit of a baptism of fire for acts like Bloc Party or Biffy Clyro to have to follow them for their first ever UK headline set. Obviously V could go for them as well which would rule them out of R+L, but still.

Friday

Main

The Prodigy (Co headlining)

Biffy Clyro (Co headlining)

Placebo

Enter Shikari

Lostprophets

NME

The Vaccines

Saturday

Main

Arctic Monkeys